• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spinoirr

He/Him
Speed is equal
Both are city level
Fight takes place on top of Sugarloaf Mountain

Luffy:
Sam:
Icon:
bawqxoeohit71.jpg
d20.png

You know how ****** long ago its been since I've watched early OP? Like 6 months. Which is still enough time for me to forget which specific episodes had what, I know things so I'm going to use them
That's not a thing. Luffy never does that. I've read the entire manga, and Luffy never thinks swords will bounce off of him.

Isn't a plot point in the games that they were socked Armstrong could break it and that it was "impossible"
It's also literally stated that him doing that violated all know modern understanding of physics, which is why he has resistance to quantum manipulation.

Not something One Piece characters have shown

Pull up a chapter were he thinks this

His whole stick is that he's resistant to blunt attacks but not piercing or slicing
He's resistant to bullets, those are piercing.

He's resistant to a spiked club, that's piercing

He's clashed with Zoro in I think Dressrosa, don't know if he got cut there or not, but if he clashed with Zoro's blades...

He's clashed with Zoro in I think Dressrosa, don't know if he got cut there or not, but if he clashed with Zoro's blades...
He never hand-to-hand clashed with Zoro.
When was the last time you have, there's been over 1000 chapters so ya could have easily forgotten shit
You're probably thinking of a filler scene. And the last time was yesterday. By the way the bug from Baratie was called Bachi.

Okay?
Where's the resistance to slicing you mentioned?
Zoro's swords are a form of slicing are they not?

There's a reason I specifically mentioned a draw cut, cause that is slicing, just swinging a sword is not slicing until it hits an opponent, but if they catch one part of the blade, it's piercing, if they get it and the sword is dull, that's blunt and some piercing, slicing is using the blade to draw on something, think what Mihawk did to Zoro on the damn boat

There's a reason I specifically mentioned a draw cut, cause that is slicing, just swinging a sword is not slicing until it hits an opponent, but if they catch one part of the blade, it's piercing, if they get it and the sword is dull, that's blunt and some piercing, slicing is using the blade to draw on something, think what Mihawk did to Zoro on the damn boat
Yes Zoro has swords

Plus this was in Dresserossa where he developed his haki to the point he became resistant to slicing

The Luffy were using doesn't have that, not that it would matter anyway since the sword dura neg's

He only ever clashed with Zoro in Whiskey Peak and never hand-to-hand.

Yes Zoro has swords

Plus this was in Dresserossa where he developed his haki to the point he became resistant to slicing

The Luffy were using doesn't have that not that it would matter anyway since the sword dura neg's
Let me guess, wrong arc checks profile

Alabasta I mean(I love forgetting names)

This is literally every MGRR matchup

Dura Neg + Blade Mode GG
Funnily enough speed amps are the non-factor here, since Luffy dealt with way better shit as an 8-A
Alright lets say he can resist slicing attacks(Which he can't. At least not at this point)

Sam still Dura Negs him with his blade
Also I ain't saying he resists slicing attacks I'm saying that not every sword attack is a slice

This is coming from the resident sword ****** on the wiki, piercing and blunt attacks both happen quite often when it comes to swinging a sword, and while Zoro uses curved swords and as such has a better chance slicing, a still clash is piercing, not slicing

Back