• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chara Conceptual Manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. When you grab the Real Knife and Locket, I think it should be noted that they are likely both the same as worn dagger and heart locket..

What this means:

Chara is able to change and manipulate the descriptions, name, and ATK and DEF of objects in the game.

Dont know what this could account for... Im leaning towards Conceptual Manipulation as ATK and DEF are both concepts and Chara was able to easily change and manipulate their physical stats.

PaChi2 said:
You... know what game mechanics means? right?
the fact that we still consider it as the fact that chara has 99 atk and def with it and then scaled undyne the same way on par means its not entirely game mechanics

umm... you're joking.. correct?

Even without game mechanics this would at best be statistics amplification

That's..... literally just a reflection of Chara's murderous intent. When Frisk see the knife, they see it as an object that can be used to cut plants, while Chara see it as a weapon to murder others.

It's not even statistical amplification, let alone conceptual manipulation.

Yes, don't know why this person thought so..

However I would consider it so as even though it's the same thing Chara was still able to amplify it via that. However my knowledge on Statistical Amplification is very weak so

My memory of Undertale is rusty because I haven't played it in a while, but I always thought that weapons aren't powerful by themselves, they are powerful because their wielder is using Determination. So Chara probably has already stat amping included as Determination, now that I think about it.

Kaltias said:
My memory of Undertale is rusty because I haven't played it in a while, but I always thought that weapons aren't powerful by themselves, they are powerful because their wielder is using Determination.
This is the implication, yes.

I agree with Azzy.

However, Chara obviously has some degree of Conceptual Influence since they're a conceptual being, and thus can affect things on a conceptual level.

Chara also has Apathy or Empathic Immunity: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Apathy

Papyrus couldn't convince Chara to be good and Sans couldn't convince Chara to spare him (I just wanted to point that out). Also, every monster who was showing good emotions to Chara and even though they were trying to spare Chara, Chara immediately killed them w/o hesitation nor a change of expression at all. Chara also killed Flowey who convinced the Player to make Frisk murderous to eventually become Chara in the first place.

If Chara wasn't immune to emotions or suppress emotions, then they would of just hestiated a lot when killing the UT monsters.

Chara isn't a "she". Also, no. Even real life sociopaths can kill someone without any remorse

Kaltias said:
Chara isn't a "she". Also, no. Even real life sociopaths can kill someone without any remorse
More reasons why Chara has Empathic Immunity is b/c Chara can't switch this off to stop their killing intention and they were never negatively & mentally affected by killing the entire Underground.

Empathic Manipulation =/= Talking to someone and telling them "stop being violent"

Chara has shown no immunity (Or even resistance) to Empathic Manipulation

Lack of Remorse =/= Immunity to Empathic Manipulation, people in real life have shown no remorse for their actions, but that doesn't mean that Empathic Manipulation wouldn't work on them

Care to explain why this isn't related to "personality traits" in any way?: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Empathic_Manipulation

Chara is a bloodlusted psychopath. End of story, no superpower. Talking to a person and telling them "Hey guy, stop being so bad" isnt a power or ability.

Empathic manipulation is more related to what that little girl in Eragon had. And has nothing to do with Papyrus telling Chara to not be violent.

We already established the words =/= Empathic Manipulation part but according to the limitations of Empathy: Defenseless against beings that have no emotions, such as robots or users of Apathy.

May be easily possessed by Spirits and Ghosts,
as they are beings bound by emotions.´╗┐

There's nothing the game that saids nor shows Chara doesn't have any resistance to Empathic Manipulation in any way. It shouldn't really fair if the character needs to be stated in the game that they're immune or resistant to it since they already shown this resistance/immunity already in the game. If you don't agree w/ Empathic Immunity, then make it Empathic Resistance.

Matt has a good point about Chara having Conceptual Manipulation due to being a conceptual entity (I don't know if that's enough though)

I feel like embodying an abstract concept is not necessarily the same as having control over that concept. Like the Warp Gods (idk if this is a bad example, my knowledge of their nature comes from ITEHATTSD) are embodiments of change, fate, stagnation, pleasure and pain, love, honour, violence, etc, but they are all created by the thoughts and feelings of beings with souls - while they embody these things, they aren't in control of them, which was the emperor's whole thing in trying to stop them believing in gods to stop giving them power.

@Monarch

But....The Chaos Gods all have Conceptual Manipulation on their pages..... also my response to this thread as a whole:

Unknown
What is this? I Don't even....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back