• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Released/Armor Boros Speed

Arguments against the OP:

• Gery is Boros's subordinate, he's just faster (no proof required + Armored Boros is featless + Saitama's has reactions to Gery's throws and 0 reactions to Released Boros's anything, psychic powers don't scale to physicals)
  • Dubious reply to non-existent tweet where someone relevant to the series thinks Boros kicked Saitama to the moon in 1.25 seconds (a hair over light speed, would be the first official mention of light speed Boros anywhere, even considering other interviews)
  • "Just because Saitama was launched at near-LS doesn't mean Boros was capped at that speed" (basically the momentum equivalent of using FTL KE if you calculated this which is why this upgrade avenue was rejected many times in the past)

Did I miss anything? (I did)

-Boros can be a higher tier of sub-light speed and everything else would still be valid (see point 1)

Saitama was already attacked by Gery in the previous chapter. That is - prior to the actual feat I am referencing. He was surprised the first time, and after the first attack.
Incorrect. Saitama got hit once, and then showed interest, which carried over until right before he got hit the second time.
As far "In Saitama's eyes rocks at sub-light speed is nothing, it's like a bad joke." statement, the subject of that statement is the rocks
Also incorrect. What was nothing to Saitama is rocks AT sub-light speeds, not rocks themselves. We know this isn't true because of his fight with Tatsumaki. If Murata wanted to say that rocks as an attack is like a bad joke to Saitama, he'd say "In Saitama's eyes, using rocks as an attack is nothing, it's like a bad joke," rather than specifically pointing out their speed and what it looks like in Saitama's POV. This is basic grammar and reading comprehension.
"Rocks at sub-light speed" is entirely different from "sub-light speed is a joke"
"Rocks at sub-light speed is nothing" is the same as "sub-light speed is a joke." I don't know how else to explain this to you.
Even if he did specifically single out sub-light speed, is he referring to Gery's specific speed, or all speed under light speed in general?
They aren't mutually exclusive. In the full quote, "Saitama still beat him with a casual stone throw though. In Saitama's eyes rocks at sub-light speed is nothing, it's like a bad joke," he was referring to Geryuganshoop's attacks, but looking at the quote more generally, Murata is saying that Geryuganshoop's attacks are like a joke to and can be overcome with a casual attack because sub-light attacks are nothing to Saitama.
The energy used to propel the kick was attached to Saitama at the same time of these events. He was basically a part of Boros's body in that instance.
Incorrect as well.

Meteoric Burst is a transformation that allows Boros' latent energy flow out of and within his body semi-passively. He can use this flowing energy to enhance his attacks via propulsion. It's not possible for the energy that Boros uses as a propelling force to attack someone to somehow transfer into that person as a propelling force because that's not how his energy works. It's not a magic energy elevator that can be used to move people. It's literally just Boros turning himself into a rocket ship.
The energy protects Saitama from burning up. Surely you don't think Boros is intentionally looking out for Saitama's wellbeing?
That's not what I think. That's what Murata thinks.
oW9tNGh.png

ただ蹴り上げただけだと大気圏内で服が 燃えて素っ裸になってる筈なので(服は普通の材質 なのです)エネルギーで相手を包み込んで ほぼ光速ではじき出す技という事にして、 摩擦熱の疑問を解消しようとしたんですね。 でも何故帰りの大気圏突入で服が無事 なのか・・・ うーん、きっとボロスのエネルギーが まだ身体に残ってたんですよ・・・! (汗)

If he had just kicked his opponent, his clothes would have burned in the atmosphere and he would have been stripped naked (his clothes are made of ordinary material), so Boros tried to solve the question of frictional heat by using the technique of wrapping his opponent in energy and kicking him out at almost the speed of light. But why did his clothes survive the atmospheric entry on the way back? (sweat)

Arguments against the OP:

• Gery is Boros's subordinate, he's just faster (no proof required + Armored Boros is featless + Saitama's has reactions to Gery's throws and 0 reactions to Released Boros's anything, psychic powers don't scale to physicals)
  • Dubious reply to non-existent tweet where someone relevant to the series thinks Boros kicked Saitama to the moon in 1.25 seconds (a hair over light speed, would be the first official mention of light speed Boros anywhere, even considering other interviews)
  • "Just because Saitama was launched at near-LS doesn't mean Boros was capped at that speed" (basically the momentum equivalent of using FTL KE if you calculated this which is why this upgrade avenue was rejected many times in the past)

Did I miss anything? (I did)

-Boros can be a higher tier of sub-light speed and everything else would still be valid (see point 1)
When summarizing arguments like this, it's preferrable to just leave the arguments as is without including any of this commentary - as it comes off as very biased rather than an actual summary. It's easy for one side to downplay the other's arguments to achieve a desired result, which is not particularly healthy to have

Incorrect. Saitama got hit once, and then showed interest, which carried over until right before he got hit the second time.
One is during a conversation. Another is done after he's had time to change his posture and watch the attack develop before him. The scene cut also does not serve the idea that he was just dumbfounded the entire time.
aHR0cHM6Ly93dzEub25lcHVuY2gub25saW5lLw%3D%3D

Also incorrect. What was nothing to Saitama is rocks AT sub-light speeds, not rocks themselves. We know this isn't true because of his fight with Tatsumaki.
Evidence from 150 chapters in the future. It's already established that Tatsumaki can't throw fast like Gery due to friction. Also she's throwing boulders not random gravel. And since Tatsumaki throws explicitly slower than Gery but Saitama says "that looks like it could be fun too" to her throwing rocks while staring in amazement, it becomes clearer that the issue/joke is not speed.
If Murata wanted to say that rocks as an attack is like a bad joke to Saitama, he'd say "In Saitama's eyes, using rocks as an attack is nothing, it's like a bad joke," rather than specifically pointing out their speed and what it looks like in Saitama's POV. This is basic grammar and reading comprehension.
If he wanted to convey sub-light speed is a bad joke, he wouldn't need to hide it behind the disguise of pebbles. He could just address the speed directly. Saitama getting booted at sub-light speeds then saying "now this looks like a real fight" disagrees with that notion. And before you say "that's because Boros is strong", look up the kinetic energy formula.
Incorrect as well.

Meteoric Burst is a transformation that allows Boros' latent energy flow out of and within his body semi-passively. He can use this flowing energy to enhance his attacks via propulsion. It's not possible for the energy that Boros uses as a propelling force to attack someone to somehow transfer into that person as a propelling force because that's not how his energy works. It's not a magic energy elevator that can be used to move people. It's literally just Boros turning himself into a rocket ship.
Out of all the attacks Boros landed on Saitama, the moon kick was the only one that wrapped him in energy. He was also wrapped in said energy prior to making knee contact with Saitama. On that note, idk. You provided the scans that said that's exactly what Boros did, wrap Saitama in energy. But I'm not saying the energy itself moved Saitama. I'm saying Saitama was literally a part of his body when he used the energy to perform that kick, which in turn wrapped him in energy.
That's not what I think. That's what Murata thinks.
He basically says Boros had consideration for Saitama's clothes, so he wrapped him in energy and kicked him to the moon. At speeds so fast, the 25km range for which objects can burn up would be insignificant (meteors burn at triple digit mach, nothing has been recorded at 6 digit mach). Yet he realizes he wrote himself into a hole since Saitama does not experience these effects when he jumps.

That whole response is illogical around the board. Doesn't matter too much, but still.

When summarizing arguments like this, it's preferrable to just leave the arguments as is without including any of this commentary - as it comes off as very biased rather than an actual summary. It's easy for one side to downplay the other's arguments to achieve a desired result, which is not particularly healthy to have
I think it's valid to include both side's arguments, though I should've labeled it as such but it's too late now. I understand your perspective.

Anyway I'm going to sleep for the night, we can continue this later.

I think it's valid to include both side's arguments, though I should've labeled it as such but it's too late now. I understand your perspective.

Anyway I'm going to sleep for the night, we can continue this later.
I appreciate it. I do recognize my wording was iffy, and I should've fixed that, but I'm glad to still see a more ambivalent response like this. Frankly it means a lot with how things can get

That aside, we can pick this up tomorrow then.

its not only the power of the kick that made saitama move to the moon at near speed light speed.
its the latent energy of boros. when boros kicked saitama, it wrap him in energy then fling him out nearly at the speed of light.

saitama is casually stopping sub light speed attack in front of boros yet boros is confident even after knowing it. also saying saitama only treated it as a joke because it was a rock doesnt mean much. because it would still make it that he sees it as a joke totally. including the speed. in the end, rocks that flying at sub light speed is a joke to saitama.

at the very least, i believe released boros and above should still have the speed scaling but there is the fact that armored boros has no feat or statement. im fine if only he's losing it. even if he was confident, not like he was thinking of having his greatest fight with his powers sealed. his confidence wouldnt come from that.

Back