• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Funnily enough speed amps are the non-factor here, since Luffy dealt with way better shit as an 8-A
By all means give examples
Also I ain't saying he resists slicing attacks I'm saying that not every sword attack is a slice

This is coming from the resident sword ****** on the wiki, piercing and blunt attacks both happen quite often when it comes to swinging a sword, and while Zoro uses curved swords and as such has a better chance slicing, a still clash is piercing, not slicing
Your arguing that a sword user would not use slash attacks

This is not a hill you want to die on
Does Sam start with Blade Mode?
No

By all means give examples

Your arguing that a sword user would not use slash attacks

This is not a hill you want to die on

No

I'm not, you're saying every kind of sword attack is a slash or slice, they ain't, especially in something like an Arming Sword, but in the case of a Katana(like with Zoro and Sam), it does happen a bit more often but and big attack is generally the same effect as say your average Medieval broadsword, IE piercing or blunt, depending on the durability of the object

I'm not, you're saying every kind of sword attack is a slash or slice, they ain't, especially in something like an Arming Sword, but in the case of a Katana(like with Zoro and Sam), it does happen a bit more often but and big attack is generally the same effect as say your average Medieval broadsword, IE piercing or blunt, depending on the durability of the object
You are arguing that Swords are blunt attacks I just want you to know this

What in your mind is a slicing attacks then?

Okay. Then Luffy has time to throw hands before being turned to sashimi? If Sam suddenly speeds up mid way through, Luffy can probably use G2 to even the odds.
Yeah it'd be equal until then

However I don't know how much the gears would help considering blade mode is a canon 10x increase to speed

You are arguing that Swords are blunt attacks I just want you to know this

What in your mind is a slicing attacks then?
Piercing is also blunt technically for Luffy, for instance you can't stab the man with an arming sword lol

What is a slice by definition with a blade?

In the case of a sword, a draw cut or using the very tip of the blade, sharpness is derived from all aspects however, so if you can hack a pig carcass in one go, you have a lot of piercing damage, if you swung a claymore at luffy it'd bounce off, if you stabbed Luffy with that claymore it'd bounce off, if you managed to sweet spot with the tip of the claymore with luffy it'd start cutting, as that is a slice, if you managed to get a draw cut that's also a slice.

Determine what is a slice and what isn't by the curvature of the blade and how much the blade is moving against the opponent compared to the first impact or what edge of the blade is being used, as I said, the tip is a slice if you sweet spot it.

Now does any of this sword stuff really matter in regards to Sam? Not really, it's a quantum-level cutter and Luffy ain't got shit on that, so Sam could literally stab luffy and it'd work like a hot knife through butter

Piercing is also blunt technically for Luffy, for instance you can't stab the man with an arming sword lol

What is a slice by definition with a blade?

In the case of a sword, a draw cut or using the very tip of the blade, sharpness is derived from all aspects however, so if you can hack a pig carcass in one go, you have a lot of piercing damage, if you swung a claymore at luffy it'd bounce off, if you stabbed Luffy with that claymore it'd bounce off, if you managed to sweet spot with the tip of the claymore with luffy it'd start cutting, as that is a slice, if you managed to get a draw cut that's also a slice.

Determine what is a slice and what isn't by the curvature of the blade and how much the blade is moving against the opponent compared to the first impact or what edge of the blade is being used, as I said, the tip is a slice if you sweet spot it.
Now does any of this sword stuff really matter in regards to Sam? Not really, it's a quantum-level cutter and Luffy ain't got shit on that, so Sam could literally stab luffy and it'd work like a hot knife through butter
Why bother writing all this if your going to agree with me anyways?

Why bother writing all this if your going to agree with me anyways?
How high are you?

We were arguing about what kind of damage are swords in regards to luffy to find out if by principal he would clash with Sam or dodge, I was clarifying none of this matters in regards to what Sam can do

So what the **** are Luffy's wincons if he's done in one hit?

How high are you?

We were arguing about what kind of damage are swords in regards to luffy to find out if by principal he would clash with Sam or dodge, I was clarifying none of this matters in regards to what Sam can do
Buddy YOU are the one arguing that a ******* SWORD does not cause slicing damage

By your shit definition everything except a sawing motion would be blunt damage which is dumb and I really don't need to explain why

Buddy YOU are the one arguing that a ******* SWORD does not cause slicing damage

By your shit definition everything except a sawing motion would be blunt damage which is dumb and I really don't need to explain why
I have a question for you, if you're, theoretically, swinging a Scottish Claymore and it goes all the way through what you swing it at, what kind of damage is that? Piercing(blunt in luffy's case) or Slicing?

I'm going to let you answer that but keep in mind, I also said that it depends on how much the blade moves post-impact for a slice, even if it's just an inch that's a nice slice

I have a question for you, if you're, theoretically, swinging a Scottish Claymore and it goes all the way through what you swing it at, what kind of damage is that? Piercing(blunt in luffy's case) or Slicing?

I'm going to let you answer that but keep in mind, I also said that it depends on how much the blade moves post-impact for a slice, even if it's just an inch that's a nice slice
By definition it is a slice, that is really all I need to say

What we define as slices and blunt attacks all have to do with the surface area of what we are attacking with, in this case any attacks with a sword would be either piercing or slicing which Luffy has shown to be weak to

By definition it is a slice, that is really all I need to say

What we define as slices and blunt attacks all have to do with the surface area of what we are attacking with, in this case any attacks with a sword would be either piercing or slicing which Luffy has shown to be weak to
Okay is it moving even a centimeter? That's a slice, by definition.

If you want to say that simply cutting through, say, a pineapple like butter is a slice instead of just pure piercing damage at work, then you clearly aren't qualified to have this kind of debate with the resident sword ******

Okay is it moving even a centimeter? That's a slice, by definition.

If you want to say that simply cutting through, say, a pineapple like butter is a slice instead of just pure piercing damage at work, then you clearly aren't qualified to have this kind of debate with the resident sword ******
Clearly you aren't ready to have this kind of debate if you don't even know what the definition of a slice is

"cut (something, especially food) into slices."- Oxford Dictionary
"to easily cut into or through something with a sharp knife"- Cambridge Dictionary
"to move with a cutting action" - Merriam Webster.. OH NO :eek::eek::eek: You got me!!! Except looking at the definition of cut

"make an opening, incision, or wound in (something) with a sharp-edged tool or object." - Oxford Dictionary
"divide into pieces with a knife or other sharp implement." - Oxford Dictionary
"to divide into parts with an edged tool" - Merriam Webster
"the act or an instance of cutting: such as" GET THIS "a stroke or blow with the edge of a knife or other edged tool" - Merriam Webster
"to use a sharp tool such as a knife to break the surface of something, divide something, or make something smaller" - Cambridge

You saying a sword doesn't cut literally goes against the definition of the word
PLEASE don't act like your the smart one in this debate

Clearly you aren't ready to have this kind of debate if you don't even know what the definition of a slice is

"cut (something, especially food) into slices."- Oxford Dictionary
"to easily cut into or through something with a sharp knife"- Cambridge Dictionary
"to move with a cutting action" - Merriam Webster.. OH NO :eek::eek::eek: You got me!!! Except looking at the definition of cut

"make an opening, incision, or wound in (something) with a sharp-edged tool or object." - Oxford Dictionary
"divide into pieces with a knife or other sharp implement." - Oxford Dictionary
"to divide into parts with an edged tool" - Merriam Webster
"the act or an instance of cutting: such as" GET THIS "a stroke or blow with the edge of a knife or other edged tool" - Merriam Webster
"to use a sharp tool such as a knife to break the surface of something, divide something, or make something smaller" - Cambridge

You saying a sword doesn't cut literally goes against the definition of the word
PLEASE don't act like your the smart one in this debate
That's a lot of dictionaries

I finally got someone to search like 10 dictionaries just to prove me wrong on something, thank **** someone got the memo

Okay finding the exact value One Piece Characters scale to is aids but here is what each character scales to

Sam - 65 Megatons

Luffy - 21 Megatons
in base, 217 Megatons in Gear 2nd, and 434 Megatons in Gear 3rd

Basically Luffy can One-shot if he lands a gear 3rd hit

That's if he doesnt get bisected the second he attempts this

Luffy is slower in Gear 3rd than he is in base form and is a bigger target (or at least his inflated limbs are), so Sam would have an easier time just cutting him up.

Luffy's basically screwed this match.

Luffy could win but it'd take a miracle

He'd have to use Gear 2nd off the bat and blitz Sam before he could activate blade mode which is not in character

Sam FRA

Basically, Luffy can win, it's just Sam has a much better chance

Laido gg FRA
FGiQ-BwXEAcdkpm.png

Back