• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

By Fire Be Purged! Natsu vs Nasus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Xtasyamphetamine said:
OP I suggest you equalize speed, it really makes this a speedblitz. And speedblitz matches with extremely huge speed gaps are boring.
Except it does not make it a speed blitz the actual calcs put Nasus at faster than Natsu. Natsu only gwts by through scaling.

Rocker1189 said:
Except it does not make it a speed blitz the actual calcs put Nasus at faster than Natsu. Natsu only gwts by through scaling.
Characters like Satsuki Kiryui and Dio Brando have gotten the + added to their attack potency despite the calcs not resulting in that. This is because of scaling and common sense. Saying Nasus doesn't get blitzed when the scaling chain says otherwise just because the starting number isn't bigger doesn't make sense. Logically, if Character A can move faster than Character B can react and Character C's feat isn't even twice Character B's feat, then Character A would still be faster than Character C.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Characters like Satsuki Kiryui and Dio Brando have gotten the + added to their attack potency despite the calcs not resulting in that. This is because of scaling and common sense. Saying Nasus doesn't get blitzed when the scaling chain says otherwise just because the starting number isn't bigger doesn't make sense. Logically, if Character A can move faster than Character B can react and Character C's feat isn't even twice Character B's feat, then Character A would still be faster than Character C.
Yeah they get a plus but if they fight someone who is higher than the original calc they still are put at relatively even levels of power we dont assume them stronger That is how it has always worked with speed as well as AP. Considering I was arguing the same as you before.

It's not from fighting someone higher than the calc, it's from being stronger than the person with the calc that didn't result in a +.

Thought > Running, and Nasus is more than fast enough to think before Natsu gets there. Even if Natsu isn't killed at once, Nasus likely survives the first blow (Natsu starts strong but doesn't have a tendency to put all his power in his very first blow against an unknown enemy), transforms, and Natsu is ******.

Any vote regarding Natsu's speed can't count. I vote Nasus.

I didn't think that a small difference in speed matters, especially since they are so close and I thought Natsu's speed doesn't increase with his forms, just his power.

Assaltwaffle said:
I didn't think that a small difference in speed matters, especially since they are so close and I thought Natsu's speed doesn't increase with his forms, just his power.
I meant his weaker main canon form as the base form.

The comparison that I was making is that Satsuki is viewed as higher for stomping people with a calc. If she fought someone that was less than 2X stronger than the calc from the people she stomped, then she would still be able to stomp them. Between Nasus and Natsu, Nasus original calc is faster, but not by more than 2X. Then Nasus goes on to become unquantifiably faster. So does Natsu. If that was where it ended then yeah Nasus would be faster but it's not. Where Nasus has nothing indicating how much faster he's got, Natsu has a scaling chain that accurately depicts his growth. Natsu's faster in base during Tartaros Arc than the highest transformation of the people who are faster than the person who thought dodging all of Natsu's Mach 1381 attack was easy. Then you factor in the fact that Mard Geer moved so fast that Natsu couldn't even react to him. Not Mach 1381 Natsu, but Tartaros Arc Natsu. Then Nastu in Dragon Force was able to move so fast that Mard couldn't react to his movements. This clearly shows that Natsu would be able to blitz Nasus.

ThePixelKirby said:
Thought > Running, and Nasus is more than fast enough to think before Natsu gets there.
Actually, this is wrong. Nasus would not be able to think at that level of speed. You can't age something you can't react to.

Assaltwaffle said:
No, he gets faster too.

@DragonEmperor

If you think Natsu is THAT much faster you need to make a CRT. Right now he is treated as unquantifiably above 1381, which isn't a blitz since Nasus already reacts faster.

Assaltwaffle said:
@DragonEmperor
If you think Natsu is THAT much faster you need to make a CRT. Right now he is treated as unquantifiably above 1381, which isn't a blitz since Nasus already reacts faster.
It's on his profile.

I'm literally just explaining what's already in the speed section.

Speed: Massively Hypersonic+ (Dodged Laxus' lightning) | Massively Hypersonic+ (Overwhelmed Jellal's Meteor, who was blitzing him before) | Massively Hypersonic+ (Kept pace with Hades) | Massively Hypersonic+ (Blitzed Jackal before the demon could react. Kept up with Sting and Rogue simultaneously while they were using Dragon Force) | Massively Hypersonic+ (Kept up with Etherious Tempester) | Massively Hypersonic+ (Kept up with Future Rogue) | Massively Hypersonic+ (Blitzed Etherious Mard Geer, who was unable to dodge his attack)

Guys I'm not arguing that his speed tier should be higher, higher tiers aren't given for blitzes or stomps, I'm just saying that Natsu is faster.

@DragonEmperor

And that is unquantifiably above 1381. Until he gains scaling to Erza we can't treat him as THAT much faster than he has shown.

But if this is such a big issue, even though I don't like to, I'm equalizing speed.

But it is what he has shown. It comes from his feats.

That's what makes it a stomp, for the same reasons you said Amon vs Karthus was a stomp.

As I have outlined before, Nasus may want to feed on Natsu instead of withering him. There is still a chance Natsu hits him a couple times before Nasus resides to transform and win with his nearly 6x AP advantage.

Natsu doesn't just instalose, even if he is unlikely to win.

Sigh... no, he doesn't. You don't even know Nasus or Infernal Nasus' lore. Infernal Nasus' only "spam Wither" showing is when he is transformed and has his three heads.

Infernal Nasus wants to gain power, and many of his voice lines show his desire to add "more souls to the pyre". He can't do that if he is just life wiping at random.

Assaltwaffle said:
Sigh... no, he doesn't. You don't even know Nasus or Infernal Nasus' lore. Infernal Nasus' only "spam Wither" showing is when he is transformed and has his three heads.
Infernal Nasus wants to gain power, and many of his voice lines show his desire to add "more souls to the pyre". He can't do that if he is just life wiping at random.
Huh, who says that. I am pretty sure he probably absorbs the souls of people he ages anyway.

@Rocker

"Withering life with the merest touch and burning it away" doesn't sound like soul absorption. And in most fiction when you kill someone their soul goes to wherever the designated afterlife is, or it lingers as a ghost. The latter doesn't happen, so I'm inclined to say the former happens, which would prevent Nasus from soul eating, especially since Siphoning Strike is his primary tool for succing.

Assaltwaffle said:
@Rocker
"Withering life with the merest touch and burning it away" doesn't sound like soul absorption. And in most fiction when you kill someone their soul goes to wherever the designated afterlife is, or it lingers as a ghost. The latter doesn't happen, so I'm inclined to say the former happens, which would prevent Nasus from soul eating, especially since Siphoning Strike is his primary tool for succing.
You say that but when thresh or people nearby kill someone, the souls literally drop on the floor for him to absorb and they both come from the same verse.

@Rocker

Souls dropping is game mechanics, and even then that's Thresh, not Nasus. Also him keeping the souls from leaving makes sense, since he is the chain warden.

tbh, I dont really mind either way, I believe that Nasus would wither pretty early due to being a primarily magic user.

@Rocker

But do you think that it's a stomp? There is a difference between decisive win and "the opponent literally has no chance".

Assaltwaffle said:
@Rocker
But do you think that it's a stomp? There is a difference between decisive win and "the opponent literally has no chance".
Yeah , I dont think it is a stomp, mostly because I do think that Nasus might take a moment to understand what Natsu does, since he is a strategist. As long as he does not take a stupid hit he would be fine.

I doubt it's a stomp since Natsu can win, granted Nasus gets hasty and doesn't use Wither until it's too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back