• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chainsaw Man discussion thread

Alright guys so I was looking over potential ways to upgrade the verses speed when I took a closer look at how the Gun Devil's MHS+ feat worked
And... it turns out this might be way easier than we thought

Makima was able to activate her ability IN THE MITST of the Gun Devil's fire, meaning she would have had to react to some degree to it

That along with Makima and other Horsemen supposedly being above the Gun Devil verbatim suggest to me that this could be grounds for a full MHS+ upgrade

What do you guys think?

I'm pretty sure her current speed would allow to react at that distance, but also I wouldn't be opposed to her scaling to Gun Devil's speed by upscaling in overall power. She never really needed to react in snap movements, since she was never really in much danger from the Gun Devil, had had the fight planned and prepped far in advance, and had it pretty much totally stacked in her favor, with her ~125 million stock of extra lives being only one of her trump cards

I'm pretty sure her current speed would allow to react at that distance, but also I wouldn't be opposed to her scaling to Gun Devil's speed by upscaling in overall power. She never really needed to react in snap movements, since she was never really in much danger from the Gun Devil, had had the fight planned and prepped far in advance, and had it pretty much totally stacked in her favor
The point is she was able to activate her ability in the middle of gunfire that was already there, not 500 km away

It says prepares to activate, she only activated it after her head was blown through.
Yeah she prepares for it in the midst of gunfire, this still implies some level of reaction
Plus she doesn't care if she dies because she knows shell be fine, her getting hit doesn't refute the above point

Yeah she prepares for it in the midst of gunfire, this still implies some level of reaction
Plus she doesn't care if she dies because she knows shell be fine, her getting hit doesn't refute the above point
Reaction would need her action to take place before the projectile reaches her.

She sighted it and wanted to activate it, Gun Devil had already shot through her then she activates it.
Thats just getting blitzed

Reaction would need her action to take place before the projectile reaches her.

She sighted it and wanted to activate it, Gun Devil had already shot through her then she activates it.
Thats just getting blitzed
The "action" is her preparing her ability (The chains) which once again she did in the midst of gunfire
She does not care if she dies because once again she is immortal

The "action" is her preparing her ability (The chains) which once again she did in the midst of gunfire
She does not care if she dies because once again she is immortal
Doesn't matter if she's immortal or not, she did not activate the ability before the projectile reached her, she only prepared on sight of the Gun Devil when it stopped

She is not scaling to it

Doesn't matter if she's immortal or not, she did not activate the ability before the projectile reached her, she only prepared on sight of the Gun Devil when it stopped

She is not scaling to it
Except she did
She prepared her ability (The chains) in the midst of gunfire
That is literally what the entire panel is trying to show

Except she did
She prepared her ability (The chains) in the midst of gunfire
That is literally what the entire panel is trying to show
Yeah, but the Gun Fire had already passed her by the time she "prepared" to activate her ability

She failed to do both the preparation for activation and activation before the bullets reached her location and considering the distance of 500km, that just show's relatively far slower

You know denji eating makima makes me wonder.

would it be interesting if denji could get the powers of whatever devil he eats?

although he can only have one devil power at a time to compensate it from being too OP.

Ch 123 spoilers:
The primordial who came isn't death but the "falling devil" her ability lets her make people fall towards the sky based on how much their hearts sink from facing trauma. ( also forces them to kill themselves by falling )

The bit about the caretaker killing Asa's cat because everyone has to be miserable after losing their families was ******.

I gotta know if I'm reading this wrong, but why is the Gun devil given hundreds of km for range when his range is stated to be 1km and Makima can see him from 500km away?

The 1 km thing is just for the passive head/heart shot thing based on month of birth. His actual attacks traveled through the stated 500km distance Makima was watching him from.

New chapter is out.
Falling Devil is more interested in her cooking rather than anything else and said humanity lacks any mean to kill her for good and showed what seems like high-mid regen.

Denji or fakesawman (betting on the latter) appears later to fight her after sneaking up on her and his regen seems much better, shrugging off having parts of his body including his head chopped.

New chapter is out.
Falling Devil is more interested in her cooking rather than anything else and said humanity lacks any mean to kill her for good and showed what seems like high-mid regen.

Denji or fakesawman (betting on the latter) appears later to fight her after sneaking up on her and his regen seems much better, shrugging off having parts of his body including his head chopped.
Oh yea, I forgot about the fakesawman. I thought it was kinda weird that Denji chose to try to eat the Falling Devil, considering that this isn't usually Denji's fighting style. The only time I remember him eating devils was when he fought the Eternity Devil and ate its blood to rejuvenate himself. So yea, it could very well be the fake Chainsaw Man. Wonder what he plans to accomplish by eating Falling Devil, cuz I assume his power won't allow him to erase the devils he consumes the same way Pochita can.

Chapter 126 just came out and I gotta ask... Should Denji get mental resistance for destroying his brain whenever a Devil tries to invade his mind...?

Chapter 126 just came out and I gotta ask... Should Denji get mental resistance for destroying his brain whenever a Devil tries to invade his mind...?
I don't think so, that would be like saying a character resists poison because they chopped off a poisoned limb and regenerated before it could spread.

I don't think so, that would be like saying a character resists poison because they chopped off a poisoned limb and regenerated before it could spread.
Denji was affected by the Falling Devil's mind fuckery tho, so like, it had already begun to spread by the time he chopped himself up.

Denji was affected by the Falling Devil's mind fuckery tho, so like, it had already begun to spread by the time he chopped himself up.

24455764_0.jpg

Well, the poison analogy wasn't the best, but unlike poison mind hax won't spread out of your brain. Getting rid of it by getting rid of your brain isn't exactly resisting as much as being a countermeasure to avoid it. At best i can see it being mentioned as instinctive reaction (can destroy his brain while under mindhax to snap put of it.)

24455764_0.jpg

Well, the poison analogy wasn't the best, but unlike poison mind hax won't spread out of your brain. Getting rid of it by getting rid of your brain isn't exactly resisting as much as being a countermeasure to avoid it. At best i can see it being mentioned as instinctive reaction (can destroy his brain while under mindhax to snap put of it.)
I guess it'd probably fall more so under Instinctive Action, yeah.

I agree, it's not really a resistance, just a countermeasure he has the luxury of using due to his regeneration. Though I'm curious whether he'd gain some sort of instinctive action or something since he could still operate and fight without some of his brain functionality.

But so much for the theory of it being the fake Chainsaw Man who appeared.

Last edited:
New chapter is wild.
Being teleported by Falling Devil will make you be gored by a weird chef devil.

Denji managed to stick his head back after decapitation without needing blood, further showing off his body's ability to function for some moments without a brain.

Dude really wanted to take Asa's Ass back with him, lmao. (Falling Devil got more bakery than Makima tho.)

Chainsawman gets helped by fakesawman

You guys think the world would be better if Pochita ate the Falling Devil, or would it just create more problems? It feels weird to imagine the absence of falling. Overall, I think it would make the world better. Like, eliminating the falling devil wouldn't eliminate the concept of height or anything. You'd still be able to move things around, it'd just be more orderly, and you wouldn't have to worry about any suicide jumpers or a misstep getting your neck snapped. What do you guys think?

Depends on how the universe interprets ausence of falling, ig. If it's something like you can't go down unless you are digging, diving or manually going down a staircase or ladder it would be incovenient but more or less helpful in terms of avoiding death and injury. If it's something more abstract like heights getting eliminated then we effed.

Also, would be hella cool if Denji could wield his decapitated head as a weapon, like grab the wires connecting his head to his neck and swing his chainsaw head around like a long range flail. Practical, no. Cool, hell yes.

Back