• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros Speed Revision

The Anime time frame is concrete and doesn’t require mental backflips to justify so I’m for that.

So, we are NOT using the statements, right? We're discarding them completely, I hope. Because we cannot settle on a value for the statement itself, and the 56 is completely separate from what both ONE and Murata said.
Feats trump what you may think is realistic, the timeframe was shown in the anime and would mean that the feat is 0.56c or 0.44c. Hell, the definition of relativistic is a speed near that of light's.
Again, near and approximately/about/almost, while meaning proximity, mean very, very different levels of proximity.

I realize I am arguing for something that cannot be solidly proven, which is how a word is used in society. By playing devil's advocate, this whole "common sense" thing falls apart.
No one in this planet, or nearly no one, uses the word "almost" to describe a near 2x difference, but since the word itself is not tied to any specific value, the interpretation is not outright invalid.

"At least [Anime value], possibly/likely [Tentacle ******/85-99/whatever value]".

Surely this shouldn't be that hard?

"At least [Anime value], possibly/likely [Tentacle ******/85-99/whatever value]".
Doing 0.56c, possibly 0.75c was suggested earlier in the thread and I was perfectly fine with doing that. Then the debate started up again.

Well, doing that covers both ends, of which neither are inherently wrong so put me down for that.

That’s correct. Hence why the ones gotten from the anime timeframe require the least amount of assumptions.

Well as a note, I think that if we accept Gery at 0.75c then its likely that Boros' thing is supposed to be faster. I say that because the language used by Murata is different than in the artbook (亜光速 vs ほぼ光速), Boros shocked Saitama with his speed compared to Gery, and that the twitter quote implies speeds closer to light than further away.

So based on that I say that if we aren't going with 56% SoL, keeping it at 90% isn't that wild. That or like, noting in the possibly higher section that the language used implied a higher level of lightspeed compared to Gery.

Back