• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boomer Shooter/New Blood Interactive discussion thread

I may fix the full body render in a bit.
I appreciate that, not sure what there is to fix though, pic's just unfortunately a bit low quality. EDIT: Oh yeah the crust, didn't see it cause light mode. Yeah I tried removing most of it but uh

Also unrelated to that, but I finally played and beat DOOM 2016 recently. Kinda funny it took me so long.

Last edited:
I appreciate that, not sure what there is to fix though, pic's just unfortunately a bit low quality.

Also unrelated to that, but I finally played and beat DOOM 2016 recently. Kinda funny it took me so long.
It'd just be removing some stray pixels.

How did ya enjoy 2016?

It'd just be removing some stray pixels.
mhm, i thought of those right after writing that lol
How did ya enjoy 2016?
Well enough, combat's great, I felt like the levels were a bit too aimless though, they weren't open-ended or anything but I kinda found myself getting lost a lot, which could very well be my fault but I usually don't get this with games. Very good game overall though.

anderson vs DUSK dude when?
Someone is asking the right questions, indeed.

It would be cool if someone made a Quake/Doom arena-ish game that crosses characters of different verses, sorta like Smash, but in the boomer shooter genre and only with characters of said genre.

Doomguy meets Caleb meets Lo Wang meets Dusk Dude

Someone is asking the right questions, indeed.

It would be cool if someone made a Quake/Doom arena-ish game that crosses characters of different verses, sorta like Smash, but in the boomer shooter genre and only with characters of said genre.

Doomguy meets Caleb meets Lo Wang meets Dusk Dude
Samsara. And Samsara Naraka.
Mods for Doom 2.
Actual boomer shooters, not wannabe indie devs who don't even understand the games they're trying to ape and keep going 'here's a basically hitscan crossbow that kills anything in at most 5 hits with ammo literally everywhere on 15 mile long maps enemies can't feasibly move across in time to do anything, have fun'.

not wannabe indie devs who don't even understand the games they're trying to ape and keep going 'here's a basically hitscan crossbow that kills anything in at most 5 hits with ammo literally everywhere on 15 mile long maps enemies can't feasibly move across in time to do anything, have fun'.
"Man these indie devs can't recreate the true rooty tooty shooty experience"
Proceeds to use OP crossbows as an example despite games like Half Life 2 having them way before any of the modern boomer shooters were made
I understand your frustrations, but that was an incredibly bad example. Boomer shooters always had at least one or two "braindead hitscan weapon that can eradicate anything you want with the click of a button" since the mid 90s.

Heretic has a crossbow (though it acts different) but piercing railgun-type weapons have existed since, I dunno, a lot, Shadow Warrior Classic has one and it sucks because it doesn't shoot where the crosshair is but still.

I understand your frustrations, but that was an incredibly bad example. Boomer shooters always had at least one or two "braindead hitscan weapon that can eradicate anything you want with the click of a button" since the mid 90s.
Half-life sucks so I dunno what those games have.
I was talking about good games imo.
And the issue is these weps+open map+too much ammo.
You couldn't trivialize all of doom 1 or 2 with rocket launcher or plasma gun even though they're also a super high damage 100% accurate attack because the maps blindside you, are cramped and you will simply run out of ammo very fast.

Sorry bro I tried to like (squats in a vent like squats in a vent oh no headcrab) it but like (talks to the 15th identical npc with the same voice who sends me on a fetch quest in a row, through 5 vents, ambushed just around corner by 27 more headcrabs) its re (has fun fighting humans for 5 seconds but then they die and its back to 0 threatcrabs and vibrating lazor dogs/guys) ally (shoots a shotgun literally clipping into an enemy and watches it miss because half-life is an fps with a bad shotgun how is that possible) bad
I really don't see what people see in it. Not even the presentation and story telling. One of the worst non-indie fps I've played. The enemies are mostly not fun, the weapons are mostly not fun, the maps are just a series of scripted events and 'hahah gotcha with a headcrab' moments and it actually gets worse as you get further in.

2's the one that's actually got well done set-pieces and better maps

Sorry bro I tried to like (squats in a vent like squats in a vent oh no headcrab) it but like (talks to the 15th identical npc with the same voice who sends me on a fetch quest in a row, through 5 vents, ambushed just around corner by 27 more headcrabs) its re (has fun fighting humans for 5 seconds but then they die and its back to 0 threatcrabs and vibrating lazor dogs/guys) ally (shoots a shotgun literally clipping into an enemy and watches it miss because half-life is an fps with a bad shotgun how is that possible) bad
I really don't see what people see in it. Not even the presentation and story telling. One of the worst non-indie fps I've played. The enemies are mostly not fun, the weapons are mostly not fun, the maps are just a series of scripted events and 'hahah gotcha with a headcrab' moments and it actually gets worse as you get further in.
Come on now. Don't disrespect Gorgeous Freeman's game.

Here is my current review of Cruelty Squad after replaying it:
man b-hopping in this game is weird as ****

Okay but what about an actual review.
Ain't played that one, no one ever actually talks about any aspect of it beyond 'lol trippy writing' and 'its ugly on purpose'. I don't think I've seen anyone actually say anything about its gameplay even once.

Yea, I've just seen it as a "lolz xD trippy and random edgy game haha" the first time I played it, but after replaying it, it's actually a pretty interesting satire of violence in video games and consumerism.
Or maybe I'm reading too deep into it and it just is a "lolz xD trippy and random edgy game haha."

You're reading the the preview made by greedy execs with that, ie you're barely scratching the surface if at all.
tbf Cruelty Squad is so deep it's beyond human comprehension. Not even Rick and Morty can beat it ^:)

I liked Cruelty Squad's gameplay. It is a bit on the unforgiving side and you will suffer a lot until you get your bearings, but once you do, it is a very open-ended shooter with a lot of options for most scenarios to solve.

I'll say though, unless you already know how to game the system, I found it mite boring to grind monies in it, and it is undeniable that the style of writing is part of the charm of it. If you dislike it, well, there's still a pretty good game underneath it all, but it certainly loses a good chunk of what makes it unique.

I got the New Order for free on Epic a while ago, gotta play it someday
It's an amazing game

Anyway, me and a couple of other people are planning to do a huge revision of the entire Wolfenstein verse. Right now there is only one character profile, that being BJ Blazkowicz himself. The profile as of right now is terrible and very low effort, it even breaks some site rules if i am not mistaken.

The first thing we are doing is making a new and improved profile for BJ (Machinegames timeline specifically). And we'll see where we go from there.

I just wanted to know if anyone here has any good knowledge of the verse, considering it's not popular at all in debating and has very few followers. It would be good if anyone knowledgeable could join the Wolfenstein content revision.

New ULTRAKILL update in five days. If I don't make a CRT a few days after it drops, everyone here has permission to eradicate my cranium with a coin.

I remember playing the demo way back when. Good times.
wait holy shit how has it been two years already what the ****

Back