• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Charlotte Katakuri vs Silvers Rayleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.
All first officers should be more or less equal judging from how they've faired. So breaking down abilities . . .

Silvers has over Katakuri:

Experience (Probably not given his retirement)

Swimming

Better CofA

Katakuri has over Silvers:

Prime health

Many DF abilities

Better CofO

Better hand-to-hand

Range

They should both be about equal in power, melee, and CofC. OP doesn't specify a body of water for Silvers to use and Katakuri is hardly lacking experience in his own right so I give the win to donut man.

I heavily doubt Katakuri is better in CQC when Rayleigh not only has way more expirience but also wields a blade, Rayleigh is also vastly superior with Haki by comparison

Rayleigh takes this.

Garp who has faced every bigshot pirates in the world, refered to Rayleigh as a "legend" along with Whitebeard and said marines cannot handle the two of them at the same time (take that as you will). The same Garp later called Luffy (after he defeated Katakuri) "still just a fledgling". I don't see how Katakuri can defeat Rayleigh.

Garp has been referring to Rayleigh throughout his history but Rayleigh in his current form is weaker than he was at his prime. Garp also never witnessed Luffy's power after the time-skip.

Schnee One said:
I heavily doubt Katakuri is better in CQC when Rayleigh not only has way more expirience but also wields a blade, Rayleigh is also vastly superior with Haki by comparison
Rayleigh takes this.
They both wield weapons and they both have very good haki so the only aspect that counts there is Silver's experience.

Actually I'm not even sure that counts since Silver more or less retired after Roger which puts him at around 50 to Katakuri's 48.

Katakuri has been a pirate since his childhood so I also don't see how experience would be a determining factor here.

@Strawboi

He's talking about when Rayleigh left Roger's pirates.

Silver rayliegh is my vote simply put if u remember reading that flash back Luffy had during his fight against katakuri; when rayliegh was training Luffy rayliegh easily exposed all gear 4th Luffy weakness while he was boundman form yet katakuri knew of the weakness because Luffy accidently exposed it himself; my point is silver has far more years of experience compared to katakuri not to say dogtooth isn't a veteran fighter

I really don't think that's enough for Ray's victory but I will count your vote for now

Rei Rubro said:
I really don't think that's enough for Ray's victory but I will count your vote for now
I'm not sure I understand his reason tbh :S. I gt the end of it and we already brought up experience factor. I just don't get the rest of it.

I didn't completely understand his reasons either. The experience argument is being overstated by what it seems, I'll wait until someone with better arguments appears.

Rei Rubro said:
Garp has been referring to Rayleigh throughout his history but Rayleigh in his current form is weaker than he was at his prime.
Whitebeard was also old and was still called a legend by Garp.

Look at it this way, Marco is at least comparable to Katakuri and he got oneshotted by Garp (who also got weaker due to age), the same Garp called Rayleigh a legend and said the marines can't take on Whitebeard and him at the same time.

Garp considering Whitebeard and Ray as "legends" doesn't mean that they all are equivalent (Ray can hold his own against one admiral at most), I don't want to get into this discussion because this ins't the place for that, the important thing is, in that wikia Rayleigh and Katakuri are considered to have the same tier which makes this match possible. I don't want to be rude but if you don't agree make a CRT.

My point was silver rayliegh was toying with gear 4th Luffy during luffys training win he was explaining to Luffy his weakness while in boundman form

Maybe Silvers Raleigh via Experience, and Range advantage?

Dogtooth can only go as far as "tens of meters" with his paramecia powers.

While Rayleigh can go "at least hundreds of meters" with ranged slashes alone.

What does SBA say about how far away they are when they start fighting?

This might be a short fight, which it will most likely be due to Rayleigh's stamina reserves. (Rayleigh was stated to be tired during his fight with Kizaru.)

In short, I think that this match will be determined by how far away they are when they start.

If they both start out far away from each other, Rayleigh Wins. If they start out close to each other, Katakuri wins.

My vote will depend on these conditions above.

@Quibster

And why Rayleigh has "hundred of meters" in his range section? He uses air slash only once and shows just that range.

Yeah, here's the issue.

Rayleigh fought against Kizaru, someone who didn't have Haki and managed to keep up with Rayleigh.

Did Kizaru keep up through sheer speed via Pika Pika no Mi?

Given it isn't cited I'm not even sure it counts :S. For scaling purposes, as Calaca said, Katakuri has the same scaling anyway so one should be upgaded/downgraded.

Also, why is experience continually being brought up? Experience equals time to gain skills and/or strength. We already know their skill/strength. Its working backwards to say "he has more experience, so he should be stronger" when we already have measure of said strength. What this thread is for is determiing how their abilities woud play out against one another for the win.

Also, no one really addressed how Ray may not have an experience advantage if we cap him at his retirement.

In case it isn't clear I'm voting Katakuri because regarding everything we know about the two they are largely equal . . . BEFORE adding the many abilities katakuri has via DF. In a battle between equals the one has more powers wins. I do not think votes based on "Experience" should be counted since experience doesn't equal strength.

Also, I'm pretty sure Rayleigh has plenty of experience dealing with DF users, given he was Gol D Roger's right hand man throughout a hectic pirate era.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back