• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Let's save the AP stuff for now.

What should we do with Ikalgo's speed rating?

Also, we need to give Gon a justification for his earliest speed rating.

Maybe Wing could scale above Greed Island Gon and Killua for speed?

I've no idea what to do with Ikalgo's speed, he does not have any notable speed feats so unknown might be best for him. Same goes for his Living Dead Dolls.

Gon doesn't have much going for him for the Hunter Exam arc's key, other than Hanzo saying he was pretty fast.

Well Killua said it would need light-speed reflexes IF he didn't know where it was going to be, but he did. So all he did was wait until the dart materialized.

Not sure if that's even possible to calc but it's a very impressive Instinctive Reaction feat.

Killua outright states that he doesn't have lightspeed reactions in the next speech bubble.

actually, there is a way to find out how fast he is (gon in the first arc, mid exam). a guy dodges an arrow very easily, while it was shot from behind, and he only knew it was coming once it was shot. its an easy calc tbh. this guy is nothing special, like, at all too. gon is prolly faster than him, but its a good start. happens on like, ep 16 or so.
PS, the arrow was shot by a superhuman character btw. the likelihood that the arrow is stronger than normal is high, which would also make the arrow faster than any normal arrow as well.

Okay, I've changed Ikalgo to unknown.

I don't remember a lot about Wing. Why would he scale above Greed Island Gon and Killua?

Okay, I've changed Ikalgo to unknown.

I don't remember a lot about Wing. Why would he scale above Greed Island Gon and Killua?
I'd say because Wing should still be superior to both of them, at least during the Greed Island arc since both of them are still considered novices.

That kind of reasoning feels a bit loose to me. Are there even any scans supporting Wing being faster than them in that arc? Or statements of his superiority?

No statements for Wing being faster (he doesn't have speed feats) or him being superior to GI arc Gon and Killua, I just thought it would be logical since he's a Nen master with far more training than either of them, I don't mind if Wing is listed as unknown for speed either.

actually, there is a way to find out how fast he is (gon in the first arc, mid exam). a guy dodges an arrow very easily, while it was shot from behind, and he only knew it was coming once it was shot. its an easy calc tbh. this guy is nothing special, like, at all too. gon is prolly faster than him, but its a good start. happens on like, ep 16 or so.
PS, the arrow was shot by a superhuman character btw. the likelihood that the arrow is stronger than normal is high, which would also make the arrow faster than any normal arrow as well.

reposting this since nobody said anything.

so, i just started heavens arena arc. for gon, the power scaling seems to go:
start of exam (kurapika level. they are all roughly the same speed and strength by the start)
end of exam (gon somehow is above them now. idk how or why, its as if him seeing stronger fighters fight, learning how to conceal his presence, and learning how to hunt made him overall stronger than before)
killua rescue arc (his training with the two pet janitors leveled up his shit by a lot. he is about as fast as the top butler now, without him using nen of course)
ill talk about heaven's arena in a later post
ps wing using ren (casually) is >(>) killua before they start learning nen. thats a good place to put him in case there was a doubt his tier.

If the reasons are not enough solid evidence or reason, I think Gin's speed should be lowered to scale to Heaven's arena's Killua and Gon.

I know that Biscuit was Wing's teacher but there doesn't seem to be solid evidence that he scaled to her current speed.

@Elizhaa; do you mean Wing's speed should be lowered to Heaven's Arena's Killua and Gon? Assuming you do, how does this look for him?:

Speed: Unknown, likely Subsonic+ (Wing has no speed feats himself, but is a superior user of Nen to Gon in the Heaven's Arena Arc)

Okay, cool. We have 6 profiles finished.

Gon's Subsonic+ justification needs work. At that time he is definitely not comparable to Hisoka or Gotoh, so he can't have scaling to them as a justification for being Subsonic+.

He's definitely not as fast but Gon made afterimages in his fight against Hisoka in the Heaven's Arena arc. Could that be better justification?

I'm not 100% sure. If creating afterimages a solid Subsonic justification? The Speed pages notes that is FTE speed, but I guess it should be okay.

It seems that's only Subsonic though, not Subsonic+.

Also, Killua described Riehlvelt's Song of Defense to look like it was standstill to him, so would that be a good speed feat for him as well?

It seems that's only Subsonic though, not Subsonic+.

Also, Killua described Riehlvelt's Song of Defense to look like it was standstill to him, so would that be a good speed feat for him as well?
yes, considering the fact that normal whips are supersonic at the tip, and this ****** is a nen user lol

i mentioned this before, but there is a way to find the speeds for kurapika, gon, and leorio at the start of the hunter exam

Okay. I will change Gon's and Killua's speed in that arc to Subsonic, using the afterimages as a justification and change Gon's speed from before then to Unknown for now.

Pokkle's speed I think doesn't changing, except for a "likely" rating perhaps, but the reference to Peons is pointless since she doesn't have a profile so I'll adjust his justification slightly.

Since Gon's speed in the Hunter Exam arc is now unknown, a couple more characters like Leorio and Kurapika in that arc are also going to be Unknown now.

I don't think Pokkle was superhuman at this point in HxH, only his stamina is superhuman imo. But is dodging arrows after they were fired considered subsonic?

I mean physically he wasn't anything special. There were characters in the exam that were stronger than him that failed due to being unlucky, and his survival skills are what got him through the exam mostly. Hell he would've been the one to lose in the final round if Killua didn't get disqualified.

I mean physically he wasn't anything special. There were characters in the exam that were stronger than him that failed due to being unlucky, and his survival skills are what got him through the exam mostly. Hell he would've been the one to lose in the final round if Killua didn't get disqualified.
i never denied any of that, but point is- even if he was trash to the others that became hunters in the end, that would still prolly make him stronger than most of the other superhuman characters. i mean, the exam could only be passed by superhumans in the first place, and he had one of the better performances in it.

Well, what do you think @Damage3245? Here's a potential justification for Gon, Killua and Kurapika in the HE arc (I don't think Leorio scales): Should be superior to other candidates, who are able to dodge arrows after they had been fired.

he dodged it very close range too, while not looking at it at first. the guy who dodged it >> the arrow for sure.

something else- as far as the anime, there are like, 5 different statements about things/characters being dozens of times stronger. idk how this translates to the manga, but this refers to is:

Having nen activated. literally just having the aura come out of ur pores makes someone 'dozens of times stronger', instantly. idk how or why.

Focusing nen on a part of ur body, PERIOD. nothing more. instantly makes it 'dozens of times stronger'.

Using it to amp a body part. Makes it 'dozens of times stronger'.

Thats about all of them that i remember right now. I would also assume that actual powers and techniques are also, if not more, than 'dozens of times more powerful' than the above shit. Speedy boy's (phantom troupe) sun technique and the guy full of hole's jupiter attacks (also from the troupe) instantly come to mind). Uvogin's big bang attack is only a nen focused punch, not different from gon's rock. an actual power/technique from him would likely be >> that, since he is like, a mega master enhancer, and easily the strongest troupe member. makes no sense for him to be below jupiter boy in AP, since thats exatcly what enhancers focus on. i actually made a CRT on this, but its locked iirc. gotta ask someone to reopen it lol

Right now we need to finish speed because it's easily the worst problem in all of HxH. We can continue that discussion afterwards.

Yeah - the sandbox should be open for other people to edit if you have more suggestions / ideas.

Right now we need to finish speed because it's easily the worst problem in all of HxH. We can continue that discussion afterwards.
yeah. btw, i saw pitou's feat of jumping from the nest to kite's position, it seemed like a good 5 to 10 seconds, so it wasnt instant. that distance seemed to be (TO ME) less than a kilometer, but i could be wrong, so idk if its a triple digit mach number tbh.

Back