• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Confirmation that Ki in Dragon Ball is light

This is an interview from after the Broly movie was launched and is available in Kanzenshu.

Then, since there are such brutal battles playing out, please tell us some details about the fight scenes.

We switched up the scenery for the fights in the second half; the magma scene in particular was added because if the background had remained as never-ending white ice, it would be hard to see the effects on blasts. The scenery needs to be darker in scenes with a lot of blast attacks. Furthermore, if the conditions of the battle stay the same the whole time, the audience will lose interest, so I felt it needed to be changed up somehow. So we did things like have magma spurt out due to the ferocity of their fight, and also had them end up in another dimension at one point. Then at the climax, we created the ideal conditions to see light-based attacks when Shenlong appeared, making the sky turn pitch black. I actually imagined including scenes of them fighting in space, and to make an homage to Broli disappearing into the sun by having them fight on the sun's surface, or having them fight inside the Earth itself, but in the end there just wasn't enough runtime! (laughs) Also, I made it my goal to show off Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan in the coolest way possible. I wanted to bestow it with the most befitting visuals and power. The transformation sequence was very carefully constructed as well, and I encourage you all to try imitating it yourselves!

This should confirm it that ki is light speed and the minimum speed of ki should be equal to light and can be even higher when powered up depending on the user.

Ki has been refered to as one's light multiple times in the series.

And has shown lightspeed feats such as as early as Master Roshi's moon buster and Popo's faster than lightning statements.

It also has properties of effecting space/time or other dimensions.

https://youtu.be/Ol85xDEx9nk

Imo Ki has properties equal to and beyond light. It can effect space/time, some special type allow it to effect souls sometimes.

Strictly speaking what kind of upgrades can we talk about.

Seeing as a clash of ki is basically a clash of ones light.

And ki/light can have heat or noheating types effects.

Pretty sure by "light based attacks" they meant glowing stuff, not literal light-photons.

What Ogbunabali said. Not like it matters, characters in DBZ are above FTL anyway with multipliers alone.

Surprised he imagined them fighting on the sun since

1. apparently Saiyans can't survive in space

2. They think star+ characters can die from being pushed in the sun

Callsign Castle said:

LOL

Saiyans can survive in Space.

Kid Goku climbing his powerpole to reach the moon to drop off monster carrots, who evidently can also can live in the moon.

Vegeta in the episode where he destroyed that random planetary system.

Baby Pan in that episode with the pilaf gang.

Goku vs Beerus that is space.

There is no instant where they couldn't survive in space.

Even in the old Broly movie. BABY Broly was able to survive space.

Using his energy or ,,, say with me "light"

https://youtu.be/QPJVATTupsU

2. That didn't happen though. They normally died from the Ki blast.

1. Was discussed as and concluded as a early gag feat

2. That's Toei verse

3. I'm unsure

4. Goku vs Beerus was still in a place where there was air that was confirmed

Huesito88 said:
No it wasn't, cause there is nothing stating there was air. And by science that area is the ionosphere atmost which has almost no air let alone oxygen.

Back to the topic Ki is light according to the Author as in ki based attacks are lightbased attacks which means most abilities are at the bare minimum lightspeed.

Didnt Toriyama say that DBZ characters as early as Raditz where multiple times faster than light?

InfiniteBlack123 said:
Huesito88 said:
No it wasn't, cause there is nothing stating there was air. And by science that area is the ionosphere atmost which has almost no air let alone oxygen.
Goku could've have had just held his breath for all we could care for.

Callsign Castle said:

Hey the unreal radiation would probably do something. And plasma entering all openings probably isn't good for one's health.

Assaltwaffle said:
Callsign Castle said:

Hey the unreal radiation would probably do something. And plasma entering all openings probably isn't good for one's health.
Now this is something I want people discussing. The Van Allen radiation belt is particularly not a good place to fight in unless you have resistance to Radiation Manipulation, and AFAIK, Senzu beans don't cure diseases. Or radiation hazards.

InfiniteBlack123 said:
Huesito88 said:
Well that what it was confirmed as, so I don't know.

Well that what it was confirmed as, so I don't know.

Please show proof of where it was confirmed?

Instead of saying they're lightspeed at minimum, couldnt it be stated they're lightspeed at maximum ƒñö

Yeah the context of that statement just points to it being glowy like light not being literal light.

Especially since it can actually go faster than light

DMB 1 said:
The fact that ki blasts can go faster than actual light kind weakesn the argument.
BIG 00F

And I wonder why people don't bother adding Resistance to Radiation Manip to Goku because of his fight with Beerus in the upper atmosphere where radiation is a literal tripping hazard everywhere.

Never did, IIRC, because it'd initiate a widespread wiki CRT.

Which it should anyway, a lot of characters are missing it for good reason.

SomebodyData said:
Instead of saying they're lightspeed at minimum, couldnt it be stated they're lightspeed at maximum ƒñö

Thats like saying Gold Saints are at maximum lightspeed and can't go any higher beyond lightspeed even though we know that it's not true.

Ki is light based which at minimum should be lightspeed and can go even higher depending on power and ki control.

Yet recent writers make a big deal out of supersonic speed. I feel sorry for Dragon Ball sometimes. These writers I swear.

Might I restate that GT should have been the proper ending of Dragon Ball

Sera EX said:
Yet recent writers make a big deal out of supersonic speed. I feel sorry for Dragon Ball sometimes. These writers I swear.
Like Brian May said, lamenting on stuff that could have been drives people into madness.

DMUA said:
Might I restate that GT should have been the proper ending of Dragon Ball
  • ***** shotgun*
I believe we were perfectly fine at Goku taking Uub and flying away.

I mean sure, but, I feel like Dragon Ball can't end without saying "And this is where the story of Dragon Ball ends"

Also GT is a lesson as to what happens when you try to make more stuff

For those that wonders why some char. lacks the resistance to radiations, check better they do have it.

Back