• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Anyways the manga-canon guidebook already mentions that saitama’s “one punch strategy” didn’t work against Boros so perhaps that will be sufficient

We could treat it similarly to author statement. No reason we can accept Murata’s non-canon opinions for possibly ratings, but we can’t accept anything from the ONE approved anime
I’m not entirely sure why we accept Murata statements anyway, so you're not helping your case here.

The manga and anime are different continuities. The story of the anime isn’t dissimilar enough to warrant its own profiles, but it’s still a different continuity and can’t be conflated with the manga.
That is, when we need to take timeframes for the same scene from manga and anime, we take a timeframe from anime. But, when we need to take a description of the same scene, which was in the anime and in the manga without a single change, we cannot take a description of the same scene from the anime.

Why? This does not even contradict the manga somehow, such as the destruction of the planet.

That is, when we need to take timeframes for the same scene from manga and anime, we take a timeframe from anime. But, when we need to take a description of the same scene, which was in the anime and in the manga without a single change, we cannot take a description of the same scene from the anime.

Why? This does not even contradict the manga somehow, such as the destruction of the planet.
Because the timeframe thing is only done when we have literally no way of determining a timeframe from the manga. If the anime and manga have identical scenes and we don’t need to get a timeframe... why would we use the anime at all? The profiles are for the manga, there’s no reason to use the anime unless we absolutely have no choice.

Holy shit I complete forgot about how we sometimes take timeframes from the anime
We literally always do this. Once upon a time, the sea king had a speed of 1000 times faster than the sound until we took a timeframe from anime.
you’re a genius Cyber Vergil
media

Because the timeframe thing is only done when we have literally no way of determining a timeframe from the manga. If the anime and manga have identical scenes and we don’t need to get a timeframe... why would we use the anime at all? The profiles are for the manga, there’s no reason to use the anime unless we absolutely have no choice.
We take anime in 100% of cases when we need to find the timeframe of movements from point A to point B, because this is the most reliable (Anime is moving pictures). There are exceptions only when the timeframe is specified directly in the manga, but in this case, the timeframe is also specified directly in the anime.

I don't understand why we can't take a description from an anime book that describes the same event that happened in both the manga and the anime WITHOUT A SINGLE CHANGE? This is literally the same scene, with the same semantic load, the same poses. Hell, there's not even any controversy, it's just that the manga books had a slightly different storytelling style, so they didn't describe the scene.

We can definitely use the anime book for this scene as well as the timeframes. We can't give the planet level to Boros because we have a conflict with the manga, however, we don't have any conflict with Saitama's normal punch.

The point is, when there is no information suggesting otherwise, we use information from the anime, which does change things a bit from the idea that you proposed in which they are completely different continuities

The point is, when there is no information suggesting otherwise, we use information from the anime, which does change things a bit from the idea that you proposed in which they are completely different continuities
It’s not when there’s no information suggesting otherwise, it’s when WE HAVE LITERALLY NO OTHER CHOICE.

It’s not when there’s no information suggesting otherwise, it’s when WE HAVE LITERALLY NO OTHER CHOICE.
It’s proof that the wiki sees the anime as canon to the manga to some extent, which is a massive difference from being a “different continuity”
If you’re gonna keep insisting this then I’d ask you to provide the actual proof of a standard or something supporting your claim existing, rather than just people taking your word for it.

Because if the anime was truly “non canon” then we wouldn’t ever take timeframes from it
but it’s done all the time, I’ve seen it done in jojo too.

The anime guidebook statement is even vaguely supported by what we see in the scene itself and the Boros manga guidebook page too, so
it should be completely safe to take as a statement.

Because if the anime was truly “non canon” then we wouldn’t ever take timeframes from it
but it’s done all the time, I’ve seen it done in jojo too.
Anime timeframe for Melzagand.

An anime timeframe for Deep Sea King.

Anime timeframe for Choze.

Anime timeframe for Hammerhead.

Just wait for seasons 3 and 4 of One Punch Man, you will see even more recalculations with anime timeframes, at least Orochi will definitely meet this fate. And that's just what I found now. And those that are currently used, there were even more of them before.

Anyways going back to Boros scaling above Orochi, here’s a quick rundown of the current evidence and reasoning

4 instances of saitama showing that he sees Boros as really strong
2 instances of Saitama heavily implying that he sees Ororchi as weak or just not strong
Along with 2 instances of Boros withstanding a normal punch, and 1 instance of Ororchi being completely annihilated and blown up by a normal punch
And then maybe something else idk.

I’m definitely gonna bring up the consistency of saitama’s normal punch too, since nobody that Saitama isn’t trying not to kill ever survives his first punch, except Boros, while Ororchi is killed by a normal punch and is even specifically noted to be a “normal punch” in the pre redraw version, but that’s not canon so I wouldn’t put that part of it in the crt
still seems pretty clear that Armored Boros possibly has a far higher durability than Ororchi based on this.

Also I should also use the “I kill everyone with a normal punch” since it suggests that saitama uses the same starting punching that kills everyone. Rover doesn’t count of course since saitama was being friendly to him and was likely trying not to kill him, as black sperm suggests in the new chapters that he is someone who doesn’t kill something that’s like an animal or pet

For some context to people who don't know about this, we were previously using the manga to assume raindrops were frozen for a snail speed calculation.
It was complete nonsense. We didn't even know how far they moved. It's good that we took the timeframe from the anime.

I hate you

And i can't read shit
From Space
newcomers
"this is the work of the gods
Ankoku Empire
Threats Part 2
Dark bandits at the mercy of intruders
inside the city
infiltrate inside
a line of people
hope
a ray of hope
earth's surface
ray of hope
spread
The offensive and defensive battles were fought on the ground
from a moment ago
I've been trying so hard...
I can't seem to get this thing down.
for a while
I can't get in
for a long time
to enter the spaceship while
success
object (e.g., a ship, an aircraft, a ship's crew, etc.)
of a ship
who succeeded. The identity of that
B-class
So, B-class hero Saitama!
Eastern Railway Ministry of Transportation, one after another
billions of yen
while killing one bandit leader after another in seconds
destroying the ship
should be an internal
the sea
and destroying every single inner wall of the
But the universe's
Liketolerant or just
X
those who seemed to be
continued to fight a lonely battle alone...
I did, didn't I?
eye of the storm
the first shot [class A
30th [class S]~35th [crash] shot
attack, a sudden stop
The spaceship was so stubborn that it did not sink no matter how many times it was subjected to the one-punch attack of a special attacker.
The invasion of a lone B-class hero left the combatants
are bewildered, but they attempt a desperate counterattack!
retrofitted with the latest
despair
Hopelessness lurking in the deepest part
internal
destruction
tadpole
While destroying the interior, Saitama arrived at the
deepest part of the city
inner sanctum
hoko (Japanese word for spearhead)
man
The deepest part ... there awaits Boros, the strongest man in the universe! Here and now, the strongest of mankind
now
humanity's most powerful man in the universe
the most powerful man in the universe
battle
begins
The battle for the strongest in the universe begins.

Dark Matter
Head of Dark Matter
87 2

see bolded stuff

From Space
newcomers
"this is the work of the gods
Ankoku Empire
Threats Part 2
Dark bandits at the mercy of intruders
inside the city
infiltrate inside
a line of people
hope
a ray of hope
earth's surface
ray of hope
spread
The offensive and defensive battles were fought on the ground
from a moment ago
I've been trying so hard...
I can't seem to get this thing down.
for a while
I can't get in
for a long time
to enter the spaceship while
success
object (e.g., a ship, an aircraft, a ship's crew, etc.)
of a ship
who succeeded. The identity of that
B-class
So, B-class hero Saitama!
Eastern Railway Ministry of Transportation, one after another
billions of yen
while killing one bandit leader after another in seconds
destroying the ship
should be an internal
the sea
and destroying every single inner wall of the
But the universe's
Liketolerant or just
X
those who seemed to be
continued to fight a lonely battle alone...
I did, didn't I?
eye of the storm
the first shot [class A
30th [class S]~35th [crash] shot
attack, a sudden stop
The spaceship was so stubborn that it did not sink no matter how many times it was subjected to the one-punch attack of a special attacker.
The invasion of a lone B-class hero left the combatants
are bewildered, but they attempt a desperate counterattack!
retrofitted with the latest
despair
Hopelessness lurking in the deepest part
internal
destruction
tadpole
While destroying the interior, Saitama arrived at the
deepest part of the city
inner sanctum
hoko (Japanese word for spearhead)
man
The deepest part ... there awaits Boros, the strongest man in the universe! Here and now, the strongest of mankind
now
humanity's most powerful man in the universe
the most powerful man in the universe
battle
begins
The battle for the strongest in the universe begins.

Dark Matter
Head of Dark Matter
87 2

see bolded stuff
Boros above God?? Lets fuckingg goooooooooooooo

Anyways in all seriousness, the scan I posted is actually pretty nice
since "the battle for strongest in the universe" all but directly confirms that boros directly scales above.....
well...tatsumaki
which, is actually kinda rough since the intention was to just scale him above orochi. But yknow what, we might have to aim bigger. Although maybe I'll just say "he's stronger than however strong Orochi was at the time"

Back