• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Sans Law Manipulation... (Potential downgrade.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Save and Load proves the game mechanics are canon, Gerson supports this.
I've played the game dude. But like, do we auto-accept game mechanics and tampering with them as Law Manipulation generally?

Also, does this even count as Sans doing anything to the mechanic itself? It's sorta just acknowledging it exists and taking advantage.

But like, do we auto-accept game mechanics and tampering with them as Law Manipulation generally?
We kinda did in the CRT where I added the Limited Law Hax
Also, does this even count as Sans doing anything to the mechanic itself? It's sorta just acknowledging it exists and taking advantage.
He can also attack through the menu which is in my opinion makes it a limited Law Hax rather than Combat Applicable 4th Wall Breaking

If I have to pick one, I think that a Breaking of the 4th Wall is more accurate for the turn purpose. Acknowledging a game mechanic when it normally isn't there for anyone else to see may as well be acknowledging the 4th wall and exploiting it like @Adem_Warlock69 said. But I am neutral on this last one.

Last edited:
If I have to pick one, I think that a Breaking of the 4th Wall is more accurate for the turn purpose. Acknowledging a game mechanic when it normally isn't there for anyone else to see may as well be acknowledging the 4th wall and exploiting it like @Adem_Warlock69 said. But I am neutral on this last one.
Would it be "Combat Applicable 4th Wall Breaking"

What even happen to Sans matches now? Do they just.. get nuked or smth?
If arguments for Sans winning were founded upon these abilities, yes. Also going to update the last option of the OP since some sort of consensus seems to have been reached.

I don’t think verse equalization includes turn based combat
Why not? Undertale is pretty clear that you need FIGHT to actually battle...I think?
If arguments for Sans winning were founded upon these abilities, yes. Also going to update the last option of the OP since some sort of consensus seems to have been reached.
I am just gonna jump in also say Sans should Sans get Immortality Type 1, He states he will stand there for the end of time if he needed to

Let see toriel attacking flowey
Flowey no soul
and asgore
We were literally on the FIGHT mode...
, undyne chase
when she hits you go into FIGHT mode against the spears
, metaton cooking show,
the jetpack? thats obviously an expectation
Photoshop flowey,
flowey's ambush in true pacifist
We were literally on the FIGHT mode

Flowey no soul
How is that relevant
So, tori wasn’t there
when she hits you go into FIGHT mode against the spears
You go to the bullet board I am pretty sure the rest of the mode doesn’t show up
the jetpack? thats obviously an expectation
Oh so now there can be exceptions when it benefits your argument.
the bullet board is gone and only the act and fight button show up sometimes
and flowey wasn’t apart of it plus all the buttons disappeared before that point

How is that relevant
What do we see in the FIGHT mode? The SOUL.
So, tori wasn’t there
She was in the FIGHT mode.
You go to the bullet board I am pretty sure the rest of the mode doesn’t show up
Which means FIGHT still happens
Oh so now there can be exceptions when it benefits your argument.
Its a ******* flying jetpack combat. How tf is that not an expection.
the bullet board is gone and only the act and fight button show up sometimes
Not sometimes. FIGHT, ACT, SPACE, ITEMS is always there, after Flowey attack even our SOUL is visible
and flowey wasn’t apart of it plus all the buttons disappeared before that point
What?

"Sans is able to extend his turn indefinitely by not taking his turn, making the opponent unable to attack or act in any way. Creating a stalemate"

How about this?

"Sans is able to extend his turn indefinitely by not taking his turn, making the opponent unable to attack or act in any way. Creating a stalemate"

How about this?
Think it's a bit wordy, and to be fair Chara could still move around just not attack or use items so I'm not sure on the unable to act any way.
Breaking the Fourth Wall (Combat-applicable; description) is da way
This is a good idea.

Could they punch the ground? What about stuff like shooting fire around? Like do they just freeze or just not attack Sans? Would Luffy use a similar strategy like the one against Enel?

So it's more like the opponent can't directly attack Sans?
I think if Sans doesn't stop them it's at least certain that they can probably scram or walk out of his range lmao The only way I can explain that situation is that he's putting Chara back into place so they don't just walk past him without attacking.
What about "unable to attack, use items and it causes them to not be able to use Social Influening or Information Analysis"
Breaking the Fourth Wall (Combat-applicable; by not taking his turn, Sans indefinitely extends it. The enemy cannot attack, use items or abilities such as Information Analysis and Social Influencing.)
Combined Adem's suggestion with your wording. Think this works?

Last edited:
Okay I think 1 staff is enough for this tbh, its not really controversial and is actually a pretty minor thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back