• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Caleb VS Master Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
New profile in town looking to take on an established badass. Let's see how this goes.

Rules

• Random encounter.
  • Speed is equalized.
  • Chief's weapons are capped at High 8-C
  • All of Caleb's weapons and items are allowed.
  • Battle takes place here.
  • Winner by death or incapacitation.
  • No one-dimensional reasoning.
Vote Count

• Caleb: 3 (DarkDragonMedeus, VersusJunkie54, Hellbeast1)
  • Master Chief: 0
  • Inconclusive: 0

Oh hell yeah, about time Caleb's profile got finished. Anyway I'm going with Caleb via hax. While they're for the most part equal in stats, with Master Chief actually having the edge in most of them; he's more tactical, he's got better defence overall, and is physically stronger. Caleb's soul manipulation and Voodoo Doll are way too much for John to handle. Not quite sure how good Life Leech's soul manipulation is, but I do know that MJOLNIR is useless against the power of the epic voodoo doll; which ignores armor durability. Just a few stabs, and John's heart would stop beating and he would be crushed.

Not a stomp, because Master Chief could try to fire bullets before Caleb grabs the voodoo doll, but I think John's dead either way. Caleb wins mid-low difficulty.

I don't think stabs from the doll ignore dura. That was a mistake on my part during the rough draft of the profile. Only the dolls' Death Wave ability bypasses dura entirely. (Although the stabs would ignore his armor) Reason I say this is because stabbing it kills armored opponents with exceptionally minimal effort, but it takes multiple hits to bring down the stronger guys who tank the Napalm Cannon.

Soul Manip on the Life Leech depends on the fire mode. Regular shots deal Spirit Damage, which would probably function like SOUL damage in Undertale. The alt-fire was stated by the devs to literally suck out souls, and it kills most enemies in one shot.

Still, none of this functionally negates anything about your reasoning, so I'll count your vote.

Master Chief without armor only has Wall level durability, so it still negates it to a pretty significant extent. And as for the soul stuff, all good.

Oh ****, I forgot Caleb has Attack Reflection and Invulnerability items. Should probably restrict those.

Took a glance at the profile. Type 7 immortality. Death manipulation. Distance negation, Soul manipulation. I hate to say it but I think Chief is screwed here. John has no resistance to any of his hax abilities. And cannot put him down permenatley. Not to mention Caleb has far greater combat experience according to his profile.

Not a stomp. But This Caleb guy wins rather easily.

Caleb's Type 7 is simply Undead Immortality mixed with Type 1. It prevents him from aging, allows him to take more damage than normal people and gives him ridiculous pain tolerance (such as shrugging off six sticks of dynamite exploding in his hand at once), but it doesn't make him any harder to put down than another 9-B/9-A.

Still, I'll count your vote. Maybe we should give the two of them their more powerful options (such as Chief's High 8-C weapons and Caleb's Reflective Shots/Death Masks) in order to make things less one-sided?

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Caleb's Type 7 is simply Undead Immortality mixed with Type 1. It allows him to take more damage than normal people and gives him ridiculous pain tolerance (such as shrugging off six sticks of dynamite exploding in his hand at once), but it doesn't make him any harder to put down than another 9-B/9-A.
Still, I'll count your vote. Maybe we should give the two of them their more powerful options (such as Chief's High 8-C weapons and Caleb's Reflective Shots/Death Masks) in order to make things less one-sided?
Even then MC still has zero chance against those sort of attacks. Even if we give him his 8-C and High 8-C weapons. He'll probably be one shotted as soon as Caleb realizes his 9-A explosives and weapons aren't putting Chief down. Eh? There's also that voodoo doll that gives him the win.

Fair enough. For argument's/fairness's sake though, I'll go ahead and unrestrict everything for the two of them.

We can keep the votes unchanged for the moment, regardless.

There's no major revisions that haven't made it outdated though. Even the possible Incineration cannon upgrade won't change a thing.

No.

Versus Thread Rules: Please don't bump topics that have been inactive for over a month without a legitimate argument, and entirely avoid bumping topics that have been concluded.

That's more so a suggestion rather than a strict rule; it's mostly threads that are now stomps are what shouldn't be bumped.

Well there is a reason why is called Versus Thread Rules, even 1 month old threads with characters that havent change at all have been close for this reason.

They usually get closed for other reasons such as too much derailment, or spammed bumps. Or because it was later considered a stomp, this is no stomp but a decisive match. There've also been matches silent for several months and still lived on due to still being legitimate.

Anyway, you're kind of derailing the thread a bit. If you want it closed so badly, then just vote for the winning character to speed it up.

Edit: the keywords are, "Without a legit argument", a thread that hasn't changed since it was first made is still a legit reasoning.

Unfortunately, as of this writing, the situation has changed. Caleb just got upped to Multi-City Block level, full stop.

This match is a stomp now.

John's incinerator cannon was upgraded to Low 7-C and he's got Hardlight Shield with comparable durability, but yeah, Caleb is winning this quite easily. I'm not quite certain if this is technically a stomp or not, but even John having access to his nukes isn't gonna help at all. Voodoo Doll will just one shot instantly.

Also, ATM, Caleb is still like almost 3 times stronger than Berserk Doomguy; at least until I make the blog with the various Doom enemy sizes, which will upgrade the verse. But yeah, unless this is not a stomp, a mod or above could close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back