• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boomer Shooter/New Blood Interactive discussion thread

oh shit its actually out what
Been considering giving it a try before, gives me major Nuclear Throne vibes for some reason.

10-B, 11-A in main gameplay, 11-B in minigames

That's probably not how it works and also I haven't played the game just watched the Civvie vids

Soooo, anyone going to powerscale Nightmare Reaper with me?
Is that game good?

oh shit its actually out what
Been considering giving it a try before, gives me major Nuclear Throne vibes for some reason.
'Cause its a roguelite (not to be mistaken for roguelike, an actual consistent genre that isn't 'literally everything with permadeath ever'). And so is NT.

My experience with FPS roguelikes so far is they're very bad. Ziggurat had every weapon feel basically the same and stupid enemy designs jarringly mixed with serious looking maps, Immortal Redneck had unsatisfying gunplay and barely animated enemies, Risk of Rain 2 fixed none of the issues of the first game and added more with the third dimension and Gunfire Reborn has good weapons, fun classes, enjoyable mid-run progression... but you always take either 5% or 100% of your hp per hit because the damage is just absurdly random and that more or less ruins it. Was the closest to actually being a good game, though. Actual core gameplay is very fun until you inexplicably die to one of the weakest enemies in the the area from max/hp and armor in less than a second/play the harder modes where % damage completely rules over everything so most weapons and abilities become pointless.

Looks poggers.
considering shes someones oc imagine how much it would suck if the dev said that zan's appearances in other random media are canon to hedon

This really do be a divine light severed moment. Repost if you are also a flesh automaton animated by neurotransmitters.
nobody scales to it though right

I have no ******' clue, I just saw someone talk about it on Discord. Shit is really funny though.

If you still have time and you somehow haven't got the game before, GOG is giving away Postal 2 for free for a limited amount of time. Besides that, Postal 4 is out of early access which means CRT time.

From my understanding it's honestly not missing much P&A or stats though it still is very barebones, i guess resistance to adhesive manipulation with armor is all I can think off unless my knowledge of deep chex lore is lacking, which it might be

Pro Chex Quest when, Civvie?

I'll replay the game and see if there's anything missing. Shouldn't be too hard because it's piss easy to beat it in a short timespan.

Is Nightmare reaper good though.
Demo lost me with the weapon system. You lose like all but 1 weapon at the end of the stage. Maybe in full game that's no so bad.

Nightmare Reaper seems dope, I loved Civvie's review and everything I see about it tickles me in just the right way.

I missed this thread, in a few days I'll be free from uni stuff and I'll be able to contribute a bit to this. Boomer shooters have become one of the few types of games my PC can run-

Oh right, also funny new rocket launcher that is totally not a reference to another boomer shooter rocket launcher.

Back