• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can Fairy Tail's Cobra survive Murasame's One-Hit-Kill poison??

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in the Fairy Tail verse, <<Insert Title Here>> Slayers are resistant to, and sometimes even immune to, the element that they control....most of the time.

So that begs the question, If Erik, aka Cobra, was slashed by Akame's Teigu Murasame, which is notorious for being a "One-Hit-Killer" due to injecting a poison which has no antidote nto the victims circulatory system, will Erik be able to survive?? Or will it be like the time Natsu couldn't consume Zancrow's God Flames because they were supposedly of a higher order, and the poison ends up killing him??

Also, IF he survives, will he get Murasame's one-hit-kill property into his own attacks?? like the time Natsu gained the ability to use the God Flame temporarily, when he DID manage to consume it, or like how consuming Jellal's Flame of Rebuke managed to allow Natsu to access Dragon Force

TL;DR will he be able to survive being hit by a poison which has NO antidote, and if he does, will that attribute of poison be his to control as well?

Yes, Cobra should be able to eat it. His ability is to eat poison, so even if this one has no antidote, he should still be able to eat it because it's poison, just like how Natsu can eat Zancrow's flames because they're still fire. His ability isn't to only be able to eat poision that has an antidote lol.

To answer your second question, yes, he'll temporarily gain the attributes of the poision, like how Natsu temporarly gained Zancrow's flames and Loke's(filler arc) black fire.

I'm pretty sure Murasame inflicts a curse rather than simply being a poison hence the black markings that spread over the victim's body and then dissappears when they die.

Heatforce said:
I'm pretty sure Murasame inflicts a curse rather than simply being a poison hence the black markings that spread over the victim's body and then dissappears when they die.
But that still begs the question. Will Erik survive? I mean Natsu was able to consume Jackal's Explosion Curse, which as the name implies, is a curse as well. So will the same logic apply to Erik surviving a curse which happens to contain the element he wields, and is immune to

Two different types of curses, Jackal had a curse which can explode anything, which still falls under explosion manipulation rather than curse manipulation. And Natsu wasn't eating the curse itself but the fire from it's explosions.

But that still begs the question. Will Erik survive? I mean Natsu was able to consume Jackal's Explosion Curse, which as the name implies, is a curse as well. So will the same logic apply to Erik surviving a curse which happens to contain the element he wields, and is immune to

And no Dragon Slayer is immune to the element they control, they're just resistant.

EDIT: Ah sorry I didn't realize you were only referring to Cobra being immune to his own element. x.x sorry it's late.

Wait, if it's being injected directly into the blood stream doesn't that make it venom and not poison?? That aside though, it all depends, if the sword actually does inject a poison *cough*venom*cough* then it may be possible that Cobra can eat it, but if it doesn't actually use a poison and instead just curses the individual to die then Cobra shouldn't be able to consume it

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Two different types of curses, Jackal had a curse which can explode anything, which still falls under explosion manipulation rather than curse manipulation. And Natsu wasn't eating the curse itself but the fire from it's explosions.
Huh, but the Tartaros Guild Members are listed as Curse Manipulators on this wikia itself. Also yeah Natsu ate the Explosion, but by consuming what he could, he neutralized the effects of the curse. Similarly, couldn't Cobra neutralize the curse by rendering its poison useless? He is after all listed to be immune to poison. It's basically a matter of fact of whether he can consume it or not.

And no Dragon Slayer is immune to the element they control, they're just resistant.

EDIT: Ah sorry I didn't realize you were only referring to Cobra being immune to his own element. x.x sorry it's late.

No worries. It is true though. I checked up on most of the Dragon Slayers and it says "Resistance". Such as Natsu being Resistant to Flames and Gray (though he is Demon Slayer) being Resistant to Ice and Cold. But for Erik, they were very particular when they said he is Poison Immune.

Since Cobra can produce poison himself and he can consume it which means poison enters inside his body, i don't think he would be affected by poison from the curse that simple enters in his body Thou, this is impossible to answer. Mirajane on the other side can resist it since she as Satan soul has actually immunity on poison.

A6colute said:
Her curse killing not a body but a "life force".

I don't think that usual poison resist/immun will be work there.
Happens once only and is considered special case it's not like it was ever said before she was killing life force but it was always shown as poison that reaches the heart so, honestly using that one special case looks wrong to me, thou again if we do considered like that for every of her kills then it's obvious she can kill anyone considering that would not be poison anymore.

A6colute said:
Her curse killing not a body but a "life force".

I don't think that usual poison resist/immun will be work there.
But as long as it is poisonous, Erik should be able to consume it. And previously Natsu has been shown to consume Fire which is beyond his level, like God Fire or Black Fire. So I assume Erik can do the same. And I don't know about the "killing life force" thing, sorry. Throughout the series we learn that it is a poisoned/cursed blade which inject a poison at the site of injury, slowly making it's way through the circulatory system, till it hits the heart. The official wiki even confirms this. So the "life force thing" could have been a figure of speech for all I know.

http://akamegakill.wikia.com/wiki/Murasame

So the "life force thing" could have been a figure of speech for all I know.

No.

Tatsumi has two "life force" in his body.

After Murasame's hit only one "life force" was dead. Another "life force" is alive. And body is alive too.

Going by that this thread can be closed since poison immunity has nothing to do with this anymore.

I still don't agree with the interpretation of the whole "Murasame affects one's life force" thing since it's a last-second plot device they pulled out of nowhere just to save Tatsumi when every other occasion interacts with the heart.

Also hurting life force is that like hurting a soul?

Soul/mind/consciousness. An author didn't provide a proper explanation.

All that we know - in Tatsumi's body were two minds/life forces (Tatsumi's and Tyrant's). And only Tyrant's was killed by Murasame.

when every other occasion interacts with the heart.

As I said before - whole thing with affecting the heart maybe just some sort of trigger for curse's activation.

I'd rather not make this an argument, but I don't think we should rely on headcanons and a single feat contradictory to all the others to determine its ability.

but I don't think we should rely on headcanons

It's not a headcanon. In the last chapter was stated that Akame's body had damaged by a curse. Not poison, but curse.

Let's end this quick, I'll leave this thread open for a day longer. Vote Yes if you think he will survive, or No if not. At the end I will count the votes and close this thread

Well , Akame's body was hurt by curse since she used the curse on her self to power up, but why would her body get hurt if the curse takes away the life force...

Code:
all the others to determine its ability.
Most of them even don't understand how Teigus work.

Only two characters know how works Murasame. It's Akame. And that man with Perfector.

And they said that Murasame uses curse, not poison.

Well , Akame's body was hurt by curse since she used the curse on her self to power up, but why would her body get hurt if the curse takes away the life force...

An author didn't give us any details. Maybe in next manga...

For me it's just plot device as reppuzan said cause:

1. No explanation

2. Diffrent from what is previously showed.

For me it's just plot device as reppuzan said cause:

Plot device with Tatsumi an Tyrant.

Plot device with Akame's body.

Okay, let's named a "plot device" everything, that we don't like/accept.

2. Diffrent from what is previously showed.

This is not a different. It's a curse that looks like a poison. That's all.

@A6colute

It is different.

Every single time, Murasame has been shown to be lethal to the ones involved due to the poison effect unless the target is dead or mechanical.

Then suddenly at the end, Akame goes, "oh yeah, I just targeted the Tyrant's life force" with no explanation whatsover aside from "Akame's just that good of a killer."

1.Plot device refers only on Akame killing the life force of tyrant and nothing else there is no need to exaggerate now.

2. Previously it was shown the curse reaches the heart and kills the person probably by injecting poison inside it.

1.Plot device refers only on Akame killing the life force of tyrant and nothing else there is no need to exaggerate now.

I'm talking about curse, not about killing life force thing.

Murasame's ability uses curse. Therefore poison resist/immun is useless. That's all.

2. Previously it was shown the curse reaches the heart and kills the person probably by injecting poison inside it.

probably

Every single time, Murasame has been shown to be lethal to the ones involved due to the poison effect unless the target is dead or mechanical.

Every single time Akame attacked targets with one soul/mind/life force/etc.

@A6colute

Prove it. Bring up scans of Murasame interacting with anything but the heart outside of that one Tyrant Tatsumi scene.

1. A curse that injects poison and curse that decreases and eventually eliminates life force of target are completly different.

2. If the curse brings poison that is the only explanation.

Bring up scans of Murasame interacting with anything but the heart outside of that one Tyrant Tatsumi scene.

It's impossible because in all other cases Akame attacked targets with one soul/mind/life force/etc.

2. If the curse brings poison that is the only explanation.

No.

- the curse, that stops the heart

- the curse, that stops live processes within body

- etc

Moreover how a curse can "inject" a poison?

@A6colute

If it affected life force it would have worked on Yatsufusa's zombies or Hekatonkheires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back