• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dragon Ball Ki Manipulation removal

So should someone make a CRT to change the weird standards for social influencing?
I mean that would be the only way to remove SI legitimately, since Ki literally qualifies and people are forcing standards that do not exist for their reason with agreeing with the OP.
Those lead to: "The image you are requesting does not exist or is no longer available."

1st Krillin scan says: “I’m sorry, Goku… I don’t want to stand by and watch you die… but his “chi” is so powerful I can’t even approach him…!”

2nd Krillin scan (has gohan too): Krillin says “Gohan did you see…? Th-The weird guy flying second from the lead..” Gohan says “Y-yeah… I… saw… him… And I felt… his power…” Krillin says “Me too. And I froze. That little squirt could be a lot more powerful than Vegeta…! The others were somethin’, too… B-but he…!”

(I was gonna continue writing them out for each scan, but I realized you can just go read them and I’m not tryna type allat)

1st Krillin scan says: “I’m sorry, Goku… I don’t want to stand by and watch you die… but his “chi” is so powerful I can’t even approach him…!”

2nd Krillin scan (has gohan too): Krillin says “Gohan did you see…? Th-The weird guy flying second from the lead..” Gohan says “Y-yeah… I… saw… him… And I felt… his power…” Krillin says “Me too. And I froze. That little squirt could be a lot more powerful than Vegeta…! The others were somethin’, too… B-but he…!”

(I was gonna continue writing them out for each scan, but I realized you can just go read them and I’m not tryna type allat)

Thanks, but don't worry, I had accessed the evidence already, and I was just informing the original poster that they didn't link some things properly.

Edit: I checked the links again, and they work, despite the original post not being edited. I wonder why that happened.

Last edited:
No, I’m genuinely curious on how this isn’t social influencing. The best I can find is that a staff member isn’t fine with how it currently works. I don’t really care about that, I’m referring to social influencing with its current standards. If an ability truly does not belong then I don’t want it to stay. I wouldn’t want inaccurate abilities/stats either.
If you're lenient enough, then practically any character could have social influencing. A human level character might have the ability to sense superpowers, and that character gets scared by superpowers, therefore, if scaring an opponent is evidence of social influencing, then having superpowers = social influencing. However, this goes against the purpose of listing "Social Influencing" on a VS Battles Wiki profile, because justifying the listing isn't meant to be so simple. The ability is meant to indicate that a character has a particularly significant capability to influence socially. Anyone can influence socially at least a little bit, like me, but I wouldn't list myself as having "Social Influencing" because it's not as though I'm more special than any other regular person in this regard. Anyone can scare a weaker opponent with their strength. I passively scare squirrels and little birds when passing by them during outdoor walks, but that's just how life-forms work and that's not a special ability I have. I feel like the belief that having ki in Dragon Ball earns the character social influencing is like the belief that having a smartphone earns the character light manipulation and photographic memory via its usage. It's technically not incorrect, but most people wouldn't list abilities based on such mundane things. I can understand where you're coming from though.

If social influencing will be kept in the Dragon Ball ki, then the justification should at least be re-phrased, since its current description gives me the impression that it borders on fear manipulation when the evidence doesn't give me such an impression.

I mean that would be the only way to remove SI legitimately, since Ki literally qualifies and people are forcing standards that do not exist for their reason with agreeing with the OP
Would you also agree that every character with higher durability and AP than Frieza and Raditz should have social influencing?

Back