• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros class P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Formula
Screen_Shot_2019-07-02_at_8.37.21_PM.png

• Pv(Boros leg) = Pv(Saitama Body)
  • 8.01921432933 * V/Square root(1 - V^2/299792458 ^2) = 70 * 269813212/Square root(1 - 269813212^2/299792458 ^2)
  • VBoros leg = 2.99332 * 10^8 or 0.99846407743 c

• We have to use the constant acceleration equation for this which is V^2 - U^2/2*S
  • With V being the initial velocity, U being the final velocity and S being the distance traveled
  • 0^2 - 299332000^2/2 * 2.299741288 = 1.03028e+17 m/s^2
  • Now we need the timeframe
  • Which is velocity divided by acceleration
  • 299332000/1.03028e+17 = 2.90534612e-9 seconds
  • 70 * 299332000/Square root(1 - 299332000^2/299792458 ^2) = 378197239385 kgm/s
  • 378197239385/2.90534612e-9 = 1.3017287e+20 Newtons (Class E)
This

Specifically
This

V = Velocity. How is that relativistic Momentum?
  • The current accepted speed is .90c or 269813212 m/s

• 8.01921432933 * V/Square root(1 - V^2/299792458 ^2) = 70 * 269813212/Square root(1 - 269813212^2/299792458 ^2)
You used the Reletivistic Momentum value as your velocity

It should be 269813212 m/s

Also the link you sent me says the leg is 16.6% of the total body not 5%
I have tried to fix it, but the result will not reach the speed of light anyway. However, I didn't pay much attention to it. Am I simply searching for evidence that Boros' kicking speed exceeds the speed of light or not. If not, whatever method you use to determine the LS, I don't have any arguments. That's what I want to say.

Admin's

Calc Members

Please voice your opinion if using the regular force formula until/if we find a solution for relativism
Like I said above it'd be a lowball

• The current accepted speed is .90c or 269813212 m/s

You used the Reletivistic Momentum value as your velocity

It should be 269813212 m/s
269813212 m/s is for The speed at which Saitama reached the moon

299332000 m/s is for Boros kick speed

The speed I found is based on Saitama's movement, using his mass and velocity (0.9 c) to calculate the kicking speed of Boros, derived from the mass of Boros' leg. It represents the velocity of Boros' leg within the timeframe he kicks Saitama upwards. It is not 0.9 c. Therefore, generally speaking, it means that Boros must kick Saitama with a velocity of 0.99 c in order to send him up to the moon with a velocity of 0.9 c.

No? This is just blatantly untrue
saitama would keep moving at .90c after Boros kicked him at .90c
No, I think we have a clear rule that the speed of an object thrown is not equal to the speed of the character.
Note that throwing speed is typically not applied to combat speed, but only treated as attack speed, as it is usually considered a feat of strength more so than a measure of how fast the character can run or fight.
Generally, when an object is thrown, its weight is not equal to that of an arm or a leg. If the object being thrown is lighter than the weight of the arm, the arm will move slower than the speed of the object being propelled. If the object is heavier than the arm, the arm will move faster than the speed of the object being propelled. This is the reason why the consideration of throwing speed being equal to the speed of character movement is necessary.

Boros must kick Saitama with a velocity of 0.99 c in order to send him up to the moon with a velocity of 0.9 c.
I mean, that can work. Boros' aura canonically ignores friction which is why he can achieve near-light speed. If Saitama loses speed due to having greater mass that wouldn't contradict anything.

I mean Boros never moved at 99%sol to begin with
Saitama wouldn’t have lost 9% speed in the 0 seconds between Boros releasing saitama and saitama beginning to fly away, that doesn’t make sense
the current calc is perfectly fine

269813212 m/s is for The speed at which Saitama reached the moon

299332000 m/s is for Boros kick speed

The speed I found is based on Saitama's movement, using his mass and velocity (0.9 c) to calculate the kicking speed of Boros, derived from the mass of Boros' leg. It represents the velocity of Boros' leg within the timeframe he kicks Saitama upwards. It is not 0.9 c. Therefore, generally speaking, it means that Boros must kick Saitama with a velocity of 0.99 c in order to send him up to the moon with a velocity of 0.9 c.
We don't do that kind of momentum scaling for the same reason we don't calculate speed from KE (or any other feats of power)

Edit: Honestly, technically speaking we should determine the timeframe for the kick independent from how fast Saitama flies off for that reason, but I bet people won't like to hear that.

Last edited:
We don't do that kind of momentum scaling for the same reason we don't calculate speed from KE (or any other feats of power)

Edit: Honestly, technically speaking we should determine the timeframe for the kick independent from how fast Saitama flies off for that reason, but I bet people won't like to hear that.
Admin's

Calc Members

Please voice your opinion if using the regular force formula until/if we find a solution for relativism
Like I said above it'd be a lowball

I can understand this matter, so I said it like this
I don't care whether it is my calc accepted or not, as there may be other factors to consider, such as motion or velocity, which may not always be logical. Therefore, using 0.9 c may be safer.
They just don't understand where 0.99 c comes from.
Sure, I've tried explaining several times, but they keep saying I'm repeating myself.

I think right now we just need to stick with the basic F = ma. Thought.

according to the votes yes, but it seems there are still people arguing about it
but this is a simple thread about a simple calc of a simple feat using simple math that’s already been evaluated. The fact that this even reached a 2nd page…

according to the votes yes, but it seems there are still people arguing about it
but this is a simple thread about a simple calc of a simple feat using simple math that’s already been evaluated. The fact that this even reached a 2nd page…
Zillar you need to chill the **** out

Respectively

You have been so passive aggressive every OPM thread I see you in especially when it's Boros

Doing that to Amin's and Moderators isn't gonna make them accept your thread any faster

Let's see what they have to say about the constant acceleration formula

If we want an actual timeframe then it'd be pretty hard to find one that isn't just headcannon

Zillar you need to chill the **** out

Respectively

You have been so passive aggressive every OPM thread I see you in especially when it's Boros

Doing that to Amin's and Moderators isn't gonna make them accept your thread any faster
Sorry, just been losing patience with the new crt limits and 48 hour rules and just generally CRTs being a little more dragged out, on top of some staff (not nearly all of them) being quick to be as frustrating as possible and try to close threads prematurely and trying their hardest not to listen to me. Things have gotten really annoying in the past couple weeks.

Going back on topic, I think the best play here is to apply the current calc and then make a calc discussion thread about it later for the actual value, although I think the current one is fine still.

well at this point, all I can say is that it's technically staff accepted, the calc was technically accepted, and the 48 hours are up
technically speaking, we could apply the existing calc to the profile and then shmeaty could make a calc discussion thread to talk about the actual value of it and we could be done with this one. This is really just a crt to scale Boros to the feat itself, not a calc discussion thread, so I don't think this needs to be delayed any longer if we're all in agreement on that much...

I'm fine with using the regular formula, if you think using the relativistic one is too hard. (nor do I have a problem with the relativistic if it's done correctly. As said, I think it should be gamma^3 * m * a by the document linked in the calc. Fairly sure the currently used formula misinterprets a derivative as a division)

The question is whether we accept that Boros leg had a final velocity of 0.9c, just because Saitama had a velocity of 0.9c. Personally, I would say we technically have no reason to.

The question is whether we accept that Boros leg had a final velocity of 0.9c, just because Saitama had a velocity of 0.9c. Personally, I would say we technically have no reason to.
The final velocity of boros' leg can not be lower than saitama's initial speed after being released, because you're insinuating that Saitama began to accelerate more at the very moment that he was released, which is very much just not how physics works.

When momentum is involved, I understand that speeds are not equal and we cannot use the speed calculated from momentum due to the unpredictable nature of speed or direction in fiction sometimes. However, can't we use at least 0.9 c as a representation? Because regardless, Saitama's mass is still heavier than Boros' leg, and I think it makes sense to give Boros a minimum speed of 0.9 c for movement. I have no problem if we use the speed of the object and apply it to the speed of the leg, except for objects with less mass.

If we decide that Boros' leg is not at 0.9 c, it means that his 0.9 c would only refer to his attack speed. He would be left with only 0.75 c from Geryuganshoop.

When momentum is involved, I understand that speeds are not equal and we cannot use the speed calculated from momentum due to the unpredictable nature of speed or direction in fiction sometimes. However, can't we use at least 0.9 c as a representation? Because regardless, Saitama's mass is still heavier than Boros' leg, and I think it makes sense to give Boros a minimum speed of 0.9 c for movement. I have no problem if we use the speed of the object and apply it to the speed of the leg, except for objects with less mass.

If we decide that Boros' leg is not at 0.9 c, it means that his 0.9 c would only refer to his attack speed. He would be left with only 0.75 c from Geryuganshoop.
There's no need for that.
The kick was .9c, Boros was .9c, and saitama was .9c.

The final velocity of boros' leg can not be lower than saitama's initial speed after being released, because you're insinuating that Saitama began to accelerate more at the very moment that he was released, which is very much just not how physics works.
That's... true in a sense, but in another not.

In an elastic collision the relationship between the velocity of Saitama and leg would be

0.9c (i.e. Saitama velocity after impact) = 2*(mass of leg)/ (mass of leg + mass of Saitama) * final velocity of leg

The factor "2*(mass of leg)/ (mass of leg + mass of Saitama)" can be greater than 1, though, meaning that Saitama would fly off faster than the final velocity of the leg was. That would be the case when (mass of leg) > (mass of Saitama). Now, of course, (mass of Saitama) > (mass of leg) (unless Boros is super dense?), so physically you are right: The leg would need to be at least 0.9c.

However, we technically don't allow speed scaling based on momentum. I.e. the above formula shouldn't be used to figure out speed. But that leaves us with a problem: Without that formula we don't know that Boros leg can not have been slower than Saitama due to the mass difference.

Actually, rewatching the scene, wouldn't we need to take into account that besides his leg Boros was also flying upwards when he does the kick? Like, he actually starts building up force for the kick earlier.

Also, shouldn't the mass be the mass of the leg / his own body instead of Saitama? The thing Boros is accelerating over the given distance is his own leg/body after all, not Saitama.

That's... true in a sense, but in another not.

In an elastic collision the relationship between the velocity of Saitama and leg would be
These are all examples of striking where force is transferred from an object that's already moving. Boros achieved the .9c while saitama was touching his leg regardless of any of this.
You can try it yourself right now. You can throw a light ball, or throw a really heavy ball, but no matter what you do, the ball will never reach a speed faster than the arm that threw it
it is a completely different scenario from someone punching a ball, but either way the ball still can't travel faster than the arm that punched it, regardless of how light it is
but this is a lifting feat to begin with, so that doesn't even matter. The bottom line is that no matter what logic you use, Saitama cannot have traveled faster than Boros' leg did.
Actually, rewatching the scene, wouldn't we need to take into account that besides his leg Boros was also flying upwards when he does the kick? Like, he actually starts building up force for the kick earlier.

Also, shouldn't the mass be the mass of the leg / his own body instead of Saitama? The thing Boros is accelerating over the given distance is his own leg/body after all, not Saitama.
As discussed in the previous thread, both the manga and anime clearly show that saitama was at rest before Boros lifts his leg up in a pulling motion (another anime Boros W) so any movement Boros did before had no bearing on the calc.

Boros kicked him more sideways than upward

At least that the case for the manga which is what were basing this off of
That will be added when I switch it to the final version

Also do we really need to debate the fact that Boros's leg was moving near light speed?

It straight up says it in the calc for it

Ypu2Yyb.png

It refers to the launch itself as being near light speed which mean Boros as well
The panels this text comes from also shows Boros going through the motions of launching Saitama (With the panels of Boros's movement being extra large)

Also do we really need to debate the fact that Boros's leg was moving near light speed?

It straight up says it in the calc for it

Ypu2Yyb.png

It refers to the launch itself as being near light speed which mean Boros as well
The panels this text comes from also shows Boros going through the motions of launching Saitama (With the panels of Boros's movement being extra large)
W

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back