• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Brackets Requiem: 7-B

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sole condition for letting Vile in was assuming the soul hax isn't used in character, which if it is he'll be disqualified.

...what hax?

Haxxed sans can fight tier 5 characters. It will be a nightmare to find a fair match amidst them

AnonymousBlank said:
Hax makes it boring tbh. It just comes down to 2 things, who has the most absurd one shot in their P&A and how fast will they pull the trigger.
This.

I exclude hax (generally) to make things interestng.

The only reason I don't make the brackets completly haxless is that AP stomps are also boring, so sometimes characters need something that makes skill and versatility relevent.

AnonymousBlank said:
Hax makes it boring tbh. It just comes down to 2 things, who has the most absurd one shot in their P&A and how fast will they pull the trigger.
Complete exageration

Just letting more hax in won't actomatically resurt in every match being a stand-off

AnonymousBlank said:
I don't agree. Hax just makes it a lot more difficult to balance.

If you allow all hax without regulation you probably just get "strongest character for this tier"-like debates and debates as you described.

But in principle two hax characters can be a good match for each other so that the fight is interesting. Carissa vs Kazuma Kuwabara was for example a battle where the votes were in the end given for tactical superiority, despite both negating durability.

Problem is that finding 2 good matching characters is sometimes already difficult (e.g. finding a match for Bunny), but finding 16 hax characters that are somewhat balanced against each other is nigh impossible.

In principle one could make a 1 hax allowed bracket. Like, every character has time stop or every character has space cutting. If that makes it more interesting is questionable, though.

A themed hax bracket would be cool tbh. Might be a bit tough to fill out with characters in the same tier. Maybe allow characters with a resistance to the hax?

AnonymousBlank said:
A themed hax bracket would be cool tbh. Might be a bit tough to fill out with characters in the same tier. Maybe allow characters with a resistance to the hax?
It would be hard to balance. Passive "I win" abilities and smurfs would need to be banned or only very limited because those are hard to make any good matches for much less balance in a tournament

Complete exageration

Just letting more hax in won't actomatically resurt in every match being a stand-off

Says Cal's disciple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back