• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Which is a problem, because nobody is gonna agree to Boros being stronger than Tatsumaki yet, regardless of it it’s true
playing it safe is the key here, the goal is to actually get it accepted, not to be the most accurate.
I mean it’s pretty straight forward. They could argue “god and blast” but they’re explicitly in other dimensions

I really wonder if people themselves believe that Tatsumaki can tear apart the most inspiring One-Punch Man villain after Garou with one finger? Do they really believe without irony that Tatsumaki is so much stronger than Boros? Do they really believe Genos can One Shot Boros? I'm pretty sure they know deep down that Tatsumaki is weaker.
I’ve seen people say that they agree that Boros is probably stronger, but for some reason usually wouldn’t agree on a crt that he’s stronger
Everyone already knows Boros is stronger than Ororchi, I just need to put the reason why into words.

I’ve seen people say that they agree that Boros is probably stronger, but for some reason usually wouldn’t agree on a crt that he’s stronger
Everyone already knows Boros is stronger than Ororchi, I just need to put the reason why into words.
Because the wiki rules, I guess.

Because the wiki rules, I guess.
There’s no rule against it
the rule is just “if the staff agree, then it can be added” and that’s the end all be all
If they really wanted to, they could just give Boros his Ororchi scaling right now and nobody could do a thing about it

I think I’m going to get to work on actually making the crt today
I think the evidence is significantly beyond the bare minimum to pass, I’m just making sure that some people (probably damage) don’t try to shoot it down in 2 seconds
I just need to make sure that I know what proof to use and which proof not to use
Boros > Orochi is an extremely obvious thing and should be simple enough to get applied as long as I don’t overshoot

Anybody wanna help set up the Boros > Ororchi thread?
I’ve basically got all the evidence and arguments but I’m too lazy to actually make the thread, nor do I want the burden of actually applying the changes if it does go through

here they are
it includes the evidence that saitama sees orochi as weak, the vast amount of statements that he sees boros as strong, the examples of boros consistently enduring normal punches that turn orochi to goop, and the statement that boros was the strongest in the universe
now....any questions?

here they are
it includes the evidence that saitama sees orochi as weak, the vast amount of statements that he sees boros as strong, the examples of boros consistently enduring normal punches that turn orochi to goop, and the statement that boros was the strongest in the universe
now....any questions?

This looks solid, are you aiming for a full rating?

This looks solid, are you aiming for a full rating?
only a possibly rating, since it has the highest chance of actually going through
it can't be forgotten that this is the most controversial character in the verse and honestly has the lowest chance of ever getting upgraded
I'm just aiming for the bare minimum, and after its accepted I may move on to tatsumaki?

Didn't Boros say that Saitama was lying about the fourth one?
yes, but in the imgur I say that Saitama was invested into the fight heavily enough to even care enough to lie to boros about it
the logic is that if he thought orochi could maybe give him a better fight than boros, maybe he would have done anything even remotely similar to this, but he doesn't

DEMO OF BOROS>OROCHI THREAD

I dread this, but luckily the evidence really will speak more for itself. The proposal of this crt is for Lord Boros to get a "possibly higher" rating indicating he potentially scales above orochi.
I'm going to go from the least strong to most strong point, starting with...

1. Boros tanks normal punches that turn orochi into goop.
Okay, so saitama's not a very consistent source of scaling usually, however it is important to note that saitama does start battles with normal punches, and saves his serious ones for opponents that can't be beaten otherwise
IMG_0401.jpg

more importantly, saitama was clearly a bit surprised by Boros still standing after being hit with that punch, which of course would make no sense if he just happened to throw out a weaker punch that day or something
even more importantly, meteoric burst boros later in the fight still takes another punch that was clearly stronger than the one from the start of the fight.
This alone doesn't prove much, I will admit, but it is a starting point. I think it's fair to bring up that Orochi is consistently being completely obliterated by the punches that saitama throws at the very beginning of his fights, while boros withstands multiple of saitama's normal punches.
In terms of author intent, pre redraw orochi fight makes it even more clear as saitama straight up tells orochi "that was a normal punch" that was able to one shot him, but as we all know, the fight was retconned for unrelated reasons (muh god plot)

2. Saitama sees orochi as weak, and boros as very strong
I know that "he called him strong" is a meme at this point, but this isn't my main argument really, however it is important to give credit where it is due, because saitama really REALLY sees boros as a powerhouse
"he was a hell of a tough guy, probably the toughest I've faced so far"
"now this looks more like a real fight"
"yeah, you are strong"
and he lies about it being a good battle for both of them, but it does show that he gave enough of a **** about Boros to do so, something that he does not even come close to giving to orochi.
More importantly, he sees Orochi as weak, which is the most damning part about this. In the scans given, you can see that Saitama didn't even know orochi was the monster king, and assumed that "monster king orochi" was the name of Ororchi's dad, while he thought the actual orochi was just "the bath monster"
further supported by the fact that Gaia Cannon was seen by saitama as being "splashing in the tub" which is not only insanely disrespectful, but clearly shows a significant level of being unimpressed by Orochi's full power final attack, vs boros who he was already calling strong before he even used meteoric burst.
as for how this would look
"At least high 6-A ([current justification]) possibly far higher (was considered to be strong, tough, and almost a real fight by saitama, while he considered Gaia cannon to be nothing but splashing in a tub"
sound familiar? Of course, that is the exact same logic we use for flashy flash's scaling above geryuganshoop's speed, except even stronger because we have not one, but TWO statements showing saitama most likely thinks Orochi was a weakling. Additionally, there are not one, but FOUR TO FIVE statements of saitama literally ********** the hell out of boros for him being strong.
3. The good shit
this one speaks for itself. Boros....was the strongest in the universe next to saitama, and their fight would determine who was the true strongest
"but Orochi was still eating sacrifices and got stronger" I hear you say
however, you may recall...that not before long, Ororchi's sacrifices became too weak for him to gain any meaningful level of power from them anymore, and after only draining earth's energy once, he went back to slaughtering fodder sacrifices instead while pretending to obey Psykos.
and no, blast and god are not in the universe at this time, so don't even start with that
and don't bring up tatsumaki, that topic is way too scary for use Boners (Boros fans) and we aren't handling it here
Ladies and gentlemen, this is the DEFINITIVE boros statement, nothing else comes close.
critique away, boners.

After reading it all, i don't see nothing wrong with it, though, what about that thing about Saitamas "first punch"? Does that have some weight or is entirely bs?
That thing is anime only, and after some debate about it I think I recall it being a bit strict about "no anime" from a staff member (unless it's timeframes, any minor details...basically anything except a boros upgrade)
but it's not too vital, so it's probably okay without it

DEMO OF BOROS>OROCHI THREAD

critique away, boners.
This just sounds like Boros would still scale to 8 petatons but possibly scale far higher instead of straight up scaling above Orochi's 5 Exatons

In terms of utility for versus debates, it's kinda useless

That thing is anime only, and after some debate about it I think I recall it being a bit strict about "no anime" from a staff member (unless it's timeframes, any minor details...basically anything except a boros upgrade)
but it's not too vital, so it's probably okay without it
Ok, also, do you think its better to adress the counterarguments about the databook in the OP? Like the outdated, hyperbole stuff?

This just sounds like Boros would still scale to 8 petatons but possibly scale far higher instead of straight up scaling above Orochi's 5 Exatons

In terms of utility for versus debates, it's kinda useless
I mean it's just worded like that cause they're both already high 6-A
I can't do "at least high 6-A, possibly high 6-A" so the higher has to be there, even if it is weird

I mean it's just worded like that cause they're both already high 6-A
I can't do "at least high 6-A, possibly high 6-A" so the higher has to be there, even if it is weird
I think you can actually, especially if the difference (even if its the same tier) is this high.

Back