• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cinder Fall vs Esdeath

Lost her arm. Id say that is lasting damage.

O Its pretty established in the series once you lose your aura you are significantly weaker to attacks. You can confirm this with some RWBY experts like TheBlueDash

I would like to point out that Mine's rifle uses incredibly hot energy depending on the danger of it's user and it still got time stopped.

@Aizen Yeah, Yang with almost no aura lost her arm to someone who is not only much stronger than her, but was also amped.

No, its the exact opposite. RWBY characters without their Aura are the same AP and durability. Aura is literally just a full body forcefield. This has been consistent throughout the entire series.

Isn't Esdeath resistant to Fire anyway?

As for the Aura I'm sure that'll deplete quickly while in a Time Stop with Esdeath wailing on her. Either that or she straight up decapitates her.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Aizen Yeah, Yang with almost no aura lost her arm to someone who is not only much stronger than her, but was also amped.

No, its the exact opposite. RWBY characters without their Aura are the same AP and durability. Aura is literally just a full body forcefield. This has been consistent throughout the entire series.
Where was it shown Yangs aura was drained?

Anyway, what is your vote weekly?

EDIT: um.. Yang had fought mercury some time ago. She was not low on aura at all.

@Aizen No, she cant until Cinder's Aura goes down, unless Esdeath can magically cut through forcefields on her level.

Her aura is apart of her dura. Which means that it can be overpowered by some1 in esdeaths level to inflict damage, much like reiatsu.

Saying aura lolnopes damage until you run out is NLF. Especially when we have seen in the series that is not the case.

No, her aura is not part of her durability. Yes it can be damaged by Esdeath but saying she can just cut through it like its nothing is ridiculous.

Except it does, the series constantly shows that this is the case.

I wouldn't say it lolnopes damage. Definitely makes you resistant to being damaged however users of Aura can still feel pain and feel sensations such as heat judging by how the RWBY wiki defines it. Also since they are still able to be effected by heat i also assume they'll be effected by The Cold.

Aura is apart of your dura. Jaune was cut by a tree branch when he had no aura. It obviously increases ur dura as it can act like a barrier of sorts. Its just combined with their natural dura as they always have aura on.

@Knight I meant theyre not susceptible to lasting damage until their aura goes down. Hell the entire tournament made a point of not allowing the students to fight if their aura was down because they would be susceptible to actually being hurt. They can still feel pain and heat/cold yes.

But WB, Adam has proved it that it is possible to cut through someone's aura. It just, you gotta need a hell of firepower to do that.

Tho, in this case, I don't see Esdeath doing that due she and Cinder are roughly at the same level.

What even is this argument now? Esdeath won't pierce through Cinder's aura in one attack or something. If she needs enough repeated hits to break through it won't even matter.

The Everlasting said:
What even is this argument now? Esdeath won't pierce through Cinder's aura in one attack or something. If she needs enough repeated hits to break through it won't even matter.
Welp, should have worded it diferrently. Yes, it will take more than one attack to break through Aura, unless you ridiculously above your opponent.

Wha?

How high are those two in 7-A?

Cinder is baseline, Esdeath one shotted Tyrantsumi

Not a one shot obviously

@Gargoyle Cinder is a bit above baseline, 168 megatons

Esdeath is 7-A for oneshotting Tyrant, who is dubiously 7-A

Oh okay, I thought you meant he was lower because he was possibly 7A.

I never understood why we couldn't calc or tell how high someone is on the 7A scale through size. Just Unquantifiable I guess.

Nah, but without a calc we cant really say he's anything higher than baseline

Dunno, we still really havent squared away that whole "X is tier X via sheer size" thing for characters that arent absolutely massive...

To be fair the Danger Beast that makes Tatsumi 7A is absolutely massive...Like...Crushing a mountain within the palm of it's hand massive.

So is the Shikoutazer as well.

@Gargoyle Actually, that's only the tops of the mountains, not the entire mountains

Shikoutazer is defnintely not 7-A via size

Both seems like at the same level to me. Athough Cinder may have a slight AP advantage here. Which isn't gonna be an easy task for Esdeath to break through her Aura.

Mahapadma could be useful, but it depends on how long she can maintains it, not to mention it may not be as effective as usual due Cinder main offense is fire (She could possibly resist Mahapadma...And Esdeath can only use it once from what I read in her profile).

For now, I'm leaning to Cinder due her may slight AP advantage, her aura defense which is hard to break through for Esdeath and as WB pointed out, Cinder can generate heats without activating her flames which is gonna be useful to resist Mahapadma. Plus, she has flight.

WeeklyBattles wrote Shikoutazer is defnintely not 7-A via size

Just Saiyan

Still wish it was possible to do so, still dwarfs it by a massive degree.

@Homu I already pointed out the thing about mahapadma earlier. Her ice resists tatsumis fire. Need better evidence to resist mahapadma than a bit of heat. It would need to be alot, so much that theres little doubt they can resist it, Like Yamas Bankai or resist it via freeze resistance like Rukias absolute zero.

Literally everyone was voting Esdeath until you're reasons came and debunked them...

Back