• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(Concluded) High 6-A Tournament: Boros vs Captain Marvel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newendigo said:
What is stopping Carol from energy absorbing (Either from Boros or the surroundings), bypass his AP advantage, and kick his ass?
Also, more skilled? We don't know about Boros' actual combat skill or experience. At least we know that Carol has trained with other Avengers, and that she has years of experience fighting a variety of opponents comparable to her.
I agree with you, but just letting you know something. Unless Carol's been training since she was like 10, Boros has more experience.

Since when? I only recall that Boros has been locking for strong opponents for 20 years, and his strength was unrivaled even with the armor restraining him

He fodderized people, that is no skill.

I assumed he did at least some kind of training or at least a workout to keep himself from getting weaker while looking for said opponent for 20 years.

Oof. I was reading through all the arguments for this. 'Tis a tough one.

Boros has the advantages of AP, durability and regen, as well as an attack that would one-shot (Collapsing Star Roar Cannon).

Captain Marvel has flight, energy absorption and more conventional range attacks.

If Boros nails just one hit, he'd win. If Captain Marvel absorbs any energy, she'd win. But given the fact they only start 5 meters away from each other, I think the fight might resort more to a melee brawl. And since (to me, at least) it appears as though Boros' Meteoric Burst form also uses up stamina, he would likely want to end the fight as soon as possible to conserve his stamina and not end up like he did against Saitama.

Not to mention, Carol has also shown herself to often lead with hand-to-hand combat, which would provide her with a disadvantage. It really comes down to whether or not Captain Marvel begins to absorb energy before Boros throws full strength hit that'd knock her out. And since Boros has an AP advantage, any hit that connects should do just that. And with the AP advantage, regen likely won't be needed until Carol starts to absorb energy.

I think I'm leaning toward Boros here. Sorry for the text wall, btw

Without needing one hit? What stops her from absorbing it?

Meteoric burst passively radiates energy she can use.

Lol Garou and Boros are pretty much equal but do so much different in different matches

Phoenks said:
Lol Garou and Boros are pretty much equal but do so much different in different matches
Aside from their stats, i'd even go as far as saying they're complete opposites

KingEzran said:
There's still a lot of regen cap has to bypass.
But Boros can literally do nothing to kill her. Fire a beam? She absorbs it and gets more than enough power to one-shot Boros. Attack her physically? She would absorb his power and then the same thing happens. If a character has no win conditions, then it's a stomp.

Boros' regen can be stopped if he runs out of stamina, in most cases it's pretty rare but since she absorbs all his stuff it's gonna happen quite fast

I believe Boros also has more combat experience and natural AP advantage. And is there no possible way for him to suppress some of his aura?

KingEzran said:
I believe Boros also has more combat experience and natural AP advantage. And is there no possible way for him to suppress some of his aura?
Only in his first form, but this is in his final form which is High 6-A, so no. Also, it doesn't matter if you can fight better and have more AP, it's useless if your opponent can just absorb it and fire it back at you way harder, that's why it's a stomp, Boros are absolutely no win conditions and CM rofls him into oblivion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back