• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

Noah woke up but she could barely move, her head was spinning like the moon spins the earth and her body ached as if it had been shredded, burned and threaded back together, her mouth was drier than the Sahara desert and her skin was somewhat discolored

"Awh" the Waterboarder sighed, she didn't even have the strength to stand up on her own, her eyes still haven't adapt to the light while her body still in the bed

"It's just assurance to make things clear"
"Right..."
Noah woke up but she could barely move, her head was spinning like the moon spins the earth and her body ached as if it had been shredded, burned and threaded back together, her mouth was drier than the Sahara desert and her skin was somewhat discolored

"Awh" the Waterboarder sighed, she didn't even have the strength to stand up on her own, her eyes still haven't adapt to the light while her body still in the bed
Dene glanced at her and back at Darren, thinking about what he said earlier.

Can you even bring yourself to do it?
Can he?

It's the question that has boggled his mind ever since that day. Why didn't he move? Why couldn't he just.. shoot her like all the monsters that took everything away from him? Why didn't he... end it all? Why did he even feel any emotion toward her? He knows he should've done it. He knows he should've shot her when they first met. He knows he should've followed his gut and gone on with his day... yet he didn't.

How could he even bring himself to kill her?

Had his choices been the opposite, had their conversation gone by just a little margin, would that have made the difference?

Had his personality been a lot more wilder that day, would that have made the difference?

Had he not loved her, would that have made a difference?

Dene stood in the bleak aftermath of his shattered existence, a solitary figure amidst the ruins. His gaze, heavy with the weight of sorrow, drifted to the remnants of a world once vibrant and alive, now reduced to ashen decay.

A somber symphony of colors painted the landscape, each hue a reflection of his tormented soul. The desolate gray of his surroundings mirrored the bleakness that seeped into his very being, while the ethereal tendrils of mist whispered tales of lost dreams and forgotten hopes.

His heart, once a wellspring of possibility, now lay barren and desecrated, its petals withered and delicate threads of vulnerability laid bare. Every beat echoed with the melancholy notes of shattered dreams and irrevocable loss, resonating through the hollow chambers of his chest.

The scars etched upon his weathered skin told stories of battles fought and resilience tested. Each mark held a painful memory, a silent witness to the cruelties endured, and a reminder of the fragility of his existence. They adorned him like delicate blossoms tainted by the harshness of the world, petals kissed by the jagged edges of adversity.

Dene's weary steps bore the weight of countless sorrows, a burden too heavy to share, yet impossible to escape. His gait, once filled with youthful exuberance, now carried the weariness of a life lived in shadows. Each footfall left behind an imprint, an indelible mark upon the ravaged earth, silently proclaiming his indomitable spirit despite the desolation that surrounded him.

His eyes, once bright with innocence and hope, now held a haunted depth. They mirrored the vast expanse of a starless night, holding the pain of unshed tears and the weight of a thousand shattered dreams. Within their depths, the flames of passion and yearning flickered, threatened by the cold winds of despair.

Dene's voice, when it dared to escape the confines of his tormented soul, carried the strains of a mournful melody. Its tremor wove through the very fabric of his words, revealing the frayed edges of his shattered spirit. Each syllable bore the weight of unspoken grief, an elegy whispered into the void, seeking solace and understanding in a world that had long turned a deaf ear.

In this desolate existence, Dene found himself a solitary bloom in a barren field, struggling to find nourishment amidst the arid soil of his heart.

Why? Why is he still alive? If a God exists, why does He keep playing with his life?

Why him? Why is he the one to be chosen? Why is he suffering? Why not just make the others suffer and not him?

Why did He take everything from him?

"..."

Dene stood frozen in the twilight of despair, his heart clenched within the vise of grief. The air hung heavy with oppressive darkness, suffocating any remnants of light that dared to linger. The world around him, a desolate canvas painted with the scars of anguish, whispered tales of unspeakable horrors.

His only friend, a lifeline in the depths of his desolation, had fallen victim to the ravenous maw of a merciless monster. The memory clawed at his consciousness, each recollection a searing blade that pierced his fragile soul. The weight of loss bore down upon him like a crushing avalanche, threatening to bury him beneath its suffocating embrace.

But within the recesses of his shattered spirit, a false flicker of hope danced like a mocking specter. The monstrous fiend, a master of manipulation, had donned the guise of his friend, wearing their visage as a macabre mask of deceit. It whispered twisted lies, its voice a cruel serenade that played upon the chords of Dene's shattered trust. Its smile, its face, all of the things his friend had, all of them... they were taken once again.

Dene tries to reach out, his trembling hand yearning for the comfort of his friend's touch. But instead, his fingers grasped at empty air, a vacuum of despair that mocked his desperate grasp. The illusion shattered before him, a grotesque unveiling of the monstrous deception that had claimed his friend's life. The anguish that tore through Dene's fragile being was a storm of despair, thundering with the weight of betrayal and sorrow. In that harrowing moment, the frail shards of hope that had clung to Dene's battered spirit were obliterated, scattering into the abyss of his devastation. The monster's deception had stripped him of the solace he so desperately craved, leaving behind a raw wound that bled with an unquenchable ache.

But even so, Dene found himself trapped in a desolate realm where tears refused to flow. The weight of his grief, instead of melting into rivulets of sorrow, congealed into an all-consuming anger that consumed his every thought and emotion. It was as if a dam had formed within him, blocking the release of the tears he so desperately needed to shed.

The absence of rain, once a cleansing balm for his wounded soul, denied him the catharsis he sought. The skies remained obstinately clear, devoid of the gentle droplets that could have washed away the torment etched upon his weary face. The heavens seemed to mirror the bleakness of his existence, offering no solace, no respite from the turmoil that raged within.

The sun, once a harbinger of hope, had forsaken him, leaving his nights perpetually shrouded in impenetrable darkness. Its warm rays, which had once bathed his spirit in golden hues, were now mere memories, elusive fragments of a forgotten time. The absence of its comforting glow intensified the oppressive weight that hung over his gloomy night, amplifying his sense of isolation and despair.

And in this desolate realm, there was no one to offer a gentle touch, a comforting embrace to assuage the anguish that consumed him. The void left by the absence of companionship was an abyss that threatened to engulf him whole. The silence that echoed through the lonely corridors of his existence became a constant companion, a haunting reminder of the solitude that enveloped him.

Dene yearned for the solace of tears, for the release they promised, yet they remained elusive, locked away within the recesses of his wounded soul. His heart, burdened by a lifetime of tragedy, had become a barren landscape where sorrow struggled to take root.

So he held to his heart, trying to grasp something so empty of any emotion, empty of anything except one...

Anger.

Noah got partially used to the pain and her vision returned to be more or less normal, she looked around.

"Eh what happened?" She looking to Dene, her dry voice was barely audible and full of exhaustion

Noah gave Dene a slight glance, processing everything, her mind still spinning incoherently, that was until she saw Darren, she gasped before a thought began to form in her mind, even as weak as she was she asked Darren
"Is it follow you?"

"I'm starving so it will be difficult" she murmured too, she felt the fibers of her body screaming for her to eat.
"I'll go and get something" Darren said, leaving the room for a bit
Sofia quietly grunted. Slightly shifting around as she started to slow fade back into consciousness.
(Just in case you needed to know, Laser)
his companions Sofia and Noah who were still unconscious, the former restrained to her mattress with chains bolted to the ground for safekeeping due to her willingness to murder Darren.

She let Darren go and then looked at Dene.

"I don't know if i can bear it, this hunger is not for pure food, but for my physiology" Noah says trying to attract Dene to the world

"I don't know if i can bear it, this hunger is not for pure food, but for my physiology" Noah says trying to attract Dene to the world
As Darren exited the place to get some of the prepared food on the kitchen, he found himself startled by a loud croak. Leaning over the sink and counting down, he steeled himself to turn around, seeing Marcy once again holding a single frog, SightBreakers standing behind her.

"What is it now!?" Darren asked.
"You know the girl isn't human, right?" Marcy asked back.

"Getting shot at repeatedly is a completely valid reason to want to commit murder, it does not make you any less human".
"No dad, the other one".

"The one you shot in cold blood? She's just as human as the rest".
"Humans don't just survive having their head almost ripped off. At least, according to those books. I never got to try it. And besides, where did you think I know how to make those scary monster looks?".

"From your twisted mind?"
"No, they're called Revolts. Waterboarders that can assimilate things, allowing them to do a lot of stuff like shapeshifting and regeneration. They also hunger for it which uh, can be pretty bad for us".

Darren looked back at the room, realizing that most of the group are currently inside and this could very well end badly for them.

"They don't by any chance only eat humans, right?" he asked.
"Nope! As long as it's organic or a waterboarder, the latter requiring consent, she can assimilate that just fine. Hmm..." Marcy considered for a moment "I can feed her a few of these guys. They wouldn't mind".

"Just like that? After everything you're just gonna help her like that?!".
"Dad dad, look. If you're gonna join them, you need to get on their good side. You already let them stay here and take the supplies, you may as well".

"You better not make me regret this" Darren threatened before walking back in, finding Dene and Noah still there.

"Noah was it? I'd like to make a proposition" Darren offered.

She looked at him, she could feel his refusal to such an idea and she did not want to see him suffer

"I guess I'll pass" Noah said
"No!- No... Y- you're good to feast on that bitch..."

Dene breathed out as he toughen up his will, trying to repress that past he oh-so wanted to forget. If only he could forget like Nutzlos. If only he could live in ignorance. Maybe then, his life would be a little bit brighter.

Dene breathed out as he toughen up his will, trying to repress that past he oh-so wanted to forget. If only he could forget like Nutzlos. If only he could live in ignorance. Maybe then, his life would be a little bit brighter.
Noah look in him, and tried to hug him, she don't know if Marcy would do something to change her in someway, so she will do one last hug in that case

"Alright then" Darren replied, turning around.

"Go ahead! And just like he said, don't even think of anything funny".

Marcy simply chuckled before walking in, a dozen of SightBreakers in-tow which walked over near Noah.

"Eat up! You have my consent" Marcy called out as these waterboarders merely sat around, ready to accept their gruesome fate

Noah look in him, and tried to hug him, she don't know if Marcy would do something to change her in someway, so she will do one last hug in that case
Dene didn't try to hug her back as he slowly pushes her away. trying his best to not feel any emotion should she die. Albeit, as she left, he held her cheeks with his other hand, looking at her with an empty expression.

Noah feel Sad after Dene leave her but later her hatred grew in her more than her hunger and weakness, she wished right now that something would happen to Marcy

she began to assimilate each of the Waterboarders present in a somewhat tedious process due to her condition

"I don't plan to kill you anymore. It's clear you're that girls pawn. But I do believe an eye for an eye. When I get out I'm paying you back with a few holes."
"Uh, sure..." Darren replied nervously before turning to see the sight of Noah's feast.

"So that's how it works"

Back