• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros class P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if it's accepted then this shouldn't be too hard to apply

Also most of the debate already happened on the other thread, with like 95% being derail

It's hard to tell because of the lack of scans, but did the calc use the distance Boros' leg traveled, or the distance Boros' leg was in contact with Saitama. Because for momentum based calculations, you only use the timeframe the force was in contact with the object.

Or in this case, how long Boros [foot/leg] was in contact with Saitama. Not the entire distance it covered. Which would only increase the result.

I do agree of course, not that my vote matters.

It's hard to tell because of the lack of scans, but did the calc use the distance Boros' leg traveled, or the distance Boros' leg was in contact with Saitama. Because for momentum based calculations, you only use the timeframe the force was in contact with the object.

Or in this case, how long Boros [foot/leg] was in contact with Saitama. Not the entire distance it covered. Which would only increase the result.

I do agree of course, not that my vote matters.
the latter
only the best for chad boros

Did someone say P-class Boros? Well I agree (Not that non-employee opinions carry any weight), I have seen all the arguments that were discussed in the previous thread and they are sound.

OH SHIT

I was gonna make a calc discussion thread for this because a few members didnt agree with it being usable for LS

But I guess we can just discuss it here

I can see why. It is from a kick. Though given the foot is in contact with Saitama for over a meter, I think it warrants being considered a "push" of sorts.

I can see why. It is from a kick. Though given the foot is in contact with Saitama for over a meter, I think it warrants being considered a "push" of sorts.
I argued this in the last thread but

What we see here is literally just a leg extension using Saitama as the weight
The initial kick puts Boros's knee into Saitama's chest which is a AP feat however before he can even travel the horizontal angle he launched him at; Boros uses his quads to redirect the entirety of Saitama's momentum upwards in a lifting like motion
An extremely quick leg extension is still a leg extension which is LS

In conclusion Boros has godly quads and didn't skip leg day

3nKfovB.png

Did the calc even use the acceleration value? It looked like they just went on to calc the force using the relativistic momentum formula.

Then why even calculate it???
Still the formula F=ma , p= F*t are closely related ,derived from Newton's second law.
momentum = Force *time
mass*velocity = Force*time
and velocity/time = acceleration , no matter what.

If such bypassing is allowed, then i have no problem

Still the formula F=ma , p= F*t are closely related ,derived from Newton's second law.
momentum = Force *time
mass*velocity = Force*time
and velocity/time = acceleration , no matter what.

If such bypassing is allowed, then i have no problem
Isn't momentum mass x velocity, not force x time?

Lemme pull up my old arguments because i'm not going through this again

I see what Ziller is saying and I looked it up

It turns out Ziller is completely right

I'm not gonna try to explain it but here's what this guy said
"Acceleration and speed a fundamentally different things. Speed is the change in position over time. Acceleration is the change in speed over time. Relativity limits speed not acceleration."

Some more sources:

So since Boros's kick is not FTL and Acceleration has no upper limit, the Class P calc would be valid

Last edited:
No

He doesn't move his leg faster than light

Acceleration can exceed lightspeed because velocity and acceleration are two separate things

I apologize since I'm not to good at explaining this since I'm not well versed in this type of stuff so please refer to my sources above

I'll also give a real life example
This is my source:https://atomicarchive.com/resources/documents/effects/glasstone-dolan/chapter2.html

A 1 Megaton Nuke expands to 440 feet across in 0.0007 seconds

For ease lets convert feet to meters 440 feet = 134.112 meters

Acceleration: 2 × (63.14258 - 0 × 0.0007) / 0.0007² = 257724816.3 m/s^2 or around 85% the speed of light

Which is ridiculous we know nuke explosions don't travel anywhere near those speeds

Another Example

I run 50 meters in .5 seconds

My Velocity is 100 m/s

However my Acceleration is 400 m/s^2

Does that mean I ran 400 m/s second? No it doesn't

I wish I could break down the exact science of it but just know that you don't actually move at those speeds

Also as stated in the links above Acceleration can go beyond Lightspeed

Edit: Also for a fun fact that I found out via my sources above

If we accept planck time as the least amount of time you can use then the theoretical limit to Acceleration is 10^52 meters/second^2.

Nowhere close to what we got on our calcs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back