• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

The way he spoke about Michael gave a slight implication that he had passed...but perhaps Erebus could find a subtle joy in the good memories. "Tell me about him..." Saffi said.
"He was a good friend.... and a great leader. Back then.... I was still a art of a mercenary group called "Snow Hounds". At first, we all didn't get along well, we didn't knew how to share our feelings... sort of what the others are doing at the moment. One time, after our fight, Michael asked me about my dream and what do I want to be once this is all over." Erebus reminisced, speaking in a slower tone, as he found a slightest bit of hope. "I didn't know what to answer at that time, but he told me that....
Maybe you'll find your dream one day, Erebus....
And today, I'm still finding it....." he said, looking up in the sky.

Jeanne laid on her bed with her armor still on, breathing in and out slowly as the scorching pain within her body persisted. She trembled on the sheets of the bed, her sweat seeping into the material and wetting it. With a shaky breath, Jeanne began to sit up, sitting at the edge of the bed with still trembling legs.

"Calm... down." She thought to herself, gently pressing her hand against her armored chest.

"I shouldn't... have lashed out like that. That was... inappropriate." She muttered, beginning to slowly stand up.

"I... should apologize..." Jeanne said, taking in a large influx of air, before swiftly releasing it in a huge torrent of oxygen. She'd no right to yell at Shalor like that. No right to treat Siglos in such a way while he was going through so much pain. She had to be mature about this, she couldn't let her own personal problems overshadow her duty to help others.

Yet...

"Agh... Hg... Dang it... Dang it...!" Jeanne gripped her right arm tightly, wincing in agony. It never stopped. Whenever she attempted to move forward or make a stand, it always came back to scorch her from the inside out, to burn her. Jeanne bit her lower lip tightly, enough to nearly tear the skin as she began attempting to endure the pain, unwilling to continue letting it control her actions. She gripped her arm tighter and focused her mind, concentrating with all her might.

"Haaaaaaaaaaaaa....." Letting out a deep breath, Jeanne could begin to feel the pain settling itself. Her body continued to tremble, yet, the pain was receding at her will, the ever-lasting burning from within her body and soul moving in accordance with her will. Although, it didn't completely disappear, it became... manageable. Somewhat. Jeanne tightened her chest, looking down.

"Maybe we should... get some practice in to clear our head... Before we leave..." She thought to herself, glancing at her sword, which was still tightly contained within its sheath. She swiftly picked it up and unsheathed the blade, holding it with both hands tightly, her stance ironclad. She focused her attention away from the pain within her body or her desire to apologize, and simply began... focusing on herself. How she breathed, how she twitched and trembled... all of it.

And she began swinging.

Jeanne's swings sliced through the air in front of her, a torrent of wind surrounding the enchanted steel of her blade. Her stance was ironclad, devoid of any real openings for attack, but it contained immense efficiency and grace, the girl getting the most effect out of her minimal movements. Even if someone who possessed no real knowledge on combat were to watch Jeanne train, they would be able to tell that the girl's swordsmanship was exceptional in every way imaginable, from the way she held the blade, to how she swung it. Years of hard work and dedication since childhood had been poured into that blade, and had led it into a realm that left most professional soldiers with years of lethal combat experience in the dust.

Jeanne could feel herself gradually calm down as she swung her blade, the act of sharpening her skills inducing a sensation that she may liken to... therapeutic. With each swing of her blade, the girl's swings became more precise, sharper. As she focused and calmed herself, she identified flaws in her stance, her breathing, her center of gravity, and swiftly improved upon them. With a sharp, but precise, twist of her waist, she sliced through the air in front of her, the tip of her sword gracefully slicing through the dust particles she'd picked up, as if scraping the surface of an ocean.

"Ha... Ha..." Jeanne let out controlled breaths, leaning down a bit. Her skills were... childlike, in comparison to the strength of someone such as Sylvia, Cain, or Kargath. In fact, she severely doubted that even with the ability she'd cultivated throughout her years, she'd even last a second with either of them in a real fight. Even with all the improvement she could do in such a short amount of time, people like them were in a realm where her skills could be considered trivial.

And yet, even with this knowledge... It calmed her. The very act of swinging a sword, sharpening herself, tempering herself, that is. With each swing of her blade through the air, she felt a small weight being lifted from her chest, as if she was shaving away a large lump of steel that weighed itself onto her heart. Such a single-minded task, and yet, it calmed her down like nothing had ever calmed her before... Given her peace of mind. She wanted to keep swinging her sword, to ignore her obligations to her comrades, to... to keep single-mindedly devoting herself to the one thing that, at the time, gave her joy.

"No... No No..." Jeanne breathed out, beginning to sheathe her sword. She refused to forsake herself, her obligation, unwilling to focus only on herself at the time. "I should... get some fresh air. And then go apologize to Shalor..."

Slowly, Jeanne mounted her blade to her side, taking in a sharp influx of air. Once she had, she released a somber, disappointed breath, her muscles tightening and relaxing in perfect harmony. Gently, she placed her hand on the door, before gently opening it, not making even a peep as she clearly did not want to create anymore... disturbances within the inn. Once again, without making a noise, she moved down the stairs of the inn, trekking through the lobby and exiting the building all-together. She took a single look at Siglos and Sylvia cuddling outside of the inn, noting the... apparent uncomfortableness of the citizens who watched, before simply shaking her head, ignoring it all-together as she explored the City of Aegis.

"How can you?" Shalor asked, interested in the offer
"Well, I have a good affinity for sensing magic and Qi, so I can potentially tell what spell one could cast, the two problems is that it's not perfect, so it's a double edged sword, and the second is that I can't see the exact history of this magic, item or its user, so I can't say how it works" Noah said

"But I guess we can make up for it through the saying, two minds are better than one."

"Well, I have a good affinity for sensing magic and Qi, so I can potentially tell what spell one could cast, the two problems is that it's not perfect, so it's a double edged sword, and the second is that I can't see the exact history of this magic, item or its user, so I can't say how it works" Noah said

"But I guess we can make up for it through the saying, two minds are better than one."
"Yeah... here you go..." Shalor murmured, the chains going to Noah a bit

Chim is somewhat surprised people besides himself and the receptionist are still up but unless his ears are deceiving him that is the case. He is getting bored of solitaire and card towers already and currently gave up on card tricks. Chim's body, now an invisible dwarven form appears in front of Khedruki's doorway and explores the halls.

Jeanne traveled around Aegis, making sure that she kept herself scarce within the crowds that walked the night.

It was... an amazing city, to say the least. Jeanne was human, so, she couldn't even begin to comprehend the immense mystical intricacies of even merely the ground she was standing on, but, even she could tell that Aegis was a haven for practitioners of mysticism. Each engraving on the ground beneath her had history dating thousands of years back, history that she could feel with each step that she took. Jeanne chuckled, thinking of Saffi's reaction to such immense mystical prowess engraved into the city itself.

As Jeanne walked, to her immense surprise, the burning pain had stopped all-together. This walk throughout the city was serving to calm her significantly. The pristine air, the interesting historical engravings along the enchanted cobblestone, it all made Jeanne feel weirdly at peace. It made her feel like she could simply allow herself to be absorbed in the beauty of the city, easing her nerves significantly as she walked.

And this would have persisted, had Jeanne not been stopped in her tracks as she walked, people beginning to spread out to the edges of the road she was walking on. Jeanne's eyes widened and her heartrate quickened as she tried to figure out why the people were moving so rapidly, "U-Um, E-Excuse me-!?"

Jeanne's voice was simply drowned out by the overwhelming sound of whispers and footsteps, prompting the young knight to take a different approach. She began moving along with the crowd, making her presence thin as she migrated to the edge of the streets with the rest of the populace. Jeanne shook her head in slight irritation... Why were they thinning away from the streets? She could only deduce that they were making a path for somebody, but, who? "Perhaps some noble..."

As the people of Aegis tried to continue on with their business at the edges of the streets, doing their best not to make contact with whatever was coming, Jeanne watched diligently, curiosity beginning to overtake her on who was coming down the streets. She was well aware that Everian governments possessed Noblemen and Royals, Humans had those to, and yet, she'd never truly seen an Everian noble with her own eyes. In truth, she'd never even seen a Human noble with her own eyes, her small, insignificant social standing along with the... unruly, partially discriminatory societal standing of woman in her country, never giving her the luxury of seeing someone of such power.

Just as Jeanne was letting her curiosity consume her mind, the person she was looking for began to march down the streets...

Immediately upon seeing them, Jeanne could feel the pride infused in each of their steps. White hair, deep, oceanic eyes, and pointed ears like blades, they bore a thick white cloak with a fur collar, their heels clicking against the engraved ground beneath... Their frame was indeed petite, in fact, they appeared to be... quite young. Quite possibly only a few years above Jeanne's age? Regardless, Jeanne could feel it from her position.

This woman, whoever she was, was powerful. That was the only thing that came to mind when Jeanne witnessed her crystal-like eyes light up the surrounding area with fervor.

She wasn't remotely comparable to someone like Velen, who was an Archmage among Archmages, a practical Deity of Mysticism, but, even if she wasn't on that level, Jeanne was easily able to deduce the woman's strength. The way that she breathed and walked, the way that she carried herself in general, made it abundantly obvious that outside of mere title, that the depth of the woman's experience went far beyond what her physical appearance portrayed. At her side stood a tall Everian man with blonde hair and green eyes, from what she could tell, but, otherwise, she couldn't really make out his physical features due to his appearance supposedly being obscured through some sort of... Magic? Jeanne couldn't tell.

What really worried Jeanne though, was... the woman's stare.

She was staring at Jeanne.

Why was she staring at Jeanne? Why couldn't Jeanne move?

What had she done? She... She didn't think she'd done anything to disrespect the woman. In fact, it wasn't possible that she could've. Jeanne had just seen the woman, and they were still dozens of yards away from each other. Jeanne couldn't have possibly done anything that would've made her feel disrespect, and yet... She was being glared at from afar as the woman walked. Eventually, the woman did look away, but... That eerie feeling permeated her body, causing her to shiver.

Jeanne made an effort to escape the crowd once the woman had passed through the streets with her companion, breathing heavily. Anxiety and nervousness had nearly consumed her chest, the Everian Noblewoman's glare making her feel, contrary to what she usually felt, cold on the inside, hindering her movements significantly. For the moment, Jeanne felt as if every cell in her body had been paralyzed completely, but that didn't matter now, Jeanne simply making her way back to the inn.

Meanwhile...

"Hey, Cornelius..." As the woman trekked across the streets of Aegis, her hair waving in the wind, she addressed her companion.

"Yeah?" Her companion responded with haste, looking down at her due to the... rather significant height difference.

"That human. You saw her, yeah?" The woman asked, her breath seemingly... freezing the air in front of her.

"Not particularly. I don't pay attention to the randos that catch your fancy. Spent to many centuries doing that." He responded, letting out a sigh.

"Hold your tongue... Haa... Anyway, keep tabs on her, Cornelius. And whoever she may call an ally." The woman ordered, breathing out.

"Seeing the future again, I see. Why's she important?" The man asked.

"She isn't, and this isn't a premonition. I don't have enough mana for that right now..." The woman said, "Simply... keep tabs on her. She interests me."

The man shrugged, "Sure. You owe me extra forge time for this, though."

"You can use my forge, yes.. Just don't go overboard." The woman said, crossing her arms in agitation.

"Go overboard, got it." The man said, leaning back.

"I swear to Ophelius, you..."

The Everian man and woman walked off into the streets of Aegis, their whereabouts after the fact... largely unknown.

Jeanne hurried back to the inn posthaste, a shudder running down her spine. She made sure to move up the stairs with efficiency and grace as to not make to much noise while moving, not wishing to disturb her friends and the other residents. Jeanne made a swift attempt to return to her room, before stopping, realizing that she had also yet to apologize to Shalor, momentarily stopping in the hall to think.

"He was a good friend.... and a great leader. Back then.... I was still a art of a mercenary group called "Snow Hounds". At first, we all didn't get along well, we didn't knew how to share our feelings... sort of what the others are doing at the moment. One time, after our fight, Michael asked me about my dream and what do I want to be once this is all over." Erebus reminisced, speaking in a slower tone, as he found a slightest bit of hope. "I didn't know what to answer at that time, but he told me that....
Maybe you'll find your dream one day, Erebus....
And today, I'm still finding it....." he said, looking up in the sky.
"Well...perhaps that's the issue. You've spent so much time trying to find it...maybe try letting it find you." She smiled towards Erebus.

Siglos’s ears twitched as he slept, the Everian squirming visibly in his sleep.

“…h….hnk…” a young boy gagged for air, his hands scratching desperately at his throat. In front of him, stood an older man, a soft smile on his face. He simply stared at the boy his, face picturesque, flawless. Slowly, he held up a large, glass dinner plate, or what remained of it. A large, ugly gash spread across its perfect surface.

“…Was this your doing, Darius?” The man said. His voice was calm, and quiet, the silence that came from the eye of a tornado, moments before it enveloped a city.

“…hn….hn….” The boy choked, his words incomprehensible as he desperately tried to intake air.

The man simply sighed, feigning more exasperation than he truly felt. He knew his son had broken it, the sensory magic he had spread across every inch of their manor having long since picked up his every movement. His expression shifted to a small, almost bored frown, his perfect expression breaking for the briefest of moments. It quickly disappeared, replaced with the same, soft smile he wore anytime he talked.

“…I’m worried about you, Darius. You’ve gotten more and more….” The man said. He took a step forward, placing it on the boy's arm.

“Clumsy….” He said quietly.

“…….” The boy said nothing, his expression contorted into one of pure terror. Stars danced in his vision, the young Everian quickly growing lightheaded. Just as he felt like he may collapse…air returned to his lungs, flooding into his body and saving his fading consciousness. The boy immediately collapsed, several, ragged gasps escaping his lips.

“…Tomorrow, you will organize every plate in the house. Make sure to ready yourself before then.” He said. Gingerly, the man ruffled the boy's hair, before slowly walking out of the room, leaving the small Everian to writhe and gasp on the ground.

Siglos’s awoke with a start, the Everian taking a deep, ragged breath. For a brief moment, he panicked, before slowly glancing around the street.

“...He’s…he’s…not here…” Siglos thought. Trembling violently, he glanced up at Sylvia, staring at the large Rakshashin as she slept. He breathed out, shaking his head.

“It…was...just…just a dream…” Siglos thought. Quietly, he pressed himself into Sylvia again, hoping he hadn’t woken her.

"...The...last thing...she needs, is...to deal with my....nightmares..." Siglos thought. He remained pressed against Sylvia, his eyes cautiously scanning the street.

Siglos’s ears twitched as he slept, the Everian squirming visibly in his sleep.

“…h….hnk…” a young boy gagged for air, his hands scratching desperately at his throat. In front of him, stood an older man, a soft smile on his face. He simply stared at the boy his, face picturesque, flawless. Slowly, he held up a large, glass dinner plate, or what remained of it. A large, ugly gash spread across its perfect surface.

“…Was this your doing, Darius?” The man said. His voice was calm, and quiet, the silence that came from the eye of a tornado, moments before it enveloped a city.

“…hn….hn….” The boy choked, his words incomprehensible as he desperately tried to intake air.

The man simply sighed, feigning more exasperation than he truly felt. He knew his son had broken it, the sensory magic he had spread across every inch of their manor having long since picked up his every movement. His expression shifted to a small, almost bored frown, his perfect expression breaking for the briefest of moments. It quickly disappeared, replaced with the same, soft smile he wore anytime he talked.

“…I’m worried about you, Darius. You’ve gotten more and more….” The man said. He took a step forward, placing it on the boy's arm.

“Clumsy….” He said quietly.

“…….” The boy said nothing, his expression contorted into one of pure terror. Stars danced in his vision, the young Everian quickly growing lightheaded. Just as he felt like he may collapse…air returned to his lungs, flooding into his body and saving his fading consciousness. The boy immediately collapsed, several, ragged gasps escaping his lips.

“…Tomorrow, you will organize every plate in the house. Make sure to ready yourself before then.” He said. Gingerly, the man ruffled the boy's hair, before slowly walking out of the room, leaving the small Everian to writhe and gasp on the ground.

Siglos’s awoke with a start, the Everian taking a deep, ragged breath. For a brief moment, he panicked, before slowly glancing around the street.

“...He’s…he’s…not here…” Siglos thought. Trembling violently, he glanced up at Sylvia, staring at the large Rakshashin as she slept. He breathed out, shaking his head.

“It…was...just…just a dream…” Siglos thought. Quietly, he pressed himself into Sylvia again, hoping he hadn’t woken her.

"...The...last thing...she needs, is...to deal with my....nightmares..." Siglos thought. He remained pressed against Sylvia, his eyes cautiously scanning the street.
Siglos's pressing seemed to agitate her in her sleep, but, it hadn't awoken her, it seemed.

"Mgr... gr..." She softly snored, her snoring far less... loud, in comparison to times past. In fact it was more so akin to purring one would hear come from a small kitten, a far from apt description of Sylvia herself.

Siglos's pressing seemed to agitate her in her sleep, but, it hadn't awoken her, it seemed.

"Mgr... gr..." She softly snored, her snoring far less... loud, in comparison to times past. In fact it was more so akin to purring one would hear come from a small kitten, a far from apt description of Sylvia herself.
Siglos gingerly looked up at Sylvia, listening to the soft purr that came from her throat. For a few moments, he simply watched her, before a soft, shaky smile appeared across his face, a soft chuckle escaping his lips. Gingerly, he shifted his head, placing a quick, soft kiss on her arm.

"...I-I love you..." he muttered quietly. He couldn't fall asleep, the Everian's anxiety keeping him awake yet...the trembling in his body slowed, slightly, the woman's presence easing his mind.

Last edited:
Siglos gingerly looked up at Sylvia, listening to the soft purr that came from her throat. For a few moments, he simply watched her, before a soft, shaky smile appeared across his face, a soft chuckle escaping his lips. Gingerly, he shifted his head, placing a quick, soft kiss on her arm.

"...I-I love you..." he muttered quietly. He couldn't fall asleep, the Everian's anxiety keeping him awake yet...the trembling in his body slowed, slightly, the woman's presence easing his mind.
As Siglos kissed her arm, Sylvia curled up into a ball, her purring intensifying for a short moment. Her muscles tensed up, each adamantine fiber outlining itself through her sweater as she purred erratically.

Shalor breathed out heavily in relief, practically pulling her into his room and setting her down on a chair
She let Shalor take her to his room

"you are very gentleman, Shalor" Noah said with a Smiled

"well now that we have a better understanding of how great the magic of this is, we can understand that due to this gigantic power, you can only use facets of it" The dragoness began to explain her theory.

"This is probably because human bodies cannot generate magic on their own, therefore they have to adapt the body first to be able to use more magic and create new variants" she said as she looked at the other

As Siglos kissed her arm, Sylvia curled up into a ball, her purring intensifying for a short moment. Her muscles tensed up, each adamantine fiber outlining itself through her sweater as she purred erratically.
A blush spread across Siglos’s face; his eyes widened slightly as he saw her reaction. His gaze lingered on her sweater, the Everian’s blush deepening as he saw her muscular frame.

“…what would happen…if I did it…again…?” Siglos thought. His curiosity getting the best of him, he quickly glanced around at the street, before leaning forward, pressing a kiss against her thigh.

She let Shalor take her to his room

"you are very gentleman, Shalor" Noah said with a Smiled

"well now that we have a better understanding of how great the magic of this is, we can understand that due to this gigantic power, you can only use facets of it" The dragoness began to explain her theory.

"This is probably because human bodies cannot generate magic on their own, therefore they have to adapt the body first to be able to use more magic and create new variants" she said as she looked at the other
"I'm really not... I'm just worried. Anyone you know we can have kook at it...?" Shalor asked, the markings on his torso glowing through his shirt brighter

A blush spread across Siglos’s face; his eyes widened slightly as he saw her reaction. His gaze lingered on her sweater, the Everian’s blush deepening as he saw her muscular frame.

“…what would happen…if I did it…again…?” Siglos thought. His curiosity getting the best of him, he quickly glanced around at the street, before leaning forward, pressing a kiss against her thigh.
Sylvia's calf and thigh tightened as Siglos did this, the woman's purring intensifying into soft growls, her body vibrating in tandem. She had become less akin to a kitten and more akin to a slumbering tigress..

Sylvia's calf and thigh tightened as Siglos did this, the woman's purring intensifying into soft growls, her body vibrating in tandem. She had become less akin to a kitten and more akin to a slumbering tigress..
Siglos stared at Sylvia, feeling her muscles clench in response to his kiss. He leaned in for a bit, contemplating kissing her a third time, before slowly shaking his head.

“…I-I shouldn’t m-mess w-with h-her…t-too much.” Siglos muttered to himself, chuckling softly. Gingerly, he rested his head against her clenched thigh, comforted by the soft vibrations of her body.

Back