• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cold Streaks • RP Thread

November 20, 2001
9:00 PM

It was snowfall again, with green snowflakes radiating the surrounding area. Amidst the fallen debris and wreckage, there were small shacks built by the remaining survivors before they too were taken by "them". Lots upon lots of these creatures are seen, but they all have dispersed and gone out into multiple islands to continue their ever-so-inscrutable goals.

"Hooo... Welp, guess I gotta look for somethin' to eat.." a boy said, his eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness as he woke up from his "bed", made from what seemed to be a pile of concrete bags. He looks down and wears his sandals, putting one foot at a time. Standing up, he walks over to a broken and rusty drawer infested by wood-boring beetles, where opening it reveals a stained grey shirt and a black hoodie, covering what seems to be a bouquet of white flowers and a black bullpup stock.

Turning on the flashlight as it makes a clicking sound, the boy trekked the wrecked buildings, still yawning as he looks on.

"Ahh... there's nothin' there, also that.... and that too..." he said, sighing as he continued.

There were so many guts and blood thrown around the city, though it never bothered him given he's used to seeing them on live television ever since the very first invasion. Though he is still disgusted by them given he's looking for food and not some edgy painting made by a serial killer- other rather... serial killers...

"The pizza was good, wish I could find 'nother jackpot like tha-"

A noise broke out of his out-loud monologue, he pulls out a modified P90 from his hip, puts the dial on full-auto, and start to **** the charging handle before letting go, the sound of metal echoing as he approaches the noise. He places his cheek on the stock, his grip unwavering as he trained his sights on whoever's going on to be on the other end of the barrel.

"Ah, shit... Here we go again..."

"What did he do to you anyway? Is it his really lame flirting lines? The fact that he snores really loudly..." Marcy asked, tilting her head.

"Or was it because he kept shooting you and you're too slow and dumb to dodge".

A black room suddenly engulfed Sofia who quickly looked at her prisoner, now just a single sniper rifle in her ink.

With the flick of a finger, a flash was fired right out, going past her and bouncing off before tearing through her shoulder. Yet the bullet did not slow, continuing to fly and bounce around, piercing through her body over and over as the rifle kept shooting until the whole room glowed orange with bullets bouncing, flying, and piercing through Sofia's broken battered body
"As if a kid.. Would know anything of stupidity.."
With the last of her strength, she began crushing the rifle in her ink. If it were an illusion, she would end up crushing her fathers limbs, if it were real... Well at least she'd stop the constant firing of bullets. Though in her current twisted state of mind, she hoped it was the former. It would bring her joy to see the child before her break down. She may be the one on the brink, but she was the true demon of the two, it was as if a princess of carnage was blooming before them

Out of the remains of the house, frogs began to leap out, jumping out of every nook and cranny as they leapt away from the ruins.

Another entity also exited the ruins though unlike the frogs before, she instead floated, looking down upon them all.

The little girl from the very start.

"You humans are a pain, you know that?!" Marcy ranted.

Every time we think we've got you, you pull something else out of your butt and ruin it for all of us. This was our chance! Dad could've lived a normal life without knowing what's going on... Well, as normal as someone with anxiety issues can have.

"All you had to do was die"
"Oh, very scary, miss" Marcy taunted before clapping.

In an instant, a heavy force was felt all over Sofia's body, crushing her from every inch of her skin

Now would be a good time to use "that new thing".

Those were the thoughts that ran rampant in Dene's mind...

He had no time to grieve, no time to cry, no time for anything... If this was anybody else, they'd bite their lips and fight onward. But he's weak, and he knows that. Only he knows what's going on in his messed-up head. It was all too much for him.

If anything, those words... those thoughts... They can only be spoken by those who are strong...

Someone as strong as him.
Third-Day of Division Thrones' Training...

7:00 AM...

Dene was launched backward, hitting a nearby tree as symbols around him begin to fade.

"You're not using them properly, Dene... I told you to observe the enemy, not look like a duck watching them." Soma said, levitating down as he walked near him.

"Lack of attention in a battle can hinder even the most powerful of people, and believe me, I've been through that...

Look, I know you want to protect Noah, but why are you such in a hurry to get strong?

Let me guess, you don't wanna be dependent on her, huh?"

Dene remained silent, clutching the bruise.

"I thought so...." Soma remarked, smirking.

"... Listen here...

I think- in... my honest opinion anyway- you and the rest have just the same potential when it comes to strength, even Noah herself. You guys are growing very fast in the last two days, which is great! That's what me and Efrain plan to do in the upcoming raid...

The only problem with that... is your mindset. Sure, the way you and the others use your powers is very creative. But when faced with a threat you either panic or get too overconfident.

You gotta know when to taunt and when not to taunt. Being unpredictable is also great! Given you can't know what exactly a drunk guy would do."

"So are you saying I don't give my best?" Dene asked.

"Yeah, pretty much. You barely could use Ratio Notation without leaving yourself vulnerable no? For example, when you tried to use it on me, you made several walls of crystals to stall from me getting to you. You didn't take into account how strong the enemy is. Maybe you could've asked:

How strong is he? How much time will I have before he gets there?

But you didn't. Instead, you hoped that I wouldn't be able to reach you in time, which is a bad mistake." Soma explained.
"It ain't an intimidation act si-GRHK!" Her teeth were grinding together. Partly as a result of the force, partly out of pure stubbornness and malice. She had sent her tattoo sling off her arm and at the little girls neck.
Dene slowly stands up, looking at Sofia before locking eyes with the little girl.

Holding the metal frame with his right hand.
"So... what should I do then?" the boy asked, shrugging.

"You have to understand 'Ratios', Dene.

Ratios are mathematical concepts that are used to compare two quantities, usually expressed in the form of a fraction or a proportion. They have been an essential tool for humans for thousands of years, shaping our understanding of the world around us and enabling us to make better decisions in a variety of fields, from science and engineering to finance and economics. Without ratios, we would be limited in our ability to describe and analyze relationships between different values, hindering and limiting our ability to understand and describe the physical world around us." Soma said, holding his hand out.

"For example, let's use Pi- a non-repeating, non-terminating decimal number, its digits going on forever without repeating in a predictable pattern..."

Soma gestured for Dene to borrow the metal frame he gave him, to which the boy complied and handed it over.

Suddenly, white lines began to form on Soma's palm as the symbols that once surrounded Dene coalesced into a perfect sphere. As he forms it, the ground begins to shake from the sheer pressure it produces. Soon, the white sphere turned black as it begins to pull everything, only for Soma to stop.

"There..."

"You want me to make a black hole?! Hell naw, I can barely use that for anythin' let alone make world-ending attacks that casually! Are you out of your mind?" Dene exclaimed.

"No, of course not. I'm simply showing you the potential of this thing if you used it properly. This has been the reason why I was able to master my Contraband when I was a little kid, so I don't doubt you'd get stronger with this." Soma replied.

"All you need to do is to 'imagine'.

Imagine a circle or curved objects in front of you, and try to find a thing that fits or that aligns with that shape.

The shape of a river, the trajectory of a thrown ball, the outline of a leaf, or the profile of a mountain range, and even seemingly straight lines, when examined at a sufficiently small scale, can reveal curves.

Try to find that imperfection, emulate the Pi, and work from there..."
Remembering those words, he glared at Marcy from a distance, his eyes cold yet determined.

The eyes of a killer.

Faintly breathing, she looks down to Dene
"I know you can't understand me kid... I wanted to do this on my own, tried to go at it without considering the consequences like SHE always told me not to.. But honestly, that's a load of shit... The most clarity when it comes to making a decision is when you're emotional. I saved you, so you owe me this one. I'll give you the glory of this kill, you need it more than me right now."

With a weak grin and limp body, she lifts her hand, squeezing her fist. Blood trickled from her hand onto Dene's phase. In a symbolic gesture, the blossoming bud of carnage passed on her pollen. Now the bee she provided would bare it's stinger at her attacker. The rose had passed its flame to the bee, which had now become a murderous hornet.

"Kill this stupid bitch..." Sofia began to fade from consciousness. It was now the hornets job to save the blossoming flower from its attacker. Don't let the bud die before it's fully realized.

Last edited:
Noah's mind fell into limbo, her thoughts were a sea of memories, thousands of voices resounded in her head, she didn't know what was happening, her body didn't move, she didn't have the necessary strength, she was all stiff on the ground while the thud only entered her ears, unable to hear or see the outside world

"I kinda was aware this was probably going to happen but I really don't wanna clean blood off Chopper, so."

Damian turns off the tail blade and starts to spin seemingly out of control causing the blood to come off before Damian turns back on the tail blade.

"That was a lot better than those spinny disc roller coasters."

Remembering those words, he glared at Marcy from a distance, his eyes cold yet determined.

The eyes of a killer.
"I've seen those eyes before, something bad always happens after that..." Marcy commented, descending back onto the ground. Once there, she pointed once again at him before exclaiming.

"bang"

A powerful force slammed at Dene's whole body, the impact creating a shockwave throughout the area and destroying a portion of the house

Last edited:
"I've seen those eyes before, something bad always happens after that..." Marcy commented, descending back onto the ground. Once there, she pointed once again at him before exclaiming.

"bang"

A powerful force slammed at Dene's whole body, the impact creating a shockwave throughout the area and destroying a portion of the house
As the force approach him, he sees mathematical symbols surrounding the attack, the body of Sofia, the girl's arms, eyes, shoulders, legs, and feet.

Using it to his advantage, Dene narrowly dodges the attack, receiving a scratch on his cheek as he forms a crystal bullet from his fingers, shooting a white line towards her chest.

"..."

Using it to his advantage, Dene narrowly dodges the attack, receiving a scratch on his cheek as he forms a crystal bullet from his fingers, shooting a white line towards her chest.
Said bullet simply passed through her, hitting the tower behind her with the same force she inflicted upon him

"Oh, that's what it does"

Said bullet simply passed through her, hitting the tower behind her with the same force she inflicted upon him
Unfortunately, the bullet didn't stop at just the tower, changing it's trajectory as it homed in on her.
"Oh, that's what it does"

Dene interrupts her dialogue as he generates a crystal ball from his palm, throwing it towards her as it begins spinning.

Unfortunately, the bullet didn't stop at just the tower, changing it's trajectory as it homed in on her.

Dene interrupts her dialogue as he generates a crystal ball from his palm, throwing it towards her as it begins spinning.
Marcy quickly dashed forth, just enough that the two attacks would meet at the same place she was... before vanishing immediately, the ball and bullet hitting each other

Marcy quickly dashed forth, just enough that the two attacks would meet at the same place she was... before vanishing immediately, the ball and bullet hitting each other
The bullet disappeared as the sphere returned to his palm.

He then starts spinning it once more, before gently placing it on the ground as he tries to find her location.

Knowing her power works with sight, maybe using a sonar would work against her.

"..."

He start to feel the air around him as he used the ratio Soma taught him, trying to know where she is.
"Oh, I have an idea!" a voice called out, followed by the ground below him was suddenly launched upward, flying into the air with Dene on it at enough speed that he was forced onto the ground which was now growing faster and bringing him further up with every

"bang" and he exited the illusion

"bang" and the city seemed like a speck

"bang" and the air began to thin

"baaang..." and gravity's effect stopped, leaving Dene stranded in space on a chunk of land.

"Oh, I have an idea!" a voice called out, followed by the ground below him was suddenly launched upward, flying into the air with Dene on it at enough speed that he was forced onto the ground which was now growing faster and bringing him further up with every

"bang" and he exited the illusion

"bang" and the city seemed like a speck

"bang" and the air began to thin

"baaang..." and gravity's effect stopped, leaving Dene stranded in space on a chunk of land.
"..!"

Dene didn't expect it, but as a last effort, he used his Ratios to change the trajectory.

He created large guns, firing them upward as he used the recoil to launch himself back to the surface, making a crystal suit to protect his body.
"Is she going to do anything? I can't blatantly steal her counter attacking strategy unless she attacks!"
(Huh? Oh, right, gotta respond)
Eqowir leaped as she tries to get close, throwing a blunt spear to knock him down.

Last edited:
(Back how is she jumping all the way to the helicopter outside her normal range she still doesn't have jump good style "pseudo-flight" or acrobatics)
(She didn't jumped to the helicopter itself, she just leaped and threw a spear. The trying to get close part is like a stupid attempt of her wanting to get close)
"Hmm, 10 seconds" Marcy commented, witnessing Dene's fall
"..."

As he slowly enters the atmosphere, Dene closes his eyes, before summoning cannons behind him, trying to bombard Marcy with homing crystal missiles.

Dene braced for the impact as he lands elsewhere on the battlefield, waiting for another strike to come.
Dene landed smack dab in the middle of the city, a shockwave being felt across the city and breaking any glass and weak structures nearby, a crater forming in where he landed

Noah while her body could have felt the chaos outside, the Waterboarder was so immersed in her own experiences, she has been close to death but she has been saved, but that was before... when she did not give her power to others, when she thought more about self-protection, she didn't even follow orders, she only killed humans and respected the territory of the other Waterboarders.

a memory appeared, it was not one that she lived or of people, but it was there, as if it were engraved in her genetic code, she saw how an entity, strange and at the same time comforting, guided an endless ocean, creatures of which she belongs, her sight looked at the entity unable to recognize it.

then her mind warped more and more, random memories of her appeared, the day she simply began to exist, the last human killed before henosis, the food that she ate last week in henosis, the time she dismembered that couple before years ago, how she revealed herself to Dene and they both cried.

her instincts absorbed her consciousness, now Noah was there lying on the floor eith the body all stiff, the girl could not see even with her eyes looking at the sky, her eardrums resonated in such a way that it was impossible to hear, the cold asphalt was barely perceptible, her muscles did not react even a finger was an absurd pain after the cannibalization and her mind returned to its primordial state

Damian fires a missile at the ground she is going to land at.
Eqowir then creates wings from her blood located at the spine, protruding out of her as she dodges the attack.

"Heyyy, mind answering me?"
Dene landed smack dab in the middle of the city, a shockwave being felt across the city and breaking any glass and weak structures nearby, a crater forming in where he landed
Once again, he tried to sense the air and the sound, making sure to not contact the ground, in case the monster pulls off the same stunt from earlier.

Once again, he tried to sense the air and the sound, making sure to not contact the ground, in case the monster pulls off the same stunt from earlier.
Once again, that low buzz disrupted his efforts, leaving everything he picked up a blurry mess during his efforts, leaving him vulnerable for just a moment.

In an instant, a sharp pain was felt on his neck as blood poured profusely from it, followed by 2 more cuts on his wrists and ankles as he turned around, seeing Marcy standing behind him, a bloody switchblade in-hand.

"boom" she exclaimed as the missiles that were tracking her down now came here, creating a violent explosion on her which also hit Dene due to proximity.

Once again, that low buzz disrupted his efforts, leaving everything he picked up a blurry mess during his efforts, leaving him vulnerable for just a moment.

In an instant, a sharp pain was felt on his neck as blood poured profusely from it, followed by 2 more cuts on his wrists and ankles as he turned around, seeing Marcy standing behind him, a bloody switchblade in-hand.

"boom" she exclaimed as the missiles that were tracking her down now came here, creating a violent explosion on her which also hit Dene due to proximity.
Fortunately for Marcy, Dene was at the very end of his stamina, causing him to faint on the ground. As much as he wants to get up, he cannot.

He failed, but maybe the monster would show a little bit of mercy.

Last edited:
"Don't you dare touch him, brat, I already know how this works" she screamed with all her strength, even exhausted she had managed to move in all the chaos, slowly she had to force her body to change to be able to enter the house and the bunker without being detected , there Noah was holding Darren, one of her hands was on his neck and the other was covering his mouth, one wrong move and Darren would be killed

"I can feel all of you, it was difficult but if one of the sightbreakers tries to get close, the human will meet God."

"I genuinely don't think you understand how this thing works." Damian says before starting to shooting out two missiles so they collide in front of her catching her in the explosion.

"You didn't seriously earn the respect of these humans by just killing everyone left and right, right? Are you even one of us anymore?" Marcy asked
Noah looked at Marcy, her face didn't reflect an emotion, but clearly there was something, then she started to laugh for a few moments.

"...Come on, that appearance you take, plus the fact that you attacked me when I was at his house, although I have lied to many people, I have never gone so far as to mess with the thoughts and make someone think that I am his daughter, no, I would just finish the job before going so low, I can smell it, his whole house and its preparation describes it, you pushed him into paranoia and tormented his life, tell me if you really like him as a Father? Or that it was a lie?" She told her, Noah saw a reflection of herself, she was a monster and she knew it very well, a monster that should not show compassion but the love for Dene was true, the thing is that she represents such concept differently, although the sweets treatment and support that she given to him, there is something else, something more related to belonging, she did not see Deme as an object but she did see him as something that only she could have and no one else, perhaps Marcy felt the same with this human so Noah could touch a nerve and get away with Dene and the others

"Meh, humans are very stubborn, they will stand up and survive the situation, this one will probably turn his desperation into anger right now towards you, after showing him that you are a manipulative monster" Noah said to Marcy while looking at Dene with one eye, her voice felt tired and her muscles were at the limit, she smiled at him slowly as a sign

"Meh, humans are very stubborn, they will stand up and survive the situation, this one will probably turn his desperation into anger right now towards you, after showing him that you are a manipulative monster" Noah said to Marcy while looking at Dene with one eye, her voice felt tired and her muscles were at the limit, she smiled at him slowly as a sign
"Alright, I'll give you your human" Marcy said, the bleeding and battered Dene slowly floating towards Noah and placed gently on her feet.

"You have a chance to save him"

Back