• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros Speed Revision

However, Geryuganshoop's feat itself is just a possible rating, so I think Boros's speed should be like this "At least Relativistic+ (0.56c), possibly higher" (0.75c)

I don’t have an issue putting Boros at 0.56c, possibly 0.75c even though I still have no idea where 0.75c came from or why it was chosen for Gery’s feat

However, Geryuganshoop's feat itself is just a possible rating, so I think Boros's speed should be like this "At least Relativistic+ (0.56c), possibly higher" (0.75c)
Not at all.
Boros isn't getting his rating by scaling above Geryu's rating, but because he had WoG from ONE himself stating that his Kick was approximately the speed of light

Not at all.
Boros isn't getting his rating by scaling above Geryu's rating, but because he had WoG from ONE himself stating that his Kick was approximately the speed of light
? It's "possibly" because we don't know what exactly did he meant with "almost lightspeed".

The 0.75c is just the interpretation we decided to go back then with a similar statement.

I don’t have an issue putting Boros at 0.56c, possibly 0.75c even though I still have no idea where 0.75c came from or why it was chosen for Gery’s feat
Because 0.56c is nowhere near the speed of light. A normal human can run at 6 m/s, while the fastest human can run at 12 m/s, would you really say "I can run almost as fast as Usain Bolt"? A difference of 2 times is greater than you might think.

I mean, that still kinda comes down to interpretation and it also doesn’t really explain why 0.75c was specifically chosen for Gery’s feat

I mean, that still kinda comes down to interpretation and it also doesn’t really explain why 0.75c was specifically chosen for Gery’s feat
0.75c is conservative actually, there are calc group members including me that would even be fine using 0.90c.

0.75c is halfway between Relativistic+ and SoL, that's why it was chosen.

0.75c is halfway between Relativistic+ and SoL, that's why it was chosen.
Mm, I suppose that’s a good reason.

Anyways, Boros being Rel+, possibly higher is technically what his profile already is, his justifications just need to be slightly edited and the verse page should be edited to reflect the changes so if someone could unlock Boros’ page, I can apply this.

Also Murata statements are only worth possibly ratings and that contradicts ONE saying that it was near the speed of light, not exactly the speed of light.

Just saying, near could be 99.99999... SoL, and it would fit more with Murata's more precise statement. Plus, narratively it makes more sense for Boros to be LS instead of leagues below someone like PS.

Also Murata statements are only worth possibly ratings and that contradicts ONE saying that it was near the speed of light, not exactly the speed of light.
He never said "exactly" that speed, he said about that speed. Which makes me propose 0.75c as the actual rating (almost lightspeed statement by ONE), with a possibly 0.9c (about lightspeed statement by Murata)

Honestly, we're really misinterpreting "approximately lightspeed" for the sake of argument.

? It's "possibly" because we don't know what exactly did he meant with "almost lightspeed".

The 0.75c is just the interpretation we decided to go back then with a similar statement.
It's not "possibly", the statement is not vague or non definitive, it's a flat out statement that Boros kicked Saitama at approximately the speed of light, backed by Murata on Twitter.

How we interpret "approximately" is a whole other story (although going for the absolute consensus of common sense is preferable), but the value we decide have to be a definitive rating, rather than a possible one.

Plus, narratively it makes more sense for Boros to be LS instead of leagues below someone like PS.
Boros is probably gonna be stated to be equal to Garou in 2-3 chapters but until then we don’t have any solid evidence that he scales to the constellation feat.

I'm sorry but why are people choosing the 0.56c end? The 0.44 end is when Saitama actually hits the moon

I'm sorry but why are people choosing the 0.56c end? The 0.44 end is when Saitama actually hits the moon
... uh, a whole statement stating that the kick was in fact, approximately lightspeed?

and Saitama got to the Moon in the 0.56c end, so the average distance is perfectly usable.

What? Saitama was already right above the surface of the moon before he actually hit it, why would we use the moment when he hit the moon when we can clearly see he was already there?

Murata said that Saitama got launched to the moon at about light speed

ONE said that Saitama got launched to the moon at approximately/almost light speed

How does .44c or .56c fit any of that? .75c is good, but .9c makes the most sense by far, especially when Boros should scale above Gery, who is .75c based on statements of being near/sub light speed.

I can agree with 0.75c since there’s actual reasoning behind it, but 0.9c is still a number that’s being pulled out of nowhere.

Down below, scroll down slowly.
It is also described as "almost the same", so ~90's makes sense.
"very similar; nearly identical"
Okay, I found it, however you should note that example actually says “something like 96 percent, half, etc.” It’s not saying that approximately is specifically 96%, it’s saying that it can be in that range and even lists halfway as being in that range as well.
Yeah, I saw that, that's being used as a similar word to approximate, rather than describing the word itself.
This source states it's 85% of the value, apparently. I am looking for exact values in definitions, which might allow us to stay away from bias.

I don’t think the word “approximately” is tied to a specific value. It just means roughly/around/nearly/almost/approaching/ect.
Yeah, but saying "almost 100%" can, for some reason, vary from person to person.

Some might say 80 is almost 100, because 8 is almost 10, and etc. So exact values are preferable.

Specifically in relation to word length, and it also says that “Approximately shall be limited to a variance of not more than five (5) percentage points from the 85%” which means it could also be down to 80 or up to 90. So again, a range of values.
I don’t think arbitrarily cherrypicking a specific dictionary site solves that issue.
Agreed. I still think the most logical thing to do would be to use the anime timeframe or just do 75% since it’s an average.

Agreed. I still think the most logical thing to do would be to use the anime timeframe or just do 75% since it’s an average.
3/4 is not approximately 4/4. If I take 1/4 of a circle away from a circe, is that approximately, or about a full circle? No.

3/4 is not approximately 4/4. If I take 1/4 of a circle away from a circe, is that approximately, or about a full circle? No.
Yeah, actually, I don’t see why that couldn’t be considered approximately. It’s almost like that word isn’t set at a specific number or something.

Back