• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
his power is to gather new powers, so yeah, him getting newer ones prolly counts as training in his case lol he used havens arena, a place that hisoka that knew just as well as he did, if not more. having a plan =/= prep. otherwise, shikamaru beat temari with prep, for example. preparing for someone is not the same thing that batman does, in which he invents a time machine to talk his enemy's parents out of having the enemy in the first place lmao hisoka is the 3rd or 4th strongest member in the PT, chrollo is like, 6th or 7th lol if he could actually match him in a physical fight, than it means that he did in fact train and become stronger
Insert already covered everything here but I need to comment as well because this logic is just nonsensical to me. It does not matter that Hisoka "knows" Heaven's Arena. He has never fought someone who actively used hundreds of spectators against them, and Chrollo's Nen abilities are far more suited to working with crowds than Bungee Gum is able to. Not to mention Chrollo has been a floor master for a long time, and Hisoka didn't become one until he beat Gon, so pretty sure Chrollo knows HA more than Hisoka does.

"Having a plan =/= prep" Huh??? Chrollo literally stated he spent an entire year preparing for his fight in order to guarantee a win against Hisoka. What he did was far more than just planning, and that example with Batman also makes no sense and further convolutes the argument.

And are we really using arm-ranking in the Troupe to justify Chrollo becoming stronger through training? You do know that during the entire fight Chrollo was actively avoiding a direct confrontation against Hisoka, right? He did not match him in a physical fight, he used his insane versatility and advantage in numbers to overwhelm Hisoka.

so ur telling me that the whole prep premise comes from him gaining new powers and getting a crowd? wow this argument is amazing. shame that using ur surrounding to ur advantage and becoming a better fighter with more techniques is what every fighter ever in anime history does.

ps u bring up the fact that chrollo prepared for 1 year to fight hisoka, and so its unfair, but u kinda forgot that hisoka literally became a troupe member just to fight him, so i doubt that hisoka was unprepared for their eventual fight.

If you're still going on about the prep thing I genuinely don't know what else I can tell you. He actively searched for abilities specifically made to **** over Hisoka as much as possible while having full knowledge of Bungee Gum. I think you need to re-read the definition for Preparation because what Chrollo did fits that to a T.

I didn't forget that Hisoka became a Troupe member to fight him either, that info simply doesn't matter because Chrollo knows what Hisoka's Nen abilities are (other than the resurrection part) and Hisoka was only prepared for a fight against Yorknew Arc Chrollo, not a Chrollo who has the abilties of two other Troupe members and using the crowd to his advantage.

Chrollo literally had every advantage in that fight because he prepared to fight Hisoka, Chrollo wasn't training or making himself stronger overall, he literally planned for the fight ahead of time by borrowing abilities, it also helped that the crowd greatly benefited him.

Chrollo: selected a venue that benefited him, borrowed abilities that would help him, collected new ones that would help him, knew of Hisoka's abilities and came up with a plan to use all this PRE gained knowledge and tools to kill Hisoka BEFORE the fight even began. Had Chrollo not done any of this and just came up with the plan mid battle it wouldn't be prep.

I don't get why you can't understand such a simple concept as preparation.

its because i consider prep as someone literally making THE counter for his opponent with time given. chrollo stealing shit that he thinks is useful, and using the environment better doesnt fall into that imo having a plan isnt prep either, its a plan. u can make plans on the go a billion different times, a billion different ways.

I've said it once and I'll say it again he made that plan and got all those things for that plan BEFORE he told Hisoka where they'd even fight. That is prep plain and simple. I've given you the definition if you want look it up. If you keep refusing to see reason I'm just gonna ignore you.

I've said it once and I'll say it again he made that plan and got all those things for that plan BEFORE he told Hisoka where they'd even fight. That is prep plain and simple. I've given you the definition if you want look it up. If you keep refusing to see reason I'm just gonna ignore you.
go ahead, i wast talking to u in the first place lmao

Sorry but what matters is the wiki's definitions on preparations, not yours. I don't even know why we had to argue over something so trivial, it changes nothing in the scaling and just makes the thread harder to read. Let's just get back to speed scaling please.

The Cheetu calc I linked yields 4 different Hypersonic+ values and each RG and Meruem should scale above it, unless there's a better way to calc Pitou's leap and her 500 meter jump in the palace invasion.
Anyways, bringing this up again for At least Hypersonic+ for top tier Chimera Ants.

People are not viewing the Hisoka vs Chrollo fight through the proper contextual lens. Hisoka is a blood knight who wanted to fight Chrollo. Chrollo is not a blood knight and was fighting Hisoka to get the issue of Hisoka's bloodlust over with. Chrollo is utilizing his nen ability which inherently requires out of combat prep. It made no sense for him to not maximize his chances of victory. His goal is with the troupe, not to **** around and fight bloodknights. Hisoka also had equal time to do research and plan out how to counter things from Chrollo and he chose to go in using his intuition and limited knowledge on Chrollo. Chrollo wanted 100% victory and he got that. Now, a proper fight between the two would no doubt have been closer, but Chrollo didn't need the prep to beat Hisoka. He needed the prep to beat him with 100% certainty. And Chrollo was still capable of holding his own in CqC vs Hisoka, his speed was ridiculous, and he obviously also needed to complete his preparation under Hisoka's nose.

This also doesn't negate Chrollo's feat of fighting on the fly vs two people who themselves are >= to Hisoka who were fighting to kill him while Chrollo was fighting to subdue them. Chrollo survived their onslaught, they admitted they would have to fight while risking their lives to complete the mission, and Zeno stated that had Chrollo been fighting to kill he would have been more of a challenge and could potentially even beat himself. Not to mention Silva himself fought a younger Chrollo and told Zeno not to underestimate Chrollo, meaning Chrollo both survived the encounter and gained Silva's respect as a threat.

I think everyone here can agree about what you're saying. It's just that what we were arguing about was really dumb and inconsequential.

ngl ,i would love to see a HS calc for cheetu, since i have seen no such feats from him lol

PS i knew u were bring up the wiki's version of things, its just that i dont care about what the wiki thinks. its shit like the wiki's rationale that makes haku 7C for example.

Agreed on this. The sandbox can be updated for those ratings.
I changed almost everyone who had High Hypersonic+ or higher to At least Hypersonic+. I haven't touched Netero's and people who can scale to him (Meruem and Adult Gon) since I feel he can get a much faster rating than anyone else.

I changed almost everyone who had High Hypersonic+ or higher to At least Hypersonic+. I haven't touched Netero's and people who can scale to him (Meruem and Adult Gon) since I feel he can get a much faster rating than anyone else.
netero's reaction time and hand movement speed are on that lvl (his hands are faster iirc)

found something on hisoka' speed. a feat. its the arc in which saves gon using his sister's power. he is fighting gotoh, and gotoh's attacks are said to be > bullets. so A) hisoka catches those with ease, and gotoh is completely unimpressed, and B) hisoka stops playing around and pretty much covers the whole surrounding area fast enough that it looks to gotoh that he is everywhere at once, and gotoh cant follow him. so he pretty much mega blitzed a bullet timer++.

two other things, dead nen pitou = kanmaru killua in speed, per the arm cutting feat scene thing; and the old lady that has to keep following killua in the next arc could follow him even tho he was in kanmaru.

Well, Tsubone did state that if she wasn't prepared Killua would've easily left her in the dust, and when he got to an actual paved road he easily lost her.

I kinda doubt it tbh. The only Hisoka feat I could find that could be calced was during his match against Chrollo when he dodged a point-blank explosion.

I've done all I could for the sandbox, the only thing left is to calc stuff that I marked and see if it's possible to make them.

Wow, I missed a lot.....
I didn't receive any notifications and forgot to check the thread manually.

So what conclusions did you guys reach as of right now, and what's left to discuss?

Wow, I missed a lot.....
I didn't receive any notifications and forgot to check the thread manually.

So what conclusions did you guys reach as of right now, and what's left to discuss?

This is the current speed blog post.

I think that Meruem probably shouldn't be scaling to Massively Hypersonic, even though he is much faster than the Royal Guard.

This is the current speed blog post.

I think that Meruem probably shouldn't be scaling to Massively Hypersonic, even though he is much faster than the Royal Guard.
Is Netero's MHS calc still in use? There was one for Pitou as well iirc. Are those still usable?

Does Netero have a MHS calc? I haven't seen it.

The Pitou one has been rejected I believe.

In that case there's no MHS rating anymore right? Then yeah, I obviously agree with him being 'At least Hypersonic+'. Maybe add a "likely higher" as well?

Anyway, great job with the sandbox guys @Damage3245 @LordUrien935

Agreed. All we need to do is put Isaac Netero, Meruem and Adult Gon to: "At least Hypersonic+, likely higher" and I think we're good to go with concluding this revision and updating the profiles.

Is the 3x speed thing for Post-Rose Meruem not accepted anymore?

iirc Pouf said he'll reach the palace in 15 minutes, then realized it'll take him 5 minutes or something like that due to his new speed.

Apologies if this was discussed already.

We could give him a "At least High Hypersonic flight speed" rating on his Post-Rose key. Or just a "far higher flight speed" mention.

Back