• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cinder Fall vs Esdeath

It was repeatedly stated in the beginning of Volume 4 that the Silver Eyes are a weakness to the Maidens.

But besides that the Silver Eyes are a complete unknown and probably shouldn't be accounted for with anything.

I cant seem to find anything useful on mahapadma and I dont really wanna dig through AGK to find it so ignore what I said about mahapadma for now

Yes i was talking about silver eyes.

I know it wasn't about cinders aura. Im saying that despite it she took heavy damage through unknown means.

That said Esdeath will be able to land a lethal blow with her sword in timestop. Aura can lessen damage but with cinder offguard multiple sword strikes will do it

@Aizen She took heavy damage because her maiden powers gave her a crippling weakness to the Silver Eyes, which have already shown to have a durability ignoring effect

How would she land a lethal blow through her aura...? Until it goes down bladed attacks basically act as blunt attacks.

Aura can act as a shield of sorts but sufficiently powerful hits will cut through. She will take damage and esdeath can land multiple hits in timestop quite quickly. She wont take many strikes unguarded to the neck and be ok at the end of it. Or get stabbed in her remaining eye and be blinded.

And Esdeath has the upper hand in a drawnout battle. Esdeath is imo a more experienced battle tacticianer, and a skilled h2h combatant. making cinder use up her power and wearing her down. So I still see her winning this eventually

Thankies on the Maiden thing. Forgot about that.

Gotcha on the Vol 1 fight. Almost forgot about that. Though it was less of a fight between the two imo.

Well... you can really hammer in attacks while time is stopped. And it's not like the first time aura has been bypassed.

Also fun thing to imagine, if Esdeath keeps encasing Cinder in ice, which she naturally blocks, and melts through, but Esdeath keeps doing that, again and again, that could be quite drastic on the cost of aura. And with flames requiring oxygen she might run out if that keeps happening. Fun little thing I imagined to use against fire users.

@Aizen Not really, the only time this has happened is when Adam, who is much stronger and was also amped at the time, attacked Yang.

Cinder's maiden powers dont have a time limit though

@CoB No prob

Yeah, its less of a fight and more of a curbstomp until Glynda showed up.

For her aura to be bypassed there would have to be a large gap in power or Cinder would have to be VERY low on Aura

Thing is, Cinder's power doesnt run on aura (No one in RWBY's powers run on Aura actually) nor does she need oxygen to use her fire as it's magic-based

Yes and he oneshot her. Im not saying esdeath oneshots but comparable foes in rwby dont take many hits unguarded before their aura runs out.

They dont have a time limit but that doesnt mean they dont drain her stamina.

Someone immensely stronger and amped oneshot someone much weaker than them, surprise surprise :p

Cinder also has actual forcefields mind you, not just her Aura. Meanwhile Esdeath doesnt have that luxury, meaning Cinder's attacks will be dealing full damage to her

Also Cinder has telekinesis

Esdeath can and has used her ice as a shield. And quite massive chunks of ice aswell.

I cant see Cinder actually landing many hits on Esdeath as she seems to be a better alround fighter with likely better combat experience.

And Mahapadma should still be enough to end this fight with one use of it

Actually I do recall Esdeath being able to place herself in an armor of the sorts made of ice. She could also create walls of Ice to protect her to an extent.

Admittedly not the first time I heard flames violate the laws of physics. But I still stand with the drown her in ice blocks till she can't breathe. Even if she melts them there won't be a rush of oxygen.

But Weekly, in that case if aura needs to have such a big gap, why were people able to overcome the aura barriers and get electrocuting attacks? Namely Illai on Sun who was in fatal condition after, and Ren who was really dazed after in that Vol 3 fight.

And yeah Esdeath can do that.

Cinder busted through Ozpin's shields during their fight, Esdeath's shouldnt be much different especially with the added bonus of using fire against ice

@CoB Because Sun's body was overtaxxed due to summoning more clones than he could handle. What heppened to Ren now? I dont recall that part.

Im willing to admit that Mahapadma can put Cinder down IF her Aura is down, but im having a really hard time buying that that would happen given her tendency to play the range game.

This ain't in game pokemon my friend. I mean I don't think I can even succeed too well on using a flamethrower to thaw out icebergs in Antartica. What chance does fictional fire vs fictional ice has?

We got flames that can burn soul and incredibly cold and durable ice that violates laws of physics.

Cinder has this high-difficulty.

While Both have fairly similar uses with their abilities, Cinder has a few extra things. She can create force-fields with her Aura, which gives her a defensive edge, has Mid-Low regen, Telekinesis, and a variety of other elements that she has command over while Esdeath is strictly ice.

Let's say Mahapadma does work, and Esdeath uses it either early on or in the middle of their fight. Unless Esdeath lops off Cinder's head, she is not landing a killing blow right off the bat. If she were to impale Cinder's chest, the latter's aura could regen. Mahapadma is also a one-time use, and Esdeath is VERY likely to waste it on a mere executioner strike due to her arrogance.

Without Madapadma factoring in, Esdeath has nothing that Cinder can't handle.

WeeklyBattles said:
@CoB Because Sun's body was overtaxxed due to summoning more clones than he could handle. What heppened to Ren now? I dont recall that part.
Ren got electrocuted easily, so if aura can literally deflect and counter anything I'm quite surprised that he can get electrocuted. And I doubt it's just him being stunned by the electricity and the aura protecting him.

https://youtu.be/5_BF789hJuE?t=67

Video for citation. It's why many are so hesitant on even calling aura always turned on.

@Cin

Esdeath can create giant walls of ice as shields... not really a defensive edge if the other person can do the same. Not to mention that aura does run out so that puts an even more difficult issue for Cinder to last. Meanwhile you have Esdeath outlasting several armies in the final battle.

What other elements? Of course variety works but it's not as if it immediately makes you overwhelming to the enemy. But either way it doesn't really affect much if the enemy versatilely uses their ability to create summons, projectiles, and various ways to attack.

Like being repeatedly encased in ice even if she breaks out each time? Summons? How about extreme overwhelming gap in experience fighting? And how about the capability to outlast an entire army?

It's not as if I'm saying Esdeath is better than anything Cinder can possibly have, but she is not getting the respect she needs.

Her summons are a trump card and might as well be a non-factor when Esdeath is forced to engage in a fight by herself, especially when their performance relies heavily on her being focused on them.

Outlasting an army of opponents drastically inferior to her says 0 about her stamina. She stomped 95% of the forces. What about this suggests that her stamina is anything special by fictional standards?

Example of Esdeath having high stamina: Shrugging off having one of her arms sliced off and continued to fight in near-perfect condition.

I mean that doesn't mean she can't just create a weaker variant while fighting... And it's not like she's incompetent while fighting with said army so....

I'd say outlasting an army with very little rest constantly alongside a mix of pretty powerful but not as powerful people constantly gunning for her is not just outlasting an army.

... eh? What's the point of this response?

Edit - I misunderstood. My b. Though still confused

CinCameron20 said:
Example of Esdeath having high stamina: Shrugging off having one of her arms sliced off and continued to fight in near-perfect condition.
To be fair she did form a new arm almost immediately after.

So here's what I've gathered.

Esdeath freezes time and kills Cinder.

Argument: Cinder has Aura that turns any and all bladed attacks into blunt attacks (Esdeath will not one shot).

This is recent but yeah aura can be turned on and off at will (Vol 5) so any inconsistencies can be put to "they forgot to turn their aura on or got distracted (looking at you Sun)"

So will Esdeath freeze time at a moment where Cinder doesn't have Aura on? Probably not, it should be second nature to turn her aura on especially when she sees Esdeath doing something that can be percieved as an attack.

Will continue later, I want to see what else is brought before voting

I mean what kind of a person forgots to turn on said passive aura armor... And why would even a competent person like Ren forget to turn on his at a crucial time like a tournament fight?

Even if it can be turned on and off it's not exactly a solid idea. It kinda violates the concept of fighting at your best. And if the reason as to why they dont have it always on is because it uses up aira to maintain then adds another drawback.

It's really a speculative thing to say. Also Ive seen some fights involve rwby characters getting frozen while theyre fighting at their best.... Not fully frozen but partly frozen.

So far Oscar is someone who forgot, as explicitly stated in the episode.

There's no evidence of Aura not being on in order to conserve it. Think of Aura like how a fighter uses his arms to block, a conscious action. Not a problem.

But yeah Cinder has Legit force fields from being the fall maiden which unrelated

Not according to what we recently learned in Vol 5. Ozpin even indicates that Oscar forgot to engage his Aura.

Just a little note about Esdeath's stamina, it took an entire army + i think it was 10 Teigu users + multiple encounters with Tatsumi in multiple forms just to tire her enough for a powered up Akame to take her out after Esdeath destroyed Murasame. Also, though i'm not sure, correct me if i'm wrong, but Esdeath was stated as using Mahapadma to stop Murasame's poison in order to chop off her own arm so it wouldn't kill her. I might be wrong on that last one though.

Ignoring all that though, I'm still going with Esdeath for the win via Experience. Shes been hunter monsters and fighing in battles since she was a child. I think she even survived in the wilds on her own for a time.

Expirience doesn't really mean much here tho because what is that expirience spent in.

Cinder may not have so much experience, but she defeated Ozpin.

It's quite funny considering a pretty straight forwards fighter like Natsu has beat Cinder with practically no effort while Esdeath seems to struggle against her.

Back