• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Broly Spoilers for Dragon Ball Movie.

It still just a suggestion with no confirmation. They can recton Beerus to be millions of times stronger than Broly again.

Jiren was never even compared to Beerus in the anime but magazines were swearing he is stronger than all the GoD just to hype him up.

I am surprised they have the balls to even suggest that Broly may be stronger than Beerus at this point.

They haven't retconned Beerus' power though. Right now it's wording issues that are making people believe Beerus' power lvl got retconned. And now we have two translations of the scene. One basically said Broly is likely stronger than Beerus the other basically said Broly is possibly stronger than Beerus. So it's probably better to just wait for the movie to come out and see what the exact words of that scene was before saying Beerus' power lvl got retconned.

Lol Beerus's power got retconned many times. From him being only 30% stronger than SSG, to SSB Goku/Vegeta giving him a challenge if they work to together, to him being worried about SSBKKx10, to first UIO being above all gods, to him being about as stronger as 3 UIO/UI, and now Broly, the strongest and latest enemy is only "might" be stronger than Beerus.

Which means Beerus is most likely above even UI Goku.

They only retconned the SSG Goku is 6 and Beerus is 10 thing from the movie. After that they haven't retconned anything else. I don't remember if that stuff about them working together was in the anime but if it was than I guess that's the second retcon. He said he was surprised about why Goku didn't use SSBKK against him the first time. Also we only heard about the UIS being an ability that even the GoDs have a hard time reaching not that it's stronger than the GoDs. They only confirmed the Third UIS as being stronger than or equal to Beerus. Finally the Broly stuff has two different translations with two different meaning.

Unless they says "X" is stronger than Beerus in the anime all this magazine BS are irrelevant tbh.

UIS was described as a power "feared" by the gods in the ep 110 narrators.

Pretty sure there are times when we can ignore statements if they heavily contradict something that was previously established. If the wording is might be stronger than Beerus than we can probably ignore it since it contradicts something that was previously established mutliple times in the series. And that's UI Goku and Jiren being stronger than the GoDs. Which was confirmed by multiple magazines and some in series statements from Whis.

There's also a pretty similar case with Merlin saying True Form Chandler and True Form Cusack without their true magic powers are the strongest demons next to the Demon King even though it contradicts the lore and previous statements.

But like I said before how about we just wait and see what the actual wording for the scene is in the movie before we jump the gun.

Peter1129 said:
Pretty sure there are times when we can ignore statements if they heavily contradict something that was previously established. If the wording is might be stronger than Beerus than we can probably ignore it since it contradicts something that was previously established mutliple times in the series. And that's UI Goku and Jiren being stronger than the GoDs. Which was confirmed by multiple magazines and some in series statements from Whis.

There's also a pretty similar case with Merlin saying True Form Chandler and True Form Cusack without their true magic powers are the strongest demons next to the Demon King even though it contradicts the lore and previous statements.

But like I said before how about we just wait and see what the actual wording for the scene is in the movie before we jump the gun.
Primary source >> secondary source. If the anime states something that contradicts a secondary source, its obvious that the anime (primary source) is the one that overwrites the secondary source.

I'm not buying it, unless we see it straight from the source.

A. Whis confirms it, stating that maybe Beerus needs to get his lazy arse back in the gym.

B. Beerus is showned sweating bullets, and nervous.

@Ovrhide If all previous primary and secondary sources say Jiren is stronger than all GoDs than that's how it will be. One contradicting line from a primary source doesn't overwrite all previous sources. It's basically the same reason why we don't accept Beerus' statement about Base Goku being weaker than Frieza in BoG since Goku's been shown to be stronger than Frieza via powerscaling in Z.

Also like I've been saying a bunch of times before. Right now we have two different translations on what Goku said to Broly. One of them means Broly is likely stronger than Beerus the other means he's possibly stronger than Beerus. Which is why I said we should just wait for the movie to come out before making assumptions.

Peter1129 said:
@Ovrhide If all previous primary and secondary sources say Jiren is stronger than all GoDs than that's how it will be. One contradicting line from a primary source doesn't overwrite all previous sources. It's basically the same reason why we don't accept Beerus' statement about Base Goku being weaker than Frieza in BoG since Goku's been shown to be stronger than Frieza via powerscaling in Z.

Also like I've been saying a bunch of times before. Right now we have two different translations on what Goku said to Broly. One of them means Broly is likely stronger than Beerus the other means he's possibly stronger than Beerus. Which is why I said we should just wait for the movie to come out before making assumptions.
Havent heard the anime (primary source) even compare jiren to beerus. And beerus denied jirens god superiority by just saying he kost in an arm wrestling match. So really nothing in primary with solid statements. Everytime he has been compared to a god it has been belmod (not saying belmod is weak,

Shen Saiya said:
I'm not buying it, unless we see it straight from the source.

A. Whis confirms it, stating that maybe Beerus needs to get his lazy arse back in the gym.

B. Beerus is showned sweating bullets, and nervous.
Whose the character you are questioning here?

Broly being stated to being stronger than Beerus! Sorry I kinda just combed over the other comments; was in a rush before logging out!

Shen Saiya said:
Broly being stated to being stronger than Beerus! Sorry I kinda just combed over the other comments; was in a rush before logging out!
Why is it hard ti comprehend? The fact that broly has been stated to be the strongest opponent up till now should put him up there, since jiren is (supposedly, probably not) also beerus level or above.

Only off of Goku's statements.

Off screen Goku and Vegeta "MAY' have never seen Beerus full power! And this isn't the 1st time Goku has remarked someone being stronger than Beerus, with Beerus showing no real worries!

Goku remarked Zamasu was stronger than Beerus back in the Black Arc. (Can't recall if it was Merged or Infinite) and yet Beerus was pretty chill about it! Even telling Whis that they might have to go to Trunks' future to handle the problem themselves!

And you said "the fact Broly has been stated to be the strongest opponent up till now" is a flip coin debate! (Not trying to piss you off or anything)

It's the age old formula for Dragon Ball and Shonen in general; not including OPM! But Super threw a winch in the gears in the very begining... Beerus! Beerus is Goku/Vegeta's aim, to surpass him if not rival him!

So with that arguement it's saying that Golden Frieza in the Revival F arc is stronger than Beerus! Because Goku/Vegeta attain SSG, trained under Whis and attain SSGSS stacked on top, in order to fight Frieza who is stronger than BoG SSG Goku! But is Frieza stronger than Beerus... 'HELL NO!" Frieza was the strongest opponent Goku has ever faced for that new current arc becuase...

1st Goku has become stronger than his previous arc self, plus has a new form.

And 2nd Beerus was holding back... ALOT in BoG!

Beerus pretty much set the benchmark for the rest of Super, by not really showing his true power plus defeating SSG Goku in the end! Giving Goku a goal, and whom to beat and Surpass!

It's like the 1st boss fight in a RPG has you fighting the Final Boss... only to lose badly to him/her while they are holding back, and the rest of the game is you playing catch up fighting other bosses around your skill level as you gain progress, until then!

If Broly is stronger than Beerus, I'll admit defeat, but this is just a debate. I'm not trying to step on anyone's toes, just posting my thoughts on the matter. And the thoughts are Beerus as the wildcard!!!

I wouldn't be shocked if Beerus has some sort of transformation/power-up up his sleeve. I mean, GoD is a transformation that Toppo can tap into but none of the gods resemble it...it's a Toei invention but it does bring up the question of Beerus having a similar transformation in the anime.

He could also be capable of some form of Ultra Instinct. No one said that none of the GoDs have it after all. Beerus, of course, was interested in watching Ultra Instinct in action (implying that he has never seen it before or rarely ever gets the chance) but this could always be retconned.

tl;dr Beerus could have a GoD transformation (like Toppo) or they could reveal he has some form of Ultra Instinct

I sure hope Toei doesn't delete us or sue us for this. They did this with the biggest anime group of my country.

We are not doing anything illegal here, so I strongly doubt it.

Yeah, the group uploaded a small clip of a scene from DBS, and got kicked for it. They were really well-known in Bangladesh thanks to FB and other sites.

Forcing them to make a new group.

People on other places upload entire episodes on bigger groups and nothing happens to them. Why us, then, is surprising. This happened last year.

They didn't sue anyone in Latin America when they publicly showed the final episodes of DBS. But why they would do this in Bangladesh, a place even more lawless than them, is beyond me.

The Mysterious Stranger - Delta- said:
Weird, there is an announcer shouting character names during battle? Lol, not sure how I feel about that.
4th wall breaking

Back