• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Geralt of Rivia (Video Games) vs Master Chief

Witcher 1-3 Geralt vs New Trilogy Master Chief with Gen 2 MJOLNIR Armor

Speed equalized

Both get their best weapons, Master Chief also gets access to his melee weapons

Geralt gets basic stat amp and healing potions (Thunderbolt, Swallow, etc.), his more powerful decoctions are barred unless it's determined this fight is still fair even if he has access to them

Fight takes place in the forest of a Halo installation

Both in-character

Fight starts 50 meters away

Does Quen break in one hit from any attack or does it have to be low 7-B attack. If it has low 7-B durability but just protects against a single hit then Master Chief's guns can get past it due to having a rate of fire higher than the time he can recast Quen.

If Quen needs a low 7-B attack to break it, Geralt slaps on Quen and stomps.

I'm still voting Geralt if Quen is breakable because if he starts to get overwhelmed he could just use Axii to end the fight, assuming he even needs to instantly win because he can use his signs and superior skill to control the fight and deliver a killing blow.

Dome Quen is unbreakable and I think the Low 7-B was removed but it is definitely several paygrades above Geralt, prolly scales to Triss's meteors which would prolly wield higher results than MC's Tier 8 weapons.

Oh I guess the low 7-B for Quen was removed very recently because he had that two days ago. But it should be above Chief's 8-C weapons since people that scale to Geralt's high 8-C key can't kill Geralt while he has it on.

Master Chief has massive range advantage but geralt is more durable due to quen and his skill advantage makes easy to fight toe to toe with Master Chief

Giving this to geralt

If they both have their Best Weapons, then doesn't Chief have Forerunner Weaponry like the Incineration Cannon and the Binary Rifle?

All Master Chief has to do is wait until Quen is dropped, he's encountered bubble shields before and knows to wait something like that out or just keep his distance.

I'd hardly say Geralt has a skill advantage, he's older and has dealt with skilled opponents in the past, but John has been beating trained soldiers since he was 14, if anything they are equally skilled.

All John needs is his accuracy and patience to win here, it's very much in his favor.

I'm going to bed right now, but Geralt can move while using Quen and he has many other signs that control the battlefield. Also noting stops Geralt from using Axii or sleep manipulation, he doesn't start with it but if Chief puts him into a bad scenario Geralt can use Axii at any time to end the fight.

Abstractions said:
but John has been beating trained soldiers since he was 14, if anything they are equally skilled.
Umm, sorry to tell you but witchers are trained since ages 4-6 and given mutations during ages 9-11 and those training aren't easy either

ThaTSayMarine said:
Umm, sorry to tell you but witchers are trained since ages 4-6 and given mutations during ages 9-11 and those training aren't easy either
But you are comparing a medieval based society to a future militaristic one, their standards of training are likely much different and attempting to justify it through age would be silly.

Keeweed said:
I'm going to bed right now, but Geralt can move while using Quen and he has many other signs that control the battlefield. Also noting stops Geralt from using Axii or sleep manipulation, he doesn't start with it but if Chief puts him into a bad scenario Geralt can use Axii at any time to end the fight.
To what extent though, it is not as if he will break out into a sprint while using it.

Nothing stops John from immediately cloaking himself either, he needs a single well placed shot to end the fight when compared to Geralt.

EDIT: SBA also puts him within several kilometers of sniping distance.

Now that the starting distance was edited to be more fair, 50 meters is still plenty of enough distance for Chief to immediately snipe with the Binary Rifle or Spartan Laser, if he sees Quen activated he can re-position himself with Active Camoflauge and try again.

Abstractions said:
But you are comparing a medieval based society to a future militaristic one, their standards of training are likely much different and attempting to justify it through age would be silly.
Witcher training consistet of parrying an arrow and failing would lead you to doing 50 push ups and this was when you were trained as a toddler even ciri who wasn't a witcher could do this

and that was one of few things that were stated that witchers trained with and imagine they trained until ages of 19

While you do have a point that comparing medieval based society to a future militaristic one is kinda silly it was more brutal in the medieval times and it ended up making witchers enhanced humans that could ignore pain and be immune to diseases

Not sure what push ups alone have to do when considering their skill, Spartans obviously did standard strength training, John at 15 sprinted seven kilometers while expecting to do combat right after, endurance isn't an issue for him.

Medieval training was more attempting to define a curriculum for training, by the future miltary standpoint this training would have been perfected, and for all intents and purposes it did because John could fight off armies of covenant with three other Spartans at 15, and this is when he was starting out.

Chief easily dispatches enemies that one-shot him and are far above his durability.

For the record, in Halo 3, Chief defeated a Brute Chieftain with a gravity hammer and equipment that made him invulnerable in a very small room while being overwhelm by various invisible enemies with fire grenades that could easily one-shot him, twice.

Abstractions said:
Not sure what push ups alone have to do when considering their skill, Spartans obviously did standard strength training, John at 15 sprinted seven kilometers while expecting to do combat right after, endurance isn't an issue for him.
Medieval training was more attempting to define a curriculum for training, by the future miltary standpoint this training would have been perfected, and for all intents and purposes it did because John could fight off armies of covenant with three other Spartans at 15, and this is when he was starting out.
Did you actually read what i stated, For every missed parry of an ARROW as a toddler they have to do 50 push ups

Again, witcher as toddlers needed to complete the trial of the medallion which consistet of crossing an entire lake or going through a forest full of wolves, then entering a cave with a cyclops in it, and then avoiding the harpies and rock trolls all for them to go into the circle of elements where they get their medallions

And you don't know how to compre medieval training and futuristic training

Both aim to prefect things but both in their own ways and geralt was trained by one of the most skilled witcher of all time and the oldest one alive at that

and witcher verse isn't a only medieval world it's a fanatasy world and it has it's ow technological advancements and witchers have a entierly unorthodox way of training that manages them to fight with all kinds of opponents from really small to sizes of buildings

And i was refering what they went through as toddlers, Geralt in the verse is considered as the best swordsma in the entire witcher verse and Geralt with help of three other witchers managed to stalematethe army of the wild hunt Geralt even states the most powerful empire at that time nilfgaard could stand no chance against the army of the wild hunt

That doesn't sound like making them parry, he even says archery training.

Also, not sure I can trust all of this "doing it as a toddler" without further proof.

Uh, pretty sure what I said makes perfect and valid sense.

Sure, he's a good swordsman, but he's fighting someone with equal if not more skill wielding a gun that can take on entire alien armies with little to sometimes no assistance, even with whatever you provide you will be hard pressed to prove Geralt is more skilled to me. None of this "he can do this as a toddler" stuff matters when its compared to their current.

Couldn't Geralt just... you know, Axii once he closes in?

Chief doesn't have resistance to mindhax.

KLOL506 said:
Are we assuming Chief is standing still the entire time? There's a fifty meter gap between the two, Geralt needs to be close to Axii.

Is it in Chief character to run away from someone while shooting at them. Every time I played Halo and every time I've watched videos on Halo people would usually get closer to the opponent while shooting them.

Geralt can run while using Quen and Yrden destroys projectiles when it is upgraded along with shooting lightning at the opponent. Eventually either Chief is going to be forced to get in close or Geralt is going to catch up with him (assuming Chief even runs away in the first place), and Geralt will use Axii.

Keeweed said:
Is it in Chief character to run away from someone while shooting at them. Every time I played Halo and every time I've watched videos on Halo people would usually get closer to the opponent while shooting them.

Geralt can run while using Quen and Yrden destroys projectiles when it is upgraded along with shooting lightning at the opponent. Eventually either Chief is going to be forced to get in close or Geralt is going to catch up with him (assuming Chief even runs away in the first place), and Geralt will use Axii.
It will be when he realizes shooting won't work, in which all he has to do is cloak and wait for the right time to shoot, why would it be his first impression to approach the person only capable of attack him in close quarters when he's never seen or heard of his opponent before?

It's a shame Geralt won't be casting both at once, and I have a hard time believing he'll be reacting to the Spartan Laser or Binary Rifle in a fast enough fashion to cast Yrden. This is of course assuming he even attempts to keep up Quen from the very beginning of the fight without even knowing what guns are to catch up to Chief and then try to use Axii which isn't in character for him to use before even being within striking distance of the opponent first.

Not seeing it.

Abstractions said:
KLOL506 said:
Are we assuming Chief is standing still the entire time? There's a fifty meter gap between the two, Geralt needs to be close to Axii.
Geralt doesn't need to be that close to Axii (He once axii'd a guard tens of meters away) and he can pin moving characters just fine.

KLOL506 said:
Geralt doesn't need to be that close to Axii (He once axii'd a guard tens of meters away) and he can pin moving characters just fine.
What's referenced on the page shows that it requires them to be fairly close and Chief doesn't need to be close to kill Geralt.

Abstractions said:
That doesn't sound like making them parry, he even says archery training.
Also, not sure I can trust all of this "doing it as a toddler" without further proof.

Uh, pretty sure what I said makes perfect and valid sense.

Sure, he's a good swordsman, but he's fighting someone with equal if not more skill wielding a gun that can take on entire alien armies with little to sometimes no assistance, even with whatever you provide you will be hard pressed to prove Geralt is more skilled to me. None of this "he can do this as a toddler" stuff matters when its compared to their current.
Well you do have a point, even earlier he says that witchers need to be train in every form of weapon that they can handle even tho witchers only use a steel and silver sword

Firstly, here's geralt showing the past with the phantoms and you can clearly see there a child

Secondly, Here's a overview of witchers

Thirdly, Here are some stats that show on what age the mutations are done

No it doesn't, Does master chief know how to parry an arrow with an sword... he probably can after several tries but my point is that both Geralt and Chief are both experts in thier own fields and it wouldn't matter what era it is they both are skilled

You can't expect a gunslinger to be an expert in swordfighting woud you?

Simply put, Geralt has nearly a century of experience fighting hordes of monsters, soldiers, and bandits while chief only has 47 years of experience of leading armies into victory and managing to defeat hordes of technologically advanced aliens

Chief is more of a leader while geralt is loner in most of his missions (Tho he can be a damn good leader if it's needed) and geralt would have a really easy time reaching chief and even if chief tries to get away geralt has it's own ways to reach him

"Chief is more of a leader while geralt is loner in most of his missions (Tho he can be a damn good leader if it's needed) and geralt would have a really easy time reaching chief and even if chief tries to get away geralt has it's own ways to reach him "

I'm having a hard time believing Geralt will have an easy time reaching Chief with his incredible maneuverability with thrusters and his active camoflauge, also, a sword toss won't hit Chief because he isn't a bumbling moron, even if it did he still has his shielding for it to go through, should he even be hurt by it the suit's biofoam stabilizes him and keeps him going.

Abstractions said:
I'm having a hard time believing Geralt will have an easy time reaching Chief with his incredible maneuverability with thrusters and his active camoflauge, also, a sword toss won't hit Chief because he isn't a bumbling moron, even if it did he still has his shielding for it to go through, should he even be hurt by it the suit's biofoam stabilizes him and keeps him going.
Geralt has fought flying and maneuverable opponents before that are even immune to knock back damage

ThaTSayMarine said:
Geralt has fought flying and maneuverable opponents before that are even immune to knock back damage
Equating Dettlaff to John is wrong, John doesn't need to be close to engage unlike the vampire, who routinely swoops down to swipe at Geralt or lands, who's basically twiddling his thumbs until that happens.

KarmodF said:
>"You can't expect a gunslinger to be an expert in Swordfighting would you?"
yeah.
Serious Reply:

That further proves my point of geralt being a more skilled fighter than master chief

The Energy Sword isn't even a sword it's just a technologically advanced katar knife that literally needs no training to be used effectively, it's also a lazy desgin too because it doesn't need that much training, It got your hands covered, it can cut really good, it's made out of plasma and not metal which means it won't be chipped

the only thing you need to care for the weapon is being careful you don't hit yourself

"The Energy Sword isn't even a sword it's just a technologically advanced katar knife that literally needs no training to be used effectively"

Sanghelli tend to rely on it though, it's a combat tool as much as a ceremonial one, it's used frequently in duels and the only reason it has two blades to begin with is so it can dispatch other Covenant, as Elite have two hearts.

Abstractions said:
ThaTSayMarine said:
Equating Dettlaff to John is wrong, John doesn't need to be close to engage unlike the vampire, who routinely swoops down to swipe at Geralt or lands, who's basically twiddling his thumbs until that happens.
He was immune to bombs and crossbow hits which is why geralt wasn't able to get him into the ground and that's one example there are are also archgriffins, cockatrices, basiliks who all can spit acid

And sorcerer's that can shoot fast projectiles and lighting which geralt has dealt with

Not sure what you mean by range, it may seem that way when compared to an Elite but that's because they are 8.6 feet tall, the Energy Sword's length is 4.3 feet compared to a standard longsword that's 3.6 feet long.

I don't remember master chief having a 4'3 feet energy sword i mean...

the official stat is 126.8 cm or 49.9 inches which is longer by an inch (Geralt sword is 48.5 inches)

Back