• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Borderlands Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought so.

Is it possibly to use a real life exoplanet with similiar properties as Pandora to determine it's size? If not, in-game screen shots is probably the best way to figure out the size.

Dienomite22 said:
I thought so.

Is it possibly to use a real life exoplanet with similiar properties as Pandora to determine it's size? If not, in-game screen shots is probably the best way to figure out the size.
I guess if you can find one, I could run with that

I looked for a real life planet similiar to Pandora but couldn't find anything besides one with the same orbital period but different everything else. Might be best to use screen shots for now.

I don't think we can get anything from screenshots, unless we have a stated distance in outer space to anglesize with

It seems like Medeus and Celestial Pegasus have accepted this. What else is left to do here?

Okay. I suppose that we should wait for DMUA then.

Sorting through stuff, and I have no idea how I'd figure out a specific distance from the screenshots given, or a timeframe, since we don't really see it move on screen per say

I don't think a timeframe can be found for Troy's moon grabbing feat but maybe the aoe energy dispersion it produced could be calc'd since that happens on screen. For Lilith's feat I think that should be calcuable but the timeframe needs to be discussed since the moon could have been pushed back to it's original position the moment the phoenix appeared to cover it as seen if you teleport to Sanctuary right after the cutscene but I'd imagine some would argue it took a few minutes.

In regards to screen shots, those are the best that I could gather that the camera would allow sadly but I'll try to get better ones if I can.

I'm not even sure it would be that beyond 5-C anyways depending on assumptions and whatnot, so we could probably just call it there and save the headache

... doesn't take care of the laser feat though, which I should deal with

@DMUA

You can ask for help from other calc group members if you wish.

Okay, one last thing and I think I can deal

H What's the range limit on the sentry's deflection? Like, will they still just spin to win when you're at point blank?

It would be a bit unreasonable to like say they can spin it when the gun is a millimeter away or something but if I can get away with a one meter distance and no anglesizing, that would be nicd

Are you asking for the shortest distance the Sentinel can deflect from? If so, it should be a meter.

Then yea a meter or 2 (due to it's size) should be the minimum, otherwise the Sentinel just attacks you or dashes away if your any closer to it in single player.

Thank you for working so hard to help out in the wiki.

Then, wouldn't a calc using the Earth as an acceptable lowball work? Not sure if its possible to ascertain much using that as an assumption but is a maybe.

The calculation still needs to be evaluated.

Have you asked for an evaluation of the calculation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back