• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Book Of Bill - Gravity Falls (Part 1, Abilities + Feat Additions)

ShionAH

He/Him
Hello, this thread will not handle cosmology. Thanks to everyone from the community who helped me.
@TheOrangeGuy09, @RedReaper616, @Accelerated_Evolution, @ZeedKZ, @StrymULTRA

Special thanks to that triangle fella that I made the deal wi-

WOHOHOO, HELLO HELLO VERSUS BATTLES IT IS GOOD TO BE BACK. WOW THIS DUMB THREE SPATIAL EXTENSION SOCK PUPPET FLESH BODY IS CRAZY. NOW NOW NO WORRIES I WILL HOLD MY END OF THE DEAL WHICH IS "Kill everyone who dares to stonewall"! SO BE CAREFUL IF YOU ARE GONNA DISAGREE OR I MIGHT EAT YOUR FAMILY AND MAKE YOU WATCH!

ANYWAYS LETS GET TO IT SHALL WE? ADDITIONS OF MY COOL BOOK!

Bills AP will be upgraded from Unknown to 3-C, Time Baby will fully scale to Mindscape Bill

WOHOHOO! THAT WAS FUN, ANYWAYS NOW I NEED TO START THAT PORTAL. WHEN I COME BACK I AM GONNA FIND WHOEVER ALLOWED ME TO STAY 4-A FOR SO LONG AND EAT THEIR TEETH! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHH-

Uhh...what the, what happened? Huh?​

Agree: 2 (@Planck69 and @DarkDragonMedeus [Neutral on Cm 1, BoB Resistances. Disagrees with Immortality Type 8)
Disagree BILLS HIT LIST:
Neutral:

Last edited:
I need scans for
  • (Doesn’t sleep nor dream, making him lack dreams to manipulate)
So yall can ignore that till I get the scans

Last edited:
I need scans for
  • (Should have the same resistances as The Book of Bill, which appeared on Ford´s bedroom after being freezed)
  • (Doesn’t sleep nor dream, making him lack dreams to manipulate)
So yall can ignore those two till I get the scans
The Ice Manipulation resistance comes from one of the first 5 pages

The "doesn't sleeps or dreams" comes from the cryptograms iirc

WELL WELL IF THE [geometrical shape] [for the kids!] DECIDED TO MAKE A [[grand showtime]] RIGHT ON THIS [family friendly website].

THERE IS STILL [new products] WHICH YOU [[amnesia issues? Go on and buy !]] .

4th Wall Awareness - Bill directly spoke to the reader, and directly stated he's broken the 4th wall to do so
(Doesn’t sleep nor dream, making him lack dreams to manipulate)
Ain't this SS Type 3?

Btw, the "a mental world that is unbound by the physical realm" in the CM justification should be linked to this.

Will check the rest later.

This should probably be paired with breaking the fourth wall.
This isn't really a resistance but is rather soul manipulation or absorption on Bill's part.
You can't really derive any resistances from this unless it's more clear on what said howling void entails.
Is there any good reason why he'd have the same resistances? Being able to bestow the power onto something doesn't automatically mean you have the same ability. There are standards for stuff like this where it needs to be explicit the bestower has the powers of the bestowed.
Again with the above this shouldn't be a resistance Bill specifically has.

This should probably be paired with breaking the fourth wall.
I guess kinda?
This isn't really a resistance but is rather soul manipulation or absorption on Bill's part.
You still get Unconvential Resistance due to having many Souls, no?
Is there any good reason why he'd have the same resistances? Being able to bestow the power onto something doesn't automatically mean you have the same ability. There are standards for stuff like this where it needs to be explicit the bestower has the powers of the bestowed.

Again with the above this shouldn't be a resistance Bill specifically has.
This seems fair, I’ll wait for more opinion
Adding
Aint this SS Type 3?
I guess that too? I am still waiting for the scan.

Technically Phothoshop Flowey has also it.
You can't really derive any resistances from this unless it's more clear on what said howling void entails.
This is what I also have pointed to Shion on Discord, yes.
The book is kinda implied to have Bill's properties, as he can absorb blood through the book.

Though I can agree with a "likely" here.
This is Longevity, not Immortality.

Three things I forgot to add:
I'd use this scan instead and add in the wording the fact he can use also corpses.

On the CM1, I'd like to add the fact that Bill in the mindscape form can't manipulate these concepts offensively, but just create/interact with them. Aka I'll do something like this:
For the physical form I'd make this:
Time Baby warned that Bill can warp Narrativity, and we should "protect our fourth walls."
Can we NOT use a poorly formatted google doc? I'd far prefer an imgur on this.

• Immortality
Neutral to this, being banned from the afterlife isn't always grounds for this. Not to mention him being half-alive.
Seems fine to me.
This feels more like just a natural consequence of him being a Type 1 Abstract, rather than reliance on an idea since well, killing an idea isn't something most can do.
Looks good to me.
So long as this is specified as Resurrection, then yeah, it's good.
This would also be 4th Wall Breaking. Otherwise, yeah it works.
All this is fine.
  • Immunity to Sleep Manipulation and Dream Manipulation (Doesn’t sleep nor dream, making him lack dreams to manipulate)
This is Type 3 Self Sustenance.
I'm unsure of this being resistance given we don't go by numbers anymore. Unless like, he's been shown to use them as proxies for soul attacks.
Seems fine.
Neutral to the shared resistances, making something wouldn't give you its resistances. The rest is fine.
[/SPOILER]

These seem fine to me.

I'm alright with Conceptual Manipulation but neutral to it being Type 1 since that part about human judgement could very easily be interpreted as him just saying that meaning is subjective. It seems to be Type 2 at minimum though.
Those resistances seem more like a setting specific weakness more than anything, one that applies to Bill especially. The rest is fine.

These seem fine to me.

Neutral to this, being banned from the afterlife isn't always grounds for this.
Lobo has it for that reason which is why I thought it was enough

By the way Bill already has Immortality Type 5, this is just extra proof

My bad for putting it on the “New Powers” category
This feels more like just a natural consequence of him being a Type 1 Abstract, rather than reliance on an idea since well, killing an idea isn't something most can do.
Sorry, I dont really understand.
This is Type 3 Self Sustenance.
Fair but wouldnt it also be Immunity to Dream Manipulation?
Unless like, he's been shown to use them as proxies for soul attacks.
He has not shown that.
Neutral to the shared resistances, making something wouldn't give you its resistances.
Well like Strym said

“Bill's properties, as he can absorb blood through the book.”

Would this help?
Those resistances seem more like a setting specific weakness more than anything, one that applies to Bill especially. The rest is fine.
Hmm, possibly true. It is supposed to be a reference to how Babies have bad memory I think

Lobo has it for that reason which is why I thought it was enough

By the way Bill already has Immortality Type 5, this is just extra proof
I mean, alright then. I'm just saying that on its own it doesn't look like enough for me. There's also verse specific context for even similar feats you have to be aware of, so Lobo might have different reasons. Or maybe the staff that added it had a different viewpoint.
Sorry, I dont really understand.
Him being unkillable for being an idea isn't really indicative of Type 8 immortality, that's just how it would be to people that can't interact with or harm ideas. Something true for like, everyone in the setting not named Bill and maybe the Axolotl.
Fair but wouldnt it also be Immunity to Dream Manipulation?
By sheer technicality, though we don't label it as such.
He has not shown that.
Then it wouldn't really be a resistance.
Well like Strym said

“Bill's properties, as he can absorb blood through the book.”
This proves that he can use the book as proxy for powers but I dunno about it being proof of similar resistances. Someone making something that can withstand better than what they can, even as a conduit for their powers, isn't unheard of.
Hmm, possibly true. It is supposed to be a reference to how Babies have bad memory I think
That's how I see it as well. Stanley getting his memories erased "killed" him, and babies forget all the time.

I mean, alright then. I'm just saying that on its own it doesn't look like enough for me. There's also verse specific context for even similar feats you have to be aware of, so Lobo might have different reasons. Or maybe the staff that added it had a different viewpoint.
Understood, so you accept it for supporting?
Him being unkillable for being an idea isn't really indicative of Type 8 immortality, that's just how it would be to people that can't interact with or harm ideas. Something true for like, everyone in the setting not named Bill and maybe the Axolotl.
So you only get Immortality Type 8 for being AE 2?
By sheer technicality, though we don't label it as such.
What would it be labeled like, like when this gets accepted am I allowed to add it as “Immune to Dream Manipulation”
Then it wouldn't really be a resistance.
Fair, I’ll remove it
This proves that he can use the book as proxy for powers but I dunno about it being proof of similar resistances. Someone making something that can withstand better than what they can, even as a conduit for their powers, isn't unheard of.
Alright, do you mind maybe pinging some staff so they can voice their opinions? By the way do you disagree with these or neutral about them
That's how I see it as well. Stanley getting his memories erased "killed" him, and babies forget all the time.
Thats fair, I’ll remove it
I assume that is due to be a Mindscape being. Yeah, Shion REALLY needs to improve on wordings lmao.
Türk problems kicking in

Also, a lot of those new feats happen before Weirdmaggedon? Am I right to assume he'd be upgraded from 11-A?

Understood, so you accept it for supporting?

So you only get Immortality Type 8 for being AE 2?
You can be a Type 1 Abstract with Immortality Type 8 but it needs better elaboration than "he can't be killed cause he's an idea". I mean yeah lol, you can't exactly kill sourness or a metaphor.
What would it be labeled like, like when this gets accepted am I allowed to add it as “Immune to Dream Manipulation”
Just label it as it is. The presumption for Type 3 Self Sustenance isn't even necessarily full immunity, just that they're usually not in a position for Sleep/Dream stuff to work.
Alright, do you mind maybe pinging some staff so they can voice their opinions? By the way do you disagree with these or neutral about them
Neutral.

@DarkDragonMedeus @Elizhaa @Emirp sumitpo @Catzlaflame @AbaddonTheDisappointment @LephyrTheRevanchist

Any input would be appreciated.

The definitions here only refer to type 2, they have nothing to do with type 1.

good evidence for immeasurable speed but that alone could only be "possibly"

Here it is only explained that possessed Blandin and traveled through time with his time tape. Nothing to do with immeasurable speed

He did all of this in his Mindscape form, where he specifically had no control over anything including Time
It's just time manipulation

The definitions here only refer to type 2, they have nothing to do with type 1.
Bill is not physical in Mindscape, he is an idea
Here it is only explained that possessed Blandin and traveled through time with his time tape. Nothing to do with immeasurable speed
Uhh, Blendin was from the future. Bill possessing him means he traveled to the future, that is the feat.
It's just time manipulation
“I control Space, Matter and now that dumb baby is out of the way Time itself! But I wasn’t always like this

Bill is not physical in Mindscape, he is an idea
would need proof that bill is a complete abstraction, because the scans identify her as type 2, just because she has nep doesn't mean she can get type 1.
Uhh, Blendin was from the future. Bill possessing him means he traveled to the future, that is the feat.
It's just time travel via dreams
“I control Space, Matter and now that dumb baby is out of the way Time itself! But I wasn’t always like this
What is mentioned here is that the person who controls time is the time baby and after she dies, she can now manipulate time alone.

@CurrySenpai

Nope that is misinformation, there are lies here and there but it is easy to recognize them. For example Bill saying he could see the third dimension is very obviously a Lore Drop rather than a lie, but Bill saying that covering yourself with human teeth or babies will get you girls is lie (maybe)

Hope that helps.

For @Mayonez_king

She? Get out of here lol

Anyways Bill’s statement is pretty straight forward and we know he is not able to manipulate Time until he gets a Physical Form, the whole point of Weirdmageddon was to give Bill control over elements of Reality.

Doesn't the end of the book literally say Bill is likely lying about everything just so people can help him manifest again.
Alex himself says it's up to the reader to decide what's true and what it's false, which is kinda easy to get due to some statements being obvious bs like covering yourself in teeth making you really attractive for dates.

The statements you're reffering to are these and these, but...

Ford himself has never read the book, he didn't want to because of him not trusting Bill to begin with, and he was shocked when he actually saw the contents.

So his word about the legitimacy of the book isn't exactly the most reliable.

would need proof that bill is a complete abstraction, because the scans identify her as type 2, just because she has nep doesn't mean she can get type 1.
???? What is this? The author himself has said in the scans that Bill is an idea, more clear than this.
It's just time travel via dreams
No?
What is mentioned here is that the person who controls time is the time baby and after she dies, she can now manipulate time alone.
  • she
ok

???? What is this? The author himself has said in the scans that Bill is an idea, more clear than this.
This shows that bill is the embodiment of an idea; proof was needed that it existed as a pure abstraction.

And what does time travel and time manipulation have to do with immeasurable speed?

And don't worry about the word "she", bill gender is billions

Last edited:
He's called to be directly an idea from himself, WoG and Ford. We don't need to be directly spoonfed that it's literally that.

You're just being pendantic.
Basically, I've never seen this given so easily, because it seems like the embodiment of that rather than existing as a pure abstraction, it is just said that it is an idea, and as long as the idea exists, it cannot die. best suited for typ 2

Last edited:
Projection

Bill can project himself into anything with neurons, (meaning the Book is directly exhibiting his powers as he is projecting himself into it, making it applicable for sharing abilities).

Was able to scan all possible future timelines to see his defeat and astrally project a message across the globe.

Regeneration

The Book of Bill (and thus Bill) can come back from molecular destabilization, (this scan also doubles down on the book being made of brain matter).

Regenerated from lasting damage caused by the Memory Gun after exiting McGucket's head,

Omnscience/Omni-Sight and Intelligence (as well as Multilinguism)

Was aware of Stanford's meddlings with the Book of Bill despite being dead and trapped within the Theraprism,

Is aware of Mabel's communication in the Astral Plane with The Beast, (as well as used her dreams to find her weakness).

Ford doubles down on Bill's ability to see the future, (and implies Bill can offer to teach you how to "speak tree" as well as how to make nukes of of rubber ducklings, {which Bill also claims to know}),

Was able to scan all possible future timelines to see his defeat and astrally project a message across the globe,

Power Bestowal

Bestowed upon normal women (Witches) magic, a life of sin and pleasure (how isn't stated), the ability to speak to beasts, and claimed to be capable of surface scaling whilst possessing a creature,

Instinctive Reaction?

Can conquer dynasties whilst dissociated (meaning some form of instinctive reaction?)

Social Influencing

Bill has seduced Galaxies,

Extrasensory Perception

Bill states there are many colors we cannot see that he can

Memory and Dream Manipulation

Can hold onto memories he's seen/manipulated (to show others) and prank people in their dreams

Curse Manipulation/Extension of Dream Manipulation

Cursed a wizard's time period with Nightmares for 100 Years.

Possession

Possesses an excommunicated priest via a Spirit Board,

EXTRA:

The Mindscape connects all consciousness.

What I have so far by page 68 for extra justifications and/or abilities.

Back