• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The bombardier beetle calc look good to me, though the feat is done casually despite being superior to all feats that happened before it. So after we have all the AP calcs, we should look into whether it constitutes an outlier.

I believe the other calc uses this scan for the 'thick trees', since the tree on the left of the explosion is especially large. Scaling from this allows the explosion to be hundreds of meters in diameter.

0236-015.png

We'd need more calc group members to be involved if we're to decide which is more accurate.

I've just taken a look at the speed ratings for characters of the verse, and I have an issue with Killua's speed in his GodSpeed. He has no Massively Hypersonic feats to scale from if I'm correct.

So Massively Hypersonic with Kanmuru and Whirlwind may be inaccurate, we know he scales above Youpi and Pouf while he is in GodSpeed but neither of them has MHS speed ratings now. I would like to adjust his profile but I think we should discuss this issue first. MHS+ via Lightning Bolt sounds fine but MHS via GodSpeed and WhirldWirld might do not sound fine cuz it seems to indicate that Killua in GodSpeed is much faster than Meruem and Adult Gon, who are just Hypersonic+, with the former only reaches MHS after the Rose Bomb.

TLDR; Killua's speed in Kanmuru should be changed from MHS to At least Hypersonic+, likely far higher or just likely higher might be best. Or else he is faster than Adult Gon and Pre-Rose Meruem.

Naruto Forums calc is back for Netero's attack speed
mach 300

I've been out of the loop for over a month, what is the consensus so far?
We just finished speed scaling, vast majority are now Hypersonic+. Currently working on AP, waiting on more input for the Bombardier Beetle calc since a good number of people probably scale to Killua physically.

We're not sure yet. We're waiting for more calc group members to help us decide which version of the killua calc we'll use. So we'll either have Low 7-C or 8-C. Quite a gap lol.

Naruto Forums calc is back for Netero's attack speed
mach 300
It's my first time on this thread, Pitou's jump and Zeno's attack speed have been desconsidered?

Gifted: Character that demonstrate high reasoning ability, can master concepts with few repetitions, and display high performance capability in intellectual, creative, or specific academic fields.

Gon fits the creative aspect to a t, and he possesses the first two when it comes to Nen so I think he qualifies for Gifted.

to quote a friend:
"So the feat here is Pitou blitzing Kite from a long distance away. They're located on the Chimera Ant nest, and Kite is on the edge of the forest a long ways away. They calculated the distance between them to be 25+ kilometers, and based on vertical movement, used a projectile motion calculator to determine that Pitou was moving at Mach 83 to Mach 262. But there's an issue with this
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/697865993875095626/722132840459927612/0259-009.png
Kite was close enough to the Chimera Ant nest to be touching one of the long tendrils of Pitou's En Which only extends up to 2 kilometers, not 25+ The series literally gives us the distance, and it's much shorter than what the calc determines

http://www.mrmont.com/teachers/physicsteachershelper-proj.html
Using 2000 meters for the distance, and the same Y values as the original calc
Feat comes out to 2213.6 m/s - 7000 m/s Or Mach 6.5 - Mach 20.4"

to quote a friend:
"So the feat here is Pitou blitzing Kite from a long distance away. They're located on the Chimera Ant nest, and Kite is on the edge of the forest a long ways away. They calculated the distance between them to be 25+ kilometers, and based on vertical movement, used a projectile motion calculator to determine that Pitou was moving at Mach 83 to Mach 262. But there's an issue with this
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/697865993875095626/722132840459927612/0259-009.png
Kite was close enough to the Chimera Ant nest to be touching one of the long tendrils of Pitou's En Which only extends up to 2 kilometers, not 25+ The series literally gives us the distance, and it's much shorter than what the calc determines

http://www.mrmont.com/teachers/physicsteachershelper-proj.html
Using 2000 meters for the distance, and the same Y values as the original calc
Feat comes out to 2213.6 m/s - 7000 m/s Or Mach 6.5 - Mach 20.4"
Well that's quite the downgrade.

Records being broken is a sign of a healthy industry!
1Fst3n9.png

Imagine how triumphant Hunter X Hunter's return will be.

Took a look at the linked Narutoforums calcs, and my assessment is that they are not reliable, though I made some adjustements with a recalc.

For the first calc (palace jump),​

ChaosTheory assumed that Neferpitou created En omnidirectionally, even though the scan shows that the En was just aimed forward (this does not mean that the maximum +2 km range was used). And then Chaos used some weird unspecified ratio magic to 'locate' Pitou's position using the statement that Pitou is falling 500 m away from the palace.

lb7vQcu.png

In addition to that, for some reason I cannot fathom Chaos decided to add 2,278.765 m from the maximum extension of En from Pitou to the distance Pitou physically travelled, and combine them as 'Total Distance Covered By Pitou's Actions', and then divided by the timeframe Pitou had to do the jump.

So the calc is extremely and artificially inflated.

Anyways, a quick calc from me is that the distance Pitou traveled to Meruem's location is around 583 m, which makes the speed 2159 m/s [Mach 6.3: Hypersonic].

The second calc (Dragon Dive speed)​

uses the palace scaling from the previous calc, which is a problem. The calc itself isn't of high importance, but it is used for the third calc.
'Dragon Height Above Dome At Time 0' is more like 425.2 m., and 'Remainder Height Above Ground' is more like 31.6 m. So Dragon Dive's speed would be 475.83 m/s [Mach 1.38: Supersonic].

Of course this requires the assumption that Netero is accelerating himself using Nen or something, since this is much faster than terminal velocity. More importantly, it assumes that Dragon Dive is not falling faster than Netero's fall speed, which is highly questionable, and imo unjustified.

And for the third calc (Netero's attack speed),​

with the adjusted accelerated fall speed, the timeframe for the attack would be 0.000416 s, which makes the attack speed 21552.88 m/s [Mach 62.84: High Hypersonic+].

Remember that this requires the assumption that Netero is falling at the same speed of the Dragon Dive projectile (and not falling at a slower speed; the anime adaption interpreted the Dragon Dive projectiles to be faster than Netero's fall speed), and that Netero is accelerating himself downwards beyond terminal velocity using Nen.

Last edited:
Records being broken is a sign of a healthy industry!
1Fst3n9.png

Imagine how triumphant Hunter X Hunter's return will be.

Took a look at the linked Narutoforums calcs, and my assessment is that they are not reliable, though I made some adjustements with a recalc.

For the first calc (palace jump),​

ChaosTheory assumed that Neferpitou created En omnidirectionally, even though the scan shows that the En was just aimed forward (this does not mean that the maximum +2 km range was used). And then Chaos used some weird unspecified ratio magic to 'locate' Pitou's position using the statement that Pitou is falling 500 m away from the palace.

lb7vQcu.png

In addition to that, for some reason I cannot fathom Chaos decided to add 2,278.765 m from the maximum extension of En from Pitou to the distance Pitou physically travelled, and combine them as 'Total Distance Covered By Pitou's Actions', and then divided by the timeframe Pitou had to do the jump.

So the calc is extremely and artificially inflated.

Anyways, a quick calc from me is that the distance Pitou traveled to Meruem's location is around 583 m, which makes the speed 2159 m/s [Mach 6.3: Hypersonic].

The second calc (Dragon Dive speed)​

uses the palace scaling from the previous calc, which is a problem. The calc itself isn't of high importance, but it is used for the third calc.
'Dragon Height Above Dome At Time 0' is more like 425.2 m., and 'Remainder Height Above Ground' is more like 31.6 m. So Dragon Dive's speed would be 475.83 m [Mach 1.38: Supersonic].

Of course this requires the assumption that Netero is accelerating himself using Nen or something, since this is much faster than terminal velocity. More importantly, it assumes that Dragon Dive is not falling faster than Netero's fall speed, which is highly questionable, and imo unjustified.

And for the third calc (Netero's attack speed),​

with the adjusted accelerated fall speed, the timeframe for the attack would be 0.000416 s, which makes the attack speed 21552.88 m/s [Mach 62.84: High Hypersonic+].

Remember that this requires the assumption that Netero is falling at the same speed of the Dragon Dive projectile (and not falling at a slower speed; the anime adaption interpreted the Dragon Dive projectiles to be faster than Netero's fall speed), and that Netero is accelerating himself downwards beyond terminal velocity using Nen.
Good job Shadow. If normal falling speed for the Netero calc was used, what would the result be?

Terminal velocity with a stable head down position (or in this case, feet down) is around 240-290 km/h. So the timeframe would be between: would be a high-end, and the timeframe would be between 0.002970 s to 0.002458 s. Less than 0.1 s as stated in the manga.

Making the attack have a speed between 3018.855 m/s [Mach 8.8: Hypersonic] and 3647.681 m/s [Mach 10.63: Hypersonic+]

Though speed skydivers can reach speed above 500 km/h, which makes the timeframe 0.001425 s, which gives a speed of 6291.93 m/s [Mach 18.34: Hypersonic+], though I am not sure this speed is possible without streamlining the body and having the standard jump height of 4 km.

Back