• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Blue Exorcist Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that on Rin's profile, it only goes up to True Cross Amuesment Park arc. He's gotten significantly stronger. Current chapters he's easily stopping Punches from a Casual/Slightly agitated Base Amaimon while in base and in the Kyoto Arc Uchusma Threatend to Burn everything on a Mountain to ash using Rin's Flames and Iirc even mentioned he'd burn the mountain to ash as well. I believe Rin should be listed as Town+ At Least, Likely Higher on his own and Mountain Level with Uchusma Summoned.

Rin also "Survived" a serious punch from a Transformed Amaimon that sent him miles away. Im on my phone so I can't post Scans like i want but Here is a thread with all his up to date feats listed. I'm gonna look for the Chapter with Uchusma just to be sure.

Also this would only apply to people of Similar Level or Higher like: Angel/Amaimon/Mephisto/Lucifer, etc.

Edit: Yeah, chapter 33 he says Rin can Burn the whole mountain away.

Ayy, my respect thread got mentioned lol

But yeah, I agree. Especially since the new anime is coming out, he might be used more in match ups now so updating this would be a help

Also, the hypersonic feat here is wrong, he never blitzed anyone. Ever. He still can go supersonic at most, or keep up with characters who can as seen in his Amaimon Round 2 fight.

//EDIT// (Just went back and tried to find characters who are bullet timers, only one I could find was Todou. The hypersonic feat seems more plausible now)

i agree he needs an upgrade but i think he should be city level for burning the impure king on his own at best and likely higher since he got stronger in the newer arcs and yeah also hope we get more character profiles for Blue exorcist we just got Amaimon so

He is city level on his own now definatly. He was able to engulf Hachiro and he was HUGE. Not to mention his ability to do it twice. Plus, it's pretty ambiguous if he can still perform the Kasho Zanmai. When Koneko asked him to do it in the Izumo rescue operation arc, he literally just complained it was hard. Obvious PIS

I know that he did but I'm just saying I wouldn't put it past him to be able to perform it again without Ucchumusa.

Also, regarding his Regenerationn he is definatly High-Low from him re-attaching his severed foot http://i3.**********.com/ao-no-exorcist/14/ao-no-exorcist-1431208.jpg . You could argue that he's Low-Mid from him tanking being stabbed in the gut + taking punches from Amaimon but I'm not sure if that qualifies as Low-Mid

Burning everything on a mountain =/= burning a mountain to ash. Rin can't be upgraded for that and it was likely a one-time only powerup that will never be used again, so I don't know if it's worth adding to his profile.

Stopping Town level punches doesn't necessarily make you above Town level, and the fact that Amaimon is just toying with him doesn't make Rin look better.

The majority of the feats you mentioned would have to be calced in order to be made viable.

Rin can easily burn the mountain to ash if he wished honestly. He's disentergrated steel before, I don't have a clue how hot that is exactly but scaling off, it takes between 900 and 1200C to melt stone and for steel it takes 1370C.

Amaimon definatly wan't toying with him, he was literally going to kill Shiemi with that punch: http://i10.**********.com/ao-no-exorcist/83/ao-no-exorcist-8409253.jpg http://i6.**********.com/ao-no-exorcist/83/ao-no-exorcist-8409259.jpg

@Drau

But he would need to apply it for an extremely long period of time to melt the entire mountain, and even then he did not melt the mountain at all. You cannot make that assumption.

Amaimon can kill virtually any human with a casual punch. That's not particularly telling.

I also have a question about his speed. Does blitzing characters who make bullets look like slow motion equal Hypersonic?

@Dragonmaster

I was questioning that as well, since he hasn't really demonstrated any other feats beyond that. In addition, that particular feat doesn't have any scans.

@Reppuzan Not really, he disentergrated the steel that was just a meter from falling on Shiemi. The only thing that would take long would be engulfing the mountain really. But he did burn part of it down to the rocky ground when he momentairly lost control http://i6.**********.com/ao-no-exorcist/83/ao-no-exorcist-8409259.jpg see the area around him being barren

Yes but he was still pissed from Shiemi shoving him over, clearly he was angered by that and Rin "ignoring" him. Although when he seriously got angered he did over-power Rin http://i3.**********.com/ao-no-exorcist/83/ao-no-exorcist-8409265.jpg

As for the speed, a downgrade would be fair. As I said before, only character canon wise who dodged bullets was Todou after eating Karura and even then Karura wasn't in tune with Todou. Amaimon may be more physically dominating than Todou but it doesn't mean he's automatically faster, even if he's a demon king.

@Drau

AP is rated based on how much one can put out over a given timeframe. Since Rin didn't disintegrate the mountain, you can't assume that he can.

You can also easily argue that it was an "Okay then, die." type-reaction since it's in character for Amaimon. In addition, Rin was left reeling after that last blow. Even if you were arguing that he was irritated, he already stated that he was holding back under Mephisto's orders.

I don't really feel like digging to find that feat, so if you could find that scan I can request it to be calced.

Reppuzan said:
Burning everything on a mountain =/= burning a mountain to ash. Rin can't be upgraded for that and it was likely a one-time only powerup that will never be used agai, so I don't know if it's worth adding to his profile.
To be fair that's like saying we have to take away Ichigo's Final Getsuga Tensho form (and Mugetsu) along with Uryu's Quincy Letz Stile because they too were also "one time" powerups to never be used again.

It's a canon power up so even if its only one time it should still be counted like we have it for Ichigo and Uryu right?

@Drauknight

That's less moving in slow motion and more burning them before they reached him, at least from my perspective.

Still, others will have to take a look at it.

You can see he dodged them by moving out of the way in the last two images but still those aren't very impressive speed feats, a speed downgrade is right to do so.

Would Supersonic at least be good instead of Hypersonic? Todou wasn't really worried by the bullets and did dodge some casually.

Also, @Rep, it's not really an assumption:

Ao-no-exorcist-3109079
Rin with Uchusma can burn an entire mountain, that is the fact and that is what happened. Yes, while Rin didn't burn the mountain to ash, that doesn't mean he can't. We already know he can instant burn things much more dense than rocks and stone like steel beams and what have you. If he can cover an entire mountain in his flames then we know if he wants he can actually burn the entire mountain to ash as he has burned more durable and dense material.

It's not a matter of "if" but of "time" because as stated by you iirc, yes it would take time and even then, not that much time considering these guys make steel disappear instantly.

As for Amaimon's punches, just the simple fact that he's irritated and in character, Amaimon has a hard time holding back in such cases and doing what he's told, those punches can be assumed to be => what he did to Rin at the amusement park.

Powerwise, Rin definitely should be upgraded being as he's stronger now than what the Wiki has last updated him to.

Regrettably, we cannot upgrade him based on speculation though, without any quantifiable feats.

I say Rin should be listed as such:

Attack Potency: At Least Town Level (Can burn Amaimon when the latter isn't going all out, and who can generate this level of energy with his attacks)(Stronger now after Several Arcs)/ Mountain level (Can Burn an entire mountain with Aid from Uuchusma using Kanshou Zanmai)

Durability: At Least Town, Likely Higher (Tanked Attacks from a casual Amaimon)(Blocked Punches from an irritated Amaimon)(Survived a Serious Punch from an enraged transformed Amaimon)

It still seems to be guesswork, without feats to back it up.

Does Amaimon have quantifiable feats, or is the rest just guesswork based on that Rin turned stronger to an undefined extent?

@Antvasima

Amaimon's best explicit feat was setting off a series of tremors that shook an amusement park simply by tapping the ground, but other than that, it is basically guess work.

By flicking someone, he sent them at super sonic speeds and then easily caught up to Rin, stomping him into the ground creating City/Multi-city block damage. Then he's also broke bones with a tap, he flicked Rin through steel beams as well

@Drauknight

I'm sorry to sound like a broken record, but we need scans of those feats to evaluate them. Otherwise it's just assertion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back