• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros class P

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea why people say "FTL acceleration isn't allowed", even though there's irl objects which have acceleration that vastly exceeds 299,792,458 m/s^2
Take neutron stars for example, which have surface gravities of like 2 billion Gs, or over 19,614,000,000 m/s^2.

In fact, physicists actually say that there is no theorical limit to how fast something can accelerate.
In other words: "You can accelerate as fast as you damn well please, as long as the speed you achieve doesn't reach or exceed the speed of light during acceleration"

But if there is an actual limit, it would be WAY higher than what is mentioned here.
Which a report from Christoph Schiller in 2004 assumes 3.932e+51 m/s^2 as a limit, as any greater acceleration may cause an event horizon to form.

But don't forget about the Planck Acceleration, which is the acceleration of light at rest moving a Planck Length.
Which is equal to 5.5608e+51 m/s^2; slightly higher than Christoph Schiller's proposal.

Which the Planck Acceleration may be the fastest acceleration science can comprehend, though there is no theorical limit according to physics.

So physics literally say "yeah, FTL acceleration is okay". Not only that, but there's literally EXAMPLES of it. Like, again, neutron stars.

Last edited:
And may I add, if there is a limit to acceleration on the wiki...why not just use the Planck Acceleration as the limit?
As again: It is the fastest acceleration science can comprehend without our understanding of physics falling apart. (Even though there may be faster accelerations (no limit) possible according to physics. But again, this is theoretical)

Huh? The main issue rn is not about FTL acceleration. But is whether the movement speed of Boros' legs is truly 0.9 c, isn't it? I think we should wait for DT's opinion.

Huh? The main issue rn is not about FTL acceleration. But is whether the movement speed of Boros' legs is truly 0.9 c, isn't it? I think we should wait for DT's opinion.
But even if it is 0.9c, it would still be FTL acceleration. So regardless, it still kinda needs to be addressed that """FTL acceleration""" is a very real thing happening in the universe as we speak. Cough, neutron stars, cough

But is whether the movement speed of Boros' legs is truly 0.9 c, isn't it?
It's not an issue.

Saitama was stated to be flying at "near-light speed," which we accept to be 0.9c. Saitama was also stated to have been coated in Boros' aura, which negates friction.

Remember, Saitama was not kicked upwards, he was pushed upwards, which means that since there was nothing slowing Saitama down, the 0.9c speed is the speed that Boros' leg would have to have been moving in order to send Saitama to the moon.

Also do we really need to debate the fact that Boros's leg was moving near light speed?

It straight up says it in the calc for it

Ypu2Yyb.png

It refers to the launch itself as being near light speed which mean Boros as well
The panels this text comes from also shows Boros going through the motions of launching Saitama (With the panels of Boros's movement being extra large)

Saitama is heavier than Boros' leg, I don't see the problem in assuming that his leg was also moving at 0.9c, or even faster, although we can't use that to get higher speeds either.

In the end, it's only 28 kilograms, it's really not that important.
well to be fair
a 28 kilogram Boros W....let's be sure to revisit that in the next thread

Saitama is heavier than Boros' leg, I don't see the problem in assuming that his leg was also moving at 0.9c, or even faster, although we can't use that to get higher speeds either.

Yeah, I agree with using 0.9c from the beginning, but they acted as if I were arguing against it. LMAO.
When momentum is involved, I understand that speeds are not equal and we cannot use the speed calculated from momentum due to the unpredictable nature of speed or direction in fiction sometimes. However, can't we use at least 0.9 c as a representation? Because regardless, Saitama's mass is still heavier than Boros' leg, and I think it makes sense to give Boros a minimum speed of 0.9 c for movement. I have no problem if we use the speed of the object and apply it to the speed of the leg, except for objects with less mass.
The problem is that can we use a speed of at least 0.9c instead of the actual speed that occurs? Because in reality, the speed may be faster, which may be we cannot use. But personally, I'm okay with using 0.9c.

well to be fair
a 28 kilogram Boros W....let's be sure to revisit that in the next thread

Also now that I think about it shouldn't the weight being launched be the weight of Boros's leg + Saitama's weight?

What are ya'lls opinion on this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back