• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boros class P

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand, Boros accelerates from 0 m/s to 0.90c very quickly, but never exceeds 0.90c, so it would still qualify

Not entirely sure if that's how it goes. I suppose technically there's no such thing as "MFTL+ acceleration" because MFTL+ is a unit of speed, not acceleration, that term just came from the high number. I'll wait for more input but change my disagreement to neutral because I've never seen this shit before

Still the formula F=ma , p= F*t are closely related ,derived from Newton's second law.
momentum = Force *time
mass*velocity = Force*time
and velocity/time = acceleration , no matter what.

If such bypassing is allowed, then i have no problem
However, I will say now that it's goofy af to try and do such a roundabout way of hiding such a high acceleration... That just looks shady

From what I understand acceleration is the change in velocity over a given timeframe

The timeframe is what amplifies the value

In this case our timeframe is 1 second which under normal speed wouldn't usually change much however under relativistic speeds results in changes in speed that far surpass lightspeed

However this does not mean they exceed lightspeed

Say I reach a maximum velocity of 100 m/s over the course of .5 seconds

My Acceleration would be 100m/s / .5 seconds which would result in an acceleration value of 200 m/s^2

Does that mean my speed at any point reaches 200 m/s? No, it doesn't

The formula assumes that my rate of change in velocity will remain constant until I reach the full second but that isnt the case

Because the formula assumes Boros's kick will keep accelerating at the same rate until a full second has passed is the reason we get these MFTL+ values

When in reality it stops increasing at .9c at 0.00000000852345692 seconds and doesn't go beyond that

MFTL+ acceleration is a massive no-no. Don't believe me? Ask @DontTalkDT
Doesn't seem to exceed 0.9c in my understanding. As long as the speed in practice stays below it should be fine. (Well, ignoring black hole formation lol)

However, at a glance I think the relativistic gamma isn't applied quite right. Recheck the linked source in the calc, I think it belongs cubed.

Also not sure if the derivation of the timeframe makes sense, since it looks like it assumes constant speed in an acceleration feat, but maybe that's just 'cause I'm tired. Feel like that should use an acceleration process, with a linear one probably doubling the time or something. Idk.

Doesn't seem to exceed 0.9c in my understanding. As long as the speed in practice stays below it should be fine. (Well, ignoring black hole formation lol)
Wait, that's possible as long as the velocity is under 1 c?

Doesn't seem to exceed 0.9c in my understanding.

However, at a glance I think the relativistic gamma isn't applied quite right. Recheck the linked source in the calc, I think it belongs cubed.

Also not sure if the derivation of the timeframe makes sense, since it looks like it assumes constant speed in an acceleration feat, but maybe that's just 'cause I'm tired. Feel like that should use an acceleration process, with a linear one probably doubling the time or something. Idk.
I'll re-check the formula tomorrow

It's late here

Also yea the calc needs some working on but even using mass and acceleration to find force still results in Class P values

Well I tried a new method but the problem is the formula I'm using for relativistic force only accepts final velocity instead of acceleration

So if anyone can find a formula for Relativistic Force that uses Acceleration for a basis that would be appreciated

If we can't find one we could just use the normal formula for force however it wouldn't take into effect relativity and would be less than what it is in reality

If anyone's wondering even using the new method I just employed in my calc and using the basic force formula still results in Class P values, 1.107938069 × 10^18 Newtons to be exact

Best to ignore the relativistic formula value in my calc until we can find something to substitute it

Oh man this is gonna take a while

Funnily enough in the anime, while the windup of the kick happens something akin to a black hole forms around Boros and Saitama lol

From what I understand, Boros accelerates from 0 m/s to 0.90c very quickly, but never exceeds 0.90c, so it would still qualify

Not entirely sure if that's how it goes. I suppose technically there's no such thing as "MFTL+ acceleration" because MFTL+ is a unit of speed, not acceleration, that term just came from the high number. I'll wait for more input but change my disagreement to neutral because I've never seen this shit before
yes, you’re right, mftl+ acceleration has nothing to do with the actual velocity being mftl+

Somehow I got unfollowed from my own thread and now we’re discussing these things that were already talked about before
Come on now everyone

But your speed increase by 200m/s every second. That's why FTL acceleration is not allowed.
Oh my goodness gracious
It was not one second, it was nowhere near a second, it was .00000000852345692 seconds, it did not go past lightspeed
can we just not do this again

Well I tried a new method but the problem is the formula I'm using for relativistic force only accepts final velocity instead of acceleration

So if anyone can find a formula for Relativistic Force that uses Acceleration for a basis that would be appreciated

If we can't find one we could just use the normal formula for force however it wouldn't take into effect relativity and would be less than what it is in reality

If anyone's wondering even using the new method I just employed in my calc and using the basic force formula still results in Class P values, 1.107938069 × 10^18 Newtons to be exact

Best to ignore the relativistic formula value in my calc until we can find something to substitute it
According to gpt4 🗿 the current method you’re using is correct already (I put the whole calc in there and asked it to quadruple check the method) but who knows

Not really, it’s just dumb to rely on AI for calcs

Now please quit the anime villain talk, it’s kinda cringe
Calm the hell down, it’s not like I was the one who made the calc or was a calc member approving it, I was just informing shmeat that it might be fine already and that he might not need to change it
Maybe check the method yourself if you’re gonna get on my ass about it.

I’m calm wdym, I don’t mind verifying the method I just don’t think AI is the best way to do so. Afaik there was a whole thread about the use of AI.

The methodology seemed fine to me, but more input would probably be best

I will address this topic again. In the previous thread, there was no discussion about moving at 0.9c, the motion of the legs is sufficient.

In this wiki, we have a clear rule regarding this matter, stating that throwing an object is just an attack speed, which means we cannot use the velocity of the thrown object to affect the movement speed of the character.
Note that throwing speed is typically not applied to combat speed, but only treated as attack speed, as it is usually considered a feat of strength more so than a measure of how fast the character can run or fight.
It's like throwing a stone at high speed doesn't mean that the moment we throw it, it will move as fast as the stone being thrown away.

But Boros' legs weigh less than Saitama's body, so he must move at least at a speed of 0.9 c.

Yes, that's correct. However, that doesn't mean you can use 0.9 c in the calculation because the speed at which Boros kicks is not 0.9 c, but rather the speed at which Saitama was sent to the moon. Why would you use 0.9 c when you can find the speed of Boros' legs?

Relativistic Momentum​

Info​

• Boros Height = 2.4 m
  • Boros Mass = (2.4/1.7)^3 * 60 = 168.825564828 kg
  • Average leg weight ratio = 4.75%
  • Boros Leg Mass = 168.825564828 * 4.75% = 8.01921432933 kg
  • Saitama Weight = 70 kg
  • The current accepted speed is .90c or 269813212 m/s
Formula
Screen_Shot_2019-07-02_at_8.37.21_PM.png

• Pv(Boros leg) = Pv(Saitama Body)
  • 8.01921432933 * V/Square root(1 - V^2/299792458 ^2) = 70 * 269813212/Square root(1 - 269813212^2/299792458 ^2)
  • VBoros leg = 2.99332 * 10^8 or 0.99846407743 c
Ngl, I initially argued because I thought the speed of Boros' legs exceeded the speed of light, but after calculating, it turned out not to be the case. So, I won't argue about the speed of Boros' legs anymore, LMAO.

And this will also upgrade Boros speed and lift. glad too. If my calculations are right

Sooooo

I will use the method of Shmeatywerbenmanjenson for calculations, only using a new variable.
  • We have to use the constant acceleration equation for this which is V^2 - U^2/2*S
  • With V being the initial velocity, U being the final velocity and S being the distance traveled
  • 0^2 - 299332000^2/2 * 2.299741288 = 1.03028e+17 m/s^2
  • Now we need the timeframe
  • Which is velocity divided by acceleration
  • 299332000/1.03028e+17 = 2.90534612e-9 seconds
  • 70 * 299332000/Square root(1 - 299332000^2/299792458 ^2) = 378197239385 kgm/s
  • 378197239385/2.90534612e-9 = 1.3017287e+20 Newtons (Class E)
Thus, I agree that regardless of the method used, my calculations may be somewhat inaccurate, but I have no reason to argue about Boros' leg speed exceeding the speed of light. The calculations are merely an additional guideline for decision-making, and I don't care whether it is my calc accepted or not, as there may be other factors to consider, such as motion or velocity, which may not always be logical. Therefore, using 0.9 c may be safer.

Thus, I agree that regardless of the method used, my calculations may be somewhat inaccurate, but I have no reason to argue about Boros' leg speed exceeding the speed of light. The calculations are merely an additional guideline for decision-making, and I don't care whether it is my calc accepted or not, as there may be other factors to consider, such as motion or velocity, which may not always be logical. Therefore, using 0.9 c may be safer.
favorite-facts.gif

I mean 0.9c was used not because it was "better" but because of a WoG statement saying the feat was "near light speed"

But idk, I feel like people here are gonna start repeating themselves

I mean 0.9c was used not because it was "better" but because of a WoG statement saying the feat was "near light speed"

But idk, I feel like people here are gonna start repeating themselves
I think you not even read my explanation at all if you type like this.

Again, I AGREE with Upgrade because in my calculations, Boros' kick doesn't reach the speed of light. I just suggested some additional guidelines that might help. I don't understand why you keep thinking I'm repeating myself when I explained quite clearly on this matter.

Why is it always the ******* Boros calcs?

I will address this topic again. In the previous thread, there was no discussion about moving at 0.9c, the motion of the legs is sufficient.

In this wiki, we have a clear rule regarding this matter, stating that throwing an object is just an attack speed, which means we cannot use the velocity of the thrown object to affect the movement speed of the character.

It's like throwing a stone at high speed doesn't mean that the moment we throw it, it will move as fast as the stone being thrown away.

But Boros' legs weigh less than Saitama's body, so he must move at least at a speed of 0.9 c.

Yes, that's correct. However, that doesn't mean you can use 0.9 c in the calculation because the speed at which Boros kicks is not 0.9 c, but rather the speed at which Saitama was sent to the moon. Why would you use 0.9 c when you can find the speed of Boros' legs?
Yeah I already took that into consideration with my new formula

Relativistic Momentum​

Info​

• Boros Height = 2.4 m
  • Boros Mass = (2.4/1.7)^3 * 60 = 168.825564828 kg
  • Average leg weight ratio = 4.75%
  • Boros Leg Mass = 168.825564828 * 4.75% = 8.01921432933 kg
  • Saitama Weight = 70 kg
  • The current accepted speed is .90c or 269813212 m/s
Formula
Screen_Shot_2019-07-02_at_8.37.21_PM.png

• Pv(Boros leg) = Pv(Saitama Body)
  • 8.01921432933 * V/Square root(1 - V^2/299792458 ^2) = 70 * 269813212/Square root(1 - 269813212^2/299792458 ^2)
  • VBoros leg = 2.99332 * 10^8 or 0.99846407743 c
Ngl, I initially argued because I thought the speed of Boros' legs exceeded the speed of light, but after calculating, it turned out not to be the case. So, I won't argue about the speed of Boros' legs anymore, LMAO.

And this will also upgrade Boros speed and lift. glad too. If my calculations are right
I believe this method currently wrong as Relativistic Momentum is the force at 90% c and not the force required to reach 90% in the timeframe we see

Also the link you sent me says the leg is 16.6% of the total body not 5%

Which would result in 1.72428308*10^10 kgm/s

Which by the way is NOT the speed

Sooooo

I will use the method of Shmeatywerbenmanjenson for calculations, only using a new variable.
  • We have to use the constant acceleration equation for this which is V^2 - U^2/2*S
  • With V being the initial velocity, U being the final velocity and S being the distance traveled
  • 0^2 - 299332000^2/2 * 2.299741288 = 1.03028e+17 m/s^2
  • Now we need the timeframe
  • Which is velocity divided by acceleration
  • 299332000/1.03028e+17 = 2.90534612e-9 seconds
  • 70 * 299332000/Square root(1 - 299332000^2/299792458 ^2) = 378197239385 kgm/s
  • 378197239385/2.90534612e-9 = 1.3017287e+20 Newtons (Class E)
This is what were probably gonna end up going with since I can't find a relativistic formula that has what I need

Since I'm kinda tired of this shitshow

Does anyone have a problem with me just using the regular force formula for now and just adding it as that
and maybe sometime in the future if I find a relativistic formula that fits I could update it?

It'd basically function as a lowball for his LS

The formula gets us close to what would be reality

Since I'm kinda tired of this shitshow

Does anyone have a problem with me just using the regular force formula for now and just adding it as that
and maybe sometime in the future if I find a relativistic formula that fits I could update it?

It'd basically function as a lowball for his LS

The formula gets us close to what would be reality
We can probably do that
the feat itself is accepted as an LS upgrade anyways, so I guess there could be a separate calc discussion thread made about the value of the calc itself.

I believe this method currently wrong as Relativistic Momentum is the force at 90% c and not the force required to reach 90% in the timeframe we see
I don't understand exactly what you mean. Are you saying that Boros moves at 0.9 c to send Saitama up with a speed of 0.9 c?
Also the link you sent me says the leg is 16.6% of the total body not 5%
mb. I was in a hurry and didn't check how accurate it was.

As for the rest, I just used your method and changed the variables. If you have any issues with your method, Umm okay.

I don't understand exactly what you mean. Are you saying that Boros moves at 0.9 c to send Saitama up with a speed of 0.9 c?
No, Reletivistic momentum finds the force of an object already going 90% LS not the force required to reach 90% LS in a given time period

It's the force of something already moving basically
mb. I was in a hurry and didn't check how accurate it was.

As for the rest, I just used your method and changed the variables. If you have any issues with your method, Umm okay.
Np

I'm saying that the result you got for relativistic Momentum is NOT the velocity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back