• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Boomer Shooter/New Blood Interactive discussion thread

This thread is a discussion about the shooters of old, such as DOOM, Quake, Half-life, etc. and also the discussion of modern old-school FPS games that are most likely owned by new blood such as DUSK, AMID EVIL, ULTRAKILL. This thread's probably gonna go nowhere, but I wanna give it a shot if you get me.
54920-20artist3Afrej20character3Agabriel_28ultrakill2920character3Av1_28ultrakill2920series3Aultraki.png

Just here to report something neat i saw recently.

V1 can reflect enemy laser attacks with his god ******* coin.

Yea, though it's a bit tricky to pull it off. I wonder if you can reflect Cerberus' basketball energy ball with your fist as well.

Played all of Greed, was pretty fun. 4-3 and 4-4 were ******' hard. Anyway, very little to add to profiles outside of the obvious powerup & new arm but that's ok. If anyone can find me the heaviest-looking enemy you can hookshot towards you that could make for a passable LS rating.

Anyway since I was thinking enemy pages might be fun, what do yall think is fine to scale to V1? It is canonically one of the very frailest machines due to its rapid blood absorption making up for that, but at the same time 8-C Filth sounds stupid.

oh right i need to play the new update
I guess Swordsmachine could potentially scale? That secret level... thing can also upscale since it can oneshot V1.

I feel anything that is ever a boss, including Malicious Faces, should scale, although downscale so they lose the +. I don't think we really have any feats for fodder so probably nothing beyond that

As for Something Wicked I feel like it's probably using death hax or something instead of physically killing you, since it dies in a single revolver shot.

That's odd, the game refuses to update for me. Guess I'll just play the inferior version while trying to find out why won't it let me install the Greed stuff.
In the meantime...

Finally managed to update it to the Greed layer version, expect the Ultrakill CRT to come out soon-ish enough. And by soon, I of course mean, when I'm done breaking the game's engine with the new arm.

Eh, I don't agree. Gabriel's weapons are light constructs, sure, but that doesn't mean he swings them at speed of light. It's the same thing as me waving around a laser pointer. Angels being made of light could be supporting evidence for NPI, but it's not inherently a speed feat. Besides, considering Light is capitalized there I think it just means "Light of god, as in blessing/power" or whatever.

And you don't really dodge the Virtue's beams after they shoot, they're hitscan, you just move out of the way before they appear. If anything it's an anti-feat against Relativistic.

Last edited:
how dare you debunk an argument that i made while i was sleep deprived at 3 am
Fair enough. By the way, what are those eye buttons in the Greed layer? From what I searched, it apparently summons some secret boss, but that's all I know.

I don't know, I found one but I think the boss is some reference to a youtube channel

Yea, I've heard that there's a reference to some Doom mods reviewer in the new update, so I'm not surprised.
now im just thinking how wack it would be if v1 got resistance to radiation hax because of a reference (cancerous rodent)

Yea, he's a robot, which means radiation CAN mess with him. Why do you think the photo of the Elephant's Foot looks so weird?

Though, even if the two cancerous rodents scale to the... y'know... canon cancer mouse, I'm not really sure how much roentgen you'd need to mess with technology. Though, I do remember a scene where Civvie states that the cancer mouse is apparently making a lot of his hair fall off.

While I'm suffering trying to make a verse page for ultrakill doing stuff for the wiki, I've been thinking about making a profile for DUSK Dude and potentially the Champion of Evil. ULTRAKILL ain't the only New Blood game I've played, y'know.

What tier do you think they'll be? It'd be cool if we could get some matches going between them, but most shooters ain't reaching 8-C+ through gameplay

I don't remember there being that many for DUSK Dude, although I do remember him beating nyarlathotep, said nyarlathotep being voiced by the same guy who does the voice for ******* duke nukem and postal 4 dude so therefore dusk dude is high 1-A easy peasy being able to tank oil cans that can leave a very sizable hole in a wall after being thrown, so there's that. As for the Champion of Evil, he... he literally has a weapon that can pull nearby planets and shoot it at his opponents, and when upgraded it straight up launches stars, some of them even being supergiants. There's also some dimensional hierarchy stuff that the last boss scales to, and the Champion of Evil manages to best them. Overall, I'd say he's the strongest and most haxxed Boomer Shooter protagonist.

speaking of hax, should v1 get the soap as optional equipment?

I was thinking about adding it in the CRT, but I thought it was a dumb idea. Also, it isn't even hax, it's similiar to the DUSK soap where it instantly gibs enemies because it deals a ridiculous amount of damage.

eh, i wouldn't oppose it being added though it is a bit weird

Back