• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Abstractions said:
KLOL506 said:
Geralt doesn't need to be that close to Axii (He once axii'd a guard tens of meters away) and he can pin moving characters just fine.
What's referenced on the page shows that it requires them to be fairly close and Chief doesn't need to be close to kill Geralt.
But that's not how it works. Geralt can mindhax people tens of meters away.

ThaTSayMarine said:
I don't remember master chief having a 4'3 feet energy sword i mean

the official stat is 126.8 cm or 49.9 inches which is comparable is longer by an inch (Geralt sword is 48.5 inches)
The halo wiki lists it differently, but either way it still ends up longer than Geralt's.

I love how we're measuring Geralt's and Master Chief's sword size uwu

-Blushes- "You told me there wouldn't be any cameras..."

Wouldn't an Energy Sword cleave through Geralt's Sword? I mean, Master Chief would probably try to Snipe him if he had a choice between Sword or Gun, but still.

Currently? No. I was the one who was arguing in favor but my computer died and the discussion also died. When I fix it I can make the argument.

But is 8-C+ thr highest AP for Chief?

M3X said:
Currently? No. I was the one who was arguing in favor but my computer died and the discussion also died. When I fix it I can make the argument.

But is 8-C+ thr highest AP for Chief?
With the Binary Rifle and Spartan Laser, but 8-A with the Incineration Cannon.

I mean he was able to get his hands on a Tactical Nuke in Halo 4. Does that count towards "His Strongest Weapons" here?

M3X said:
Nukes are 7-C (at least the both nukes used during WW2). Quen can tank
Quen is not active forever and John only needs a short window to land a shot, which he will.

Quen will be active as long as Geralt has magic power. This means the entire fight. Chief can't do shit against Geralt here.

Do you expect him to stay there and tank everything unknown to him? Even better, a nuke?

It doesn't matter if it's in character or not to spam it. Witchers are overall defending themselved against big threat with Quen.

Worth adding that the Energy Sword should slightly negate durability via heat

Not enough to break quen, but more than enough to cut Geralt's swords in half, should they clash.

Let me summerize my thoughts here.

Quen can be broken by either the Incineration Cannon or Binary Rifle. Because it reacts to being hit a single time, and the damage reflection is an AoE blast, the reflect won't affect Chief (who would be fighting from range) and the sub-blasts of the cannon or the sustained beam of the Binary rifle would kill or seriously damage Geralt, respectively.

Geralt is a CQC Fighter, which means he's on the back foot with Chief's higher tier weapons at play, and Chief doesn't close distance unless he absolutely needs to.

That being said, Geralt will certainly take this if he closes fast enough, but I don't believe he can with the higher tier weapons chief has. So I give it to Chief, 6-7/10 times.

Everything goes down when Geralt has Axii. If the fight is that bad for him, just Axii and "Stop fighting"

Won't have the time if he gets hit by the Incineration Cannon. Even the sub-blasts distintegrate Spartan IVs entirely, and the Binary Rifle would seriously cripple whatever it hits.

Getting hit by Incineration Cannon would do nothing. This attack is only 8-A. Far below from what Quen tanks. Everything Chief has isn't enough to break Quen.

Time isn't an argument. Geralt just need a finger movement and Axii is done

M3X said:
Getting hit by Incineration Cannon would do nothing. This attack is only 8-A. Far below from what Quen tanks. Everything Chief has isn't enough to break Quen.
Time isn't an argument. Geralt just need a finger movement and Axii is done
Quen breaks from anything that hits it. Can it take a Low 7-B attack? Yes, but only once. Same for sword swings, arrows, etc.

Furthermore, he would certainly mindhax successfully... as he disintegrates. Meaning Chief would just snap out of it eventually, well after Geralt is dust.

That's... how Quen works in game.

Anything that hits it causes it to break. Even tiny things that shouldn't hurt Geralt.

If it works different lorewise that's my bad.

It works different lorewise, check when Geralt protected himself from Triss' magic. And it can tank more than one hit depending of the enemie

If that's the case, nothing can break Quen.

Pretty sure that would make this a stomp since the only wincon Chief would have would also turn him into dust.

Dome Quen doesn't break in the game, it'll remain so long as Geralt has stamina.

Back