• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cinder Fall vs Esdeath

Gargoyle One said:
Literally everyone was voting Esdeath until you're reasons came and debunked them...
Sounds about right

@Homu its really not that big a deal. 1000 degrees give or take can do that to rocks and your typical fire can range from 600 to 1100 degrees celsius ( red flames to orange yellowish flames)

Dunno. I would suggest calcing it to find out. Would be interesting.

Still dont think its enough to resist mahapadma though as esdeaths regular ice can already resist good heat.

Yeah I looked it up, it would take at least 1400 Celsius for Cinder to have incinerated Pyrrha's bones, and it was pretty much instant so it was likely hotter than that.

No idea.

He didn't use it to burn through her ice as it was in a much weaker form.

I have no idea how to deal with this.

That said since we don't have any particular showings of Tatsumi's Fire i would just go with around 900 Celsius which would be regular fire or rather continuous flame range(in middle of the flames).

Okay, so after all of this im going to give this to Cinder high difficulty. Now, im going to play devil's advocate and say that Cinder's fire CANNOT counteract Mahapadma. Esdeath still has no knowledge of Cinder's Aura and has no idea that she wont able to kill her if she doesnt take it down first, so if she uses her trump card before she takes down Cinder's Aura, she's kinda screwed as she wont get the opening she thought she had and she's going to exhaust herself, leaving her open for being put down. And given Cinder's larger and more varied arsenal, im inclined to say Esdeath would see her as a threat that would require Mahapadma to take down relatively soon. Esdeath wont go down without a fight, but Cinder should take this in the end.

Weekly.

I already counted your vote.

Don't need to see someone say vote after arguing for literally the entire thread in ones favor.

To be honest I'm actually inclined to go for Cinder via Weekly's reasonings throughout the whole thread.

Esdeath comes off as more experienced for me imo and her time stop could come in really handy if used properly, which would probably push her towards it. However, Cinder does pace well with many of her abilities since they're mostly ice. Not to mention the magma feat thing and aura makes things easier for her.

However, I'm gonna have to side with Esdeath in a very difficult battle for both.

Regarding the turn Pyrrha into ash, I don't think it would be a casual attack either. And applying too much physics on the level of heat vs level of heat that can be resisted can be quite finnicky. But there's still the fact that most of Esdeath's feats are done casually and she probably leads in physical superiority.

Battle of attrition is on her side too, and by any chance does she have the really cold environmental attack to use? Could help for a bonus on tactics.

And to add on I heavily agree with Aizen regarding the events of aura being bypassable. I mean Ruby got knocked out by a thug when she had a good amount of aura left over. PIS? Sure, but then again Sun was also tased in Vol 4 and was in critical condition. He had plenty of time to rest. at that point too. Same for Ren early on in Vol 3.

Yeah aura being a impassible shield is really, and no offense, reaching and at worst, wank.

Just to add on to Core's list of times aura wasnt a conplete defensive shield like Accelerator, Ruby also badly injured cinder through some unknown means despite possessing alot of aura.

Aura lessens damage but you still take damage.

Also Mahapadma doesn't have the weakness of only be used once a day anymore. So she can use it more often.

Its not a inpenetrable forcefield. You just take less damage when hit.

@weekly when was what?

Iirc it was mentioned somewhere in the manga that she improved it since the first time she used it and can use it more often

@Weekly more direct feats, nothing really usable as an argument. It's my personal nitpick

@Aizen

I think the mechanisms on how Ruby's eyes worked was unclear so I was hesitant on using that as an example. But either way I've been unsure of the aura argument since day one. And Yang being tired and being cut by Adam in that clash? She doesn't look tired at all. She had plenty of time to rest prior to that too so her aura level wouldn't be bad after clashing with a few Grimm. Actually did she even fight other Grimm? Likely but I don't think it was a literal fought off an army and then arrive there. On a narrative standpoint I'm sure they wanted to portray Adam as he is at that scene, taking down Yang while she's in a competent state. But that's more debatable.

Exactly, its a forcefield that reduces damage taken, so how is it wank?

When did Ruby do any damage to Cinder? They only fought twice in the series and Cinder curbstomped Ruby the first time and was literally playing ith her the second time

Got a scan for that?

@Aizen

Err, I'm unsure of the use it more than twice. Got any pages for those Aizen?

@Weekly

That might be when Ruby hunted her down during the prom? Unless Aizen meant the eyes.

Ooooooooooh he was talking about the Silver Eyes thing. Yeah no, that wasnt due to Cinder's Aura, that was due to Cinder having a specific weakness to Ruby's Silver Eyes due to having absorbed Amber's Maiden Powers.

Is it a specified weakness? I don't recall Maidens being weak to Silver eyes, only Grimm. That said that's if he's referring to Silver Eyes.

Also, Ruby fought Cinder a second time? I thought the second was the eyes thing.

@CoB Yeah, i'll pull up the clip, Salem specifically says that Cinder had a weakness to the Silver Eyes because of her Maiden Powers

Yeah, they fought in the first episode and then again in the episode with the dance

Back