• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Borderlands Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiering Upgrades

Shameless Copy+Paste from my post in a previous thread which just summarized all the big feats worth mentioning from BL3:

The Destroyer is stated to be ripping the planet apart, twice during the final period of Borderlands 3 (which can be seen and felt in game). Pandora is a giant man-made planet built by the Eridians with an upper mantle made entirely out of Eridium. Pandora was made specifically to cage the Destroyer and it is noted that even the Eridians who's reach can "pluck stars from across the void" , built the moo and the Vault of the Serpent (which is a pocket dimension that contains a large amount of stars and a su), took centuries to build Pandora (Which also goes to show how dangerous the Destroyer is to the Eridians). This would get rid of any arguments that would try to claim The Destroyer isn't anything above High 7-C because he can't escape Pandora...but there's more. The Destroyer is stated to literally eat stars twice , the first one is from a character who is the most knowledgable about the Destroyer during the events of Borderlands 3 and the other being the siren who was contacted by the Eridians to seal the Destroyer itself. These statements are backed up again by the another one of the Eridian writings which states "even as stars in the sky above began to wink out" when referring to Eridian's building Pandora while the Destroyer is consuming more and more stars and to add to that the official Borderlands website states the Destroyer is "threatening to consume the universe". Tyreen's goal also aligns with these statements as well. She wants to absorb the Destroyer and consume stars until she is quite literally the only star in the sky. Although something from BL TPS seems to contradict the Destroyer having this kind of power.

In The Pre-Sequel, Handsome Jack uses the Destroyer's eye as a laser and amplifies its power 10 fold by using Slag. Although this contraption is stated to be able to destroy Elpis (the moon), it seemingly contradicts the statements regarding the Destroyer eating stars in BL3 because it would mean the eye can only perform multi-continental to moon level feat only when it's boosted to 10x it's normal destructiveness by slag. But this is easily be explained by the Destroyer's eye output just not being comparable in power to it's full self which we know makes up a large portion of Pandora and is likely larger than Elpis. This also leads to the next character I would like to discuss which is Lilith.

Lilith after finally getting her power back from Tyreen and having not absorb any Eridium, pushed the giant ass moon Elpis away from Pandora albeit possibly at the cost of her life. Here's where Elpis was originally, here's how close Elpis was to Pandora before Troy made it come closer and here's how far Lilith pushed the moon back. If you have a keen eye, than you can see that Lilith pushed Elpis back to it's original position. Now you may ask "Why does this matter? Lilith is implied to have died from doing this." and you would be correct but keep in mind what I said before, this is a Lilith who just got her powers back from Tyreen and hasn't absorbed any Eridium meaning this would scale to Tyreen and Troy. Now you might also ask "How does this scale to Tyreen and Troy? They aren't Lilith!" and to answer that is easy. Tyreen upon first appearing dominated Lilith and absorbed her powers, along with absorbing numerous amounts of cultists, vault monsters, eridium and the Destroyer, it would be hard to prove that Tyreen doesn't scale to this feat but she wouldn't be the only one who scales here, Troy and mid-game BL3 Vault Hunters would also scale of course. Now onto the next feat which hopefully proves the consistency of this feat.

To make this simple, Troy phaselocks Elpis and brings it closer to Pandora and charge it with his power. This feat was initially done with Eridium as his supply making it difficult to sell as a feat but later on in the mission the VHs cut off Troy's supply of Eridium and so Troy began using Tyreen as the energy source to charge Elpis which is not just a moon but the Vault Key for Pandora that was created by the Eridians that can open Pandora and unleash the Destroyer. This means it makes sense that Troy used outside power sources to charge the moon and it doesn't contradict Lilith's feat but rather helps it, nor does it contradict the scaling that would arise from it. Which would be:

At least 5-C Tyreen and Troy (Should be far stronger than Lilith who performed that moon feat without Eridium and right after her siren powers returned)

At least 5-C Mid-Game BL3 VHs (Defeated Troy who absorbed large amounts of eridium and Tyreen's powers during their fight)

At least 5-B, likely 4-C for the Destroyer (Far stronger than Siren's such as Lilith, Tyreen and Troy who could perform (insert those moon feats here) and was repeatedly stated to be able to destroy Pandora and Pandora is implied to be largely composed of it's body. Was stated multiple time to literally eat stars and was consider a massive threat to the Eridians who could built moons, planets and even create vaults that houses a sun and numerous stars)

At least 5-C, possibly 4-C for Tyreen The Destroyer (Far stronger than her base form, consumed the Destroyer who (copy paste the Destroyer's 4-C reasoning here and is implied to have have consumed the Destroyer)

At least 5-C, possibly 4-C for Late-Game BL3 VHs (Stronger than their mid-game self. Defeated Tyreen the Destroyer)

Things to note:

The 5-C ratings comes from the moon feats and are a placeholder. They likely yield a higher result because Elpis is a fairly large moon. Same with the Destroyer shaking Pandora, which would be Low 6-B on an Earth sized planet but Pandora is huge.

Tyreen the Destroyer is rated possibly 4-C being implied to have indeed consumed the Destroyer by the end of the game and after she is destroyed the Destroyer is never mention again as a threat, only the opening of the Elpis causing the opening of the Great Vault aka Pandora is but only because it would cause the everything on it's surface to be destroyed.

Speed Upgrades
Borderlands The Pre-Sequel:

The Sentinel is able to deflect laser weapons. (Scales to TPS VH's, BL2 VH's, mid-game BL3 VH's, BoG Tyreen and Troy)

Lasers are stated to be light by Mr. Torgue in the side-quest Torgue-o! Torgue-o! which required you to pick up a "Light Reactor" and "Light Reactor"s are used to create weapons in the Borderlands universe.

Torgue: "HI, NEW BEST FRIEND! I'M FROM THE TORGUE CORPORATION AND I'M SUPER-DUPER P***ED THAT LASER GUNS EXIST! THEY'RE MADE OF LIGHT, WHICH DOESN'T EVEN EXPLODE, LIKE -- WHAT?! I'LL PAY YOU TO DESTROY THAT LIGHT REACTOR WHEN YOU FIND IT!"

Keep in mind that Mr. Torgue is the founder and owner of his own gun manufacturing corporation and is extremely knowledgable about weapon manufacturing despite seemingly being an idiot so his words shouldn't be thrown away here and they don't contradict anything.

Tales from the Borderlands:

The Traveler dodges a laser beam. (Late-game BL2 VH's, Mid-game BL3 VH's and BoG Tyreen and Troy)

Borderlands 3:

Amara casually dodges a bullet. (Scales to BoG BL3 VH's)

Troy Calypso sends his power to the moon at a very quick speed. (Scales to Mid-game BL3 VH's)

Tyreen Calypso catches a point blank grenade explosion. (Scales to Late-game BL3 VH's)

And Lilith flies to the moon. (Scales to BoG Tyreen)

Conclusion
I think this is enough proof to put the Borderlandsverse at least over Tier 7 and above Subsonic speeds. If you have any questions or concerns about the CRT, please ask or mention them and also, if anyone is willing to calc any of the feats above, I would greatly appriciate it and it would make the ratings more accurate to how the games presents them, thank you.

can it be calc'd on how fast you would need to be to fly to the moon in a matter of seconds? even though the moon was being pulled closer.

oh and also how big pandora is?

@DMUA

I assure you it's through movement, I will get a better and more clearer example to shown you.

@DMUA

This should suffice, it shows the Sentinel moving and twirling it's staff to deflect the projectiles more clearly and here's an example of the Sentinel being unable to deflect a laser beam stream which also proves the Sentinel is deflecting through movement rather than a forcefield.

Lavcore said:
can it be calc'd on how fast you would need to be to fly to the moon in a matter of seconds? even though the moon was being pulled closer.
oh and also how big pandora is?
We don't know how big Pandora is, only that it's bigger than Earth. Elpis was still a pretty good distance away from Pandora when Lilith flew to it and her pushing it back to it's original position should be apart of the speed equation I believe.

bump. Would pimp out the thread but I don't have time at the moment, hopefully it gets some attention from this.

Seems okay from a glance, but prefer more input from other staff members.

Celestial Pegasus said:
A lot of this seems like it needs calcs
Very true. Hopefully this thread gets people interested enough to want to calc at least one of these proposals.

I posted a request for the Lilith's moon feat about a week ago and got nothing sadly. Didn't request anything else speed related in the request thread because that moon feat is more important and laziness.

I'd have to organize my mental calc catalogue and really see if I want to actually handle that, even if the character performing the feat has cleavage to her name

bump. also i found out that a page for composite mii exists and not handsome jack i'm actually losing my mind over this.

Okay so, I could probably manage something for the laser feats and whatnot, but I feel like, looking over this again, it seems like people should straight up be 4-C should they scale to the Destroyer, considering Eridians can pluck stars from the void, The Destroyer outright eats stars and so on

But for people who don't scale I'd need some specifics on how big the moon and pandora are so I can figure all that out

that was a full body unsealed destroyer who ate the stars, the destroyer roland and the others fought was considerably smaller than its full body(which should be comparable in size to pandora).

the eridians plucking stars is probably flowery language.

well that would just about throw further wrenching into my plan of getting away without having to figure out all the calcs

but that's life

@Lavcore

Tyreen would possibly scale to unsealed Destroyer since she it's implied she did indeed absorb it and she states she would consume stars with it's power multiple time throughout the game.

Eridians plucking stars isn't flowery language as you can see a numerous stars inside the Vault of the Serpent: https://imgur.com/a/3JfrThw

Also, I don't think the The Destroyer full size is large enough to eat stars by mouth or something like that since that would imply Pandora and Elpis's sheer size are comparable to larger than stars which I wouldn't say I doubt but I just don't think thats the implication. The Destroyer probably uses some other means to "eat stars".

Dienomite22 said:
@Lavcore
Tyreen would possibly scale to unsealed Destroyer since she it's implied she did indeed absorb it and she states she would consume stars with it's power multiple time throughout the game.

Eridians plucking stars isn't flowery language as you can see a numerous stars inside the Vault of the Serpent: https://imgur.com/a/3JfrThw
it could just be teleportation to a different solar system but the eridians are so advanced that it wouldn't suprise me that much.

Dienomite22 said:
Also, I don't think the The Destroyer full size is large enough to eat stars by mouth or something like that since that would imply Pandora and Elpis's sheer size are comparable to larger than stars which I wouldn't say I doubt but I just don't think thats the implication. The Destroyer probably uses some other means to "eat stars".
my point is that the partially formed destroyer that appeared in BL1 couldn't be at the same level as it's fully formed version due to how small it is, not saying that the size is the determining factor of the power of a full body destroyer just saying that it would be questionable to assume a partially formed destroyer is near that level.

@Lavcore

it could just be teleportation to a different solar system but the eridians are so advanced that it wouldn't suprise me that much.

I doubt it since the vaults whole purpose are to contain monsters from getting released/protect the objects within the vaults, which would be pointless if they simply are teleporters to another solar system. And they were refered to as a pocket dimension at one point I believe but I have to check. Also, galaxy space travel is common in the BL universe so it would be strange to not encounter one of these vaults if it weren't a pocket dimension.

my point is that the partially formed destroyer that appeared in BL1 couldn't be at the same level as it's fully formed version due to how small it is, not saying that the size is the determining factor of the power of a full body destroyer just saying that it would be questionable to assume a partially formed destroyer is near that level.

Oh ok, that's true

DMUA said:
But for people who don't scale I'd need some specifics on how big the moon and pandora are so I can figure all that out
Do you need specific numbers? If so, those don't exist. Would screenshots do? Also, here's some details about Pandora but I don't know if they would help to determine it's size.

Rotation Period 90 Earth Hours
Orbital Period 10 Earth Years (approximate)
Aphelion 178,900,400 km
Perihelion 148,098,254 km
Eccentricity
Also, it's tidelly locked.

Lavcore said:
Dienomite22 said:
maybe light reflectors or something? vaults can be hidden in plain sight like with elpis.
I was referring to the other side of the vault when talking about if the portal lead to was some sort of teleportation to another solar system. Vaults can be hidden in plain sight but that doesn't mean the contents within the vaults are teleported to some other solar system and would also be hidden in plain sight. It's possible but it's leads to more assumptions rather than the vault just being a pocket dimension.

Yeah that's not very specific at all

I don't know how I'd get a size from rotation and whatnot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back