• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Confirmation for an Ice/possible Absolute Zero feat

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, replaying the game, the description of the Attack is also "Freeze in Absolute Zero Conditions!"

(I'll take a pic of that because I can't find scans online.)

Does the feat along with this statement qualify for Absolute Zero?

That feat doesn't really seem to prove Absolute Zero.

Generally speaking, just being stated to be Absolute Zero isn't enough to qualify. It needs to show its actual effects.

Considering it was shot against a part of the planet and froze everything then shattered down to its core and all we see later seems to be diamond dust/mist on top of the description of the attack stating it to be Absolute Zero rather than a character saying it to back it up, I don't know how this is less legit.

I think it is, since for example, Sheer Cold/Absolute Zero in Pokemon is accepted as Absolute Zero for having the description of the technique being "The target is attacked with a blast of Absolute Zero Cold".

But anyways, I'll wait for more input.

Shhhh, ignore the power lvls. Got to that playing half an hour per day and not everyday. Dedication.

The page for Absolute Zero reads that:

Absolute Zero is the point of cold at which enthalpy and entropy hit their minimum level. It is the ultimate form of freezing and in the theoretical situation that someone is exposed to it, their body will be frozen at the atomic level before collapsing under their own mass since the loss of energy causes the atoms to lose their cohesiveness. Due to the nature of the ability working on the atomic level, it can be considered a form of Durability Negation, ignoring conventional defenses unless a character is shown to be able to resist such attacks.
Now if you are asking that freezing and shattering a planet due to extreme cold would qualify for absolute zero, once an object's temperature reaches absolute zero, said object would literally break apart, as the atoms in that object would cease to move once absolute zero has been reached.

After this point, all the atoms in that object would lose the bonds that they have towards each other, and they would split apart from each other. Since all the atoms in the object have split from each other, the entire object would literally disintegrate into pieces.

Applying Absolute Zero for this attack is okay here.

EDIT: Basically, the temperature of Earth reached absolute zero, and all the atoms attached to Earth lost their attachment towards each other and literally broke apart. Not sure why the Earth exists after this scene though...

Ah, I see. That makes sense. Thanks for the clarification, Lina and you as well for the input, Cal and Ever.

In that case, this question is answered and it can be closed.

Lina Shields said:
EDIT: Basically, the temperature of Earth reached absolute zero, and all the atoms attached to Earth lost their attachment towards each other and literally broke apart. Not sure why the Earth exists after this scene though...
Many Disgaea skills show planets appearing and blowing up in different manners. In one skill the entire Universe is destroyed but appears again right after. Kinda like Sephiroth's Supernova in Final Fantasy 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back