• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw another thing I forgot to mention, which imo completely destroys the argument that its part of RC, when those nameless soul reapers tried to get close to Aizen they got their hands erased, they weren't reiatsu crushed at all even tho they were close to him, if EE is a result of a strong reiatsu crush, they should've been crushed before even getting that close, which means Aizen wasn't using his RC there but his EE was still active.

This point + what I mentioned above is enough imo for everyone to agree that they are separated and different than each other, I will be busy for the coming hours so idk when will I respond back, my apologies.

No that's not addressing the point, Aizen was holding back, Ichigo was serious there and standing to Orihime and her barrier was infront of him, Ichigo was definitely serious there and he even went to that form and made that energy-like explosion while Orihime standing next to him, either you conceed that it's special to Aizen and has nothing to do with RC, or u will have to give Orihime a resistance to EE since she isn't on par with Ichigo.
Why can't Ichigo have been holding back when near Orihime? After all, Nanao can stand near Yamamoto without passing out when he's just standing there normally but when he flexes his Reiatsu she passes out and foams at the mouth.

Btw another thing I forgot to mention, which imo completely destroys the argument that its part of RC, when those nameless soul reapers tried to get close to Aizen they got their hands erased, they weren't reiatsu crushed at all even tho they were close to him, if EE is a result of a strong reiatsu crush, they should've been crushed before even getting that close, which means Aizen wasn't using his RC there but his EE was still active.

This point + what I mentioned above is enough imo for everyone to agree that they are separated and different than each other, I will be busy for the coming hours so idk when will I respond back, my apologies.
Aizen's Reiatsu was kept close to him by the restraints he was wearing. The Shinigami just got too close to him.

Why can't Ichigo have been holding back when near Orihime? After all, Nanao can stand near Yamamoto without passing out when he's just standing there normally but when he flexes his Reiatsu she passes out and foams at the mouth
That's not possible, he was literally in the middle of a fight then he literally released his Reiatsu, his EE should've erased her.
Aizen's Reiatsu was kept close to him by the restraints he was wearing. The Shinigami just got too close to him.
You are correct, I forgot this, mb.

If it's not correlated to AP, and is some abstract "soul strength" that has nothing to do AP that let Tatsuki survive, then that's just resistance to soul manip.
Having a strong soul in bleach generally means having high spiritual power/reiryoku, which is essentially the source of almost all powers and abilities in Bleach. This spiritual power when emits from the body is called spiritual pressure/reiatsu. It basically means Tatsuki's spiritual power is more than an average human.

It's coherent; it just isn't convincing. It seems fairly logical to me that the closer you get to Aizen, the more potent the effects of his power will be. He commended Tatsuki for being able to maintain her identity at such a close range to him. The implication being that if he gets any closer, then the effects of his Reiatsu will increase as well.

If you're away from someone, their Reiatsu will affect you less. If you get within point-blank range of this version of Aizen, then his power will be so overwhelming that they will be erased.
Aizen says that it his Reiatsu which is responsible for the erasure. He says that humans can't withstand his power. Why can't they withstand his power? It's because their spirits are so much weaker than him. Has Aizen ever been in close proximity to someone comparable to him? Yes; and it didn't work.

It is a bigger case of headcanon to me to say "Ichigo and Yhwach have some unexplained resistance to have their existence erased" than it is just see this as a demonstration of the existing mechanics of Reiatsu.
Exactly, my own thoughts are in line with this. Based on the statement from Aizen and showings of how it works, it's a natural conclusion and direct to reach. The alternative conclusion requires a much bigger leap and more assumptions.

Not really sure why the Hogyoku giving him the power/it not being 1-1 with his Reiatsu Crush means literally anything when they're arguing off of it's own feats and statements as an individual power.

Not having the same range as something absolutely doesn't mean their mechanics can't be similar, what? What kind of nonsense logic is that? They already have similar mechanics via BEING AN AURA lmao, if someone brings up statements and showings about it to argue it having certain mechanics then the Range of it vs the Range of another ability it would have similar mechanics to is entirely irrelevant.

Genuinely don't see why something that obvious is even being debated.

Last edited:
Here, Grimmjow was moving away and Aizen made him bow on his knees with his Reiatsu crush while all the espada were sitting next to Aizen casually unaffected, even tho Grimmjow is the 6th strongest Espada, Szayel, Yammy and Zommari were there and they are all weaker than Grimmjow.

Eh, could you post a few more panels? We don't actually see the others nearby being unaffected in those two.

Another argument can be made that no one other than Aizen had this EE for his Reiatsu, Ichigo was releasing a Reiatsu that was in a different dimension in power (according to Aizen) but he was carrying his dad, later in TYBW serious Ichigo was standing next to Orihime, then he event went to use his horn of Salvation form which is much more powerful than Hogyoku Aizen while he was still next to Orihime, if you want to assume that EE is just caused by having high Reiatsu levels, Ichigo should be the first one to have it and Orihime didn't feel like getting erased or sth even tho Ichigo was fighting seriously and she was next to him.

Has it ever been a thing in Bleach where characters have had qualities to their RCs that stronger characters lack?

Having a strong soul in bleach generally means having high spiritual power/reiryoku, which is essentially the source of almost all powers and abilities in Bleach. This spiritual power when emits from the body is called spiritual pressure/reiatsu. It basically means Tatsuki's spiritual power is more than an average human.

And isn't that itself correlated with AP?

And isn't that itself correlated with AP?
It's correlated with AP, Hax and Resistance.

Reiryoku encompasses all of that because it grants all of those things.
  • AP (Souls within the series derive their physical stats from Reiryoku)
  • Hax (Having Reiryoku grants inherent hax's like Soul Manipulation)
  • Resistances (Having Reiryoku grants inherent resistances to hax's like Soul Manipulation)

Yeah so idk what the argument being made is.

"idk why her AP's being brought up, it's not about AP."

"If it's not about AP, then it's resistance."

"No it's about Reiryoku."

"That's tied to AP."

:v

We could go back to the earlier argument and say that actually Yammy was talking about Tatsuki's AP, since in Bleach that's correlated with resistance to soul manip. That could be a more productive topic.

Idk, i've completely disconnected myself from this thread for the most part since i doubt my compromise (which i believe is the most logical assumption) is going to get accepted.

Maybe y'all can start debating on that topic, idk.

Currently on possibly giving resistance to EE (and everything else associated with that interpretation). If the stuff in this post is demonstrated (Aizen having RC'd Grimmjow but not the others closer to him, and no-one else in Bleach has unique RC powers that aren't based on strength) then I'd move to a likely. If the stuff in this post this post is demonstrated (restraints being a general power null and not "spiritual pressure" specific, Don partially resisting RC despite being weaker being argued against somehow), even if the stuff in the previous post isn't, then I'd move to 100% on board with resistance to EE.

I hope that modal stance isn't too confusing.

Last edited:
Currently on possibly giving resistance to EE (and everything else associated with that interpretation). If the stuff in this post is demonstrated (Aizen having RC'd Grimmjow but not the others closer to him, and no-one else in Bleach has unique RC powers that aren't based on strength) then I'd move to a likely. If the stuff in this post this post is demonstrated (restraints being a general power null and not "spiritual pressure" specific, Don partially resisting RC despite being weaker being argued against somehow), even if the stuff in the previous post isn't, then I'd move to 100% on board with resistance to EE.

I hope that modal stance isn't too confusing.
So you’re currently for the “possibly EE” at least. Cool, I’m proposing a possibly/likely anyhow, so if you don’t mind I’m gonna shift my attention solely to damage.

Resistances aren't a black-and-white issue I feel. Ichigo and Yhwach simply having "feats" of not being erased by point-blank proximity to Aizen isn't all there is unless you go into it without thinking about context at all.

When Aizen says this: "Humans can't sense my power because they can't sense spirit energy. But their spirits are unable to withstand my power." That has an clear meaning to me:

Humans (AKA ordinary, non-spiritually-aware humans) are so "weak" spiritually that they can't sense spirit energy and they can't withstand Aizen's sheer power.

They're so much weaker, Aizen simply states "Any human who comes into contact with me will cease to exist."

It's true, that Aizen could simply be saying humans because of the context that the only people around him are humans but the implication is still there in Aizen's words that even though humans can't withstand his power, then other things could. This is not to say that all non-humans can withstand his power. Nobody is demanding that Aizen say "Oh, and Hollows also can't withstand my power."

It's just a matter of there being a certain level of 'strength' that a spirit can be before it can withstand being near Aizen's power.

If Aizen had said "Anyone who comes into contact with me will cease to exist." or "Everyone who comes into contact with me will cease to exist." That would be different. That would most definitely imply that there is no upper limit to Aizen's ability here and that a difference in spiritual energy isn't a factor here. But that isn't the case, so that's why I don't think it is good to assume that Aizen's "hax" here is limitless.

Now, we get another mention of this "withstanding spiritual energy" here, for the Don scene: "It seems you're unable to withstand my spiritual energy anymore."

This isn't Aizen flexing his Reiatsu in Don's direction. We saw that Aizen could do with that with a character like Grimmjow earlier in the arc when he was much weaker. If he was actually trying to crush Don deliberately, he would have done so much sooner. So this is merely Aizen's passive spiritual energy, and Don (although incredibly weak in the grand scheme of things) is still able to stand within Aizen's range for a short period of time before being unable to withstand it.

So, we know that this passive ability that erases things is a result of Aizen's sheer power. He says as much when he states that humans can't withstand it, and he points out that his Reiatsu is undiminished and merely kept close to him when he erases a Shinigami. "These restraints don't eliminate my spiritual pressure. They only keep it near me. I don't have to tell you what will happen if you try to touch me."

Taking this all together, the implications are clear. Somebody who is not monumentally weaker than Aizen will be able to withstand Aizen's sheer power / spiritual energy, and they would not be expected to be erased. When Ichigo grabbed Aizen by the face and dragged him off forcibly to a new location, Aizen was not surprised that Ichigo wasn't erased by him, he was just surprised that he was physically overpowered. While it's possible Aizen was just holding himself back at this point, he still doesn't even think of trying to erase Ichigo, not does it cross his mind that Ichigo is somehow unable to be erased.

Likewise when fighting Yhwach, when Aizen has no reason to be holding back. He's able to physically interact with Yhwach and not erase him. Never is it implied that erasure should be happening and Yhwach is simply resisting it. It just never takes place in the first place, and is never indicated to be able to take place at all.

I rambled on a bit longer than I intended to when I started writing this, but I wanted this to serve as a sort of summary in case any of my earlier points were lost or misunderstood. Hope you can check this out. @Agnaa @AKM sama @Arc7Kuroi

Last edited:
If Aizen had said "Anyone who comes into contact with me will cease to exist." or "Everyone who comes into contact with me will cease to exist." That would be different. That would most definitely imply that there is no upper limit to Aizen's ability here and that a difference in spiritual energy isn't a factor here. But that isn't the case, so that's why I don't think it is good to assume that Aizen's "hax" here is limitless.

If we're getting so caught up on the specific wording, down to the level of you changing your mind based on whether it says "any human" or "anyone", shouldn't the raws be posted? I can check the translation. This scan and this scan in particular.

Didn't mean to imply that I would change my entire mind if that difference existed; just that there would be a difference in this scenario. If the raws can be checked, that's fine.

Resistances aren't a black-and-white issue I feel. Ichigo and Yhwach simply having "feats" of not being erased by point-blank proximity to Aizen isn't all there is unless you go into it without thinking about context at all.

When Aizen says this: "Humans can't sense my power because they can't sense spirit energy. But their spirits are unable to withstand my power." That has an clear meaning to me:

Humans (AKA ordinary, non-spiritually-aware humans) are so "weak" spiritually that they can't sense spirit energy and they can't withstand Aizen's sheer power.

They're so much weaker, Aizen simply states "Any human who comes into contact with me will cease to exist."

It's true, that Aizen could simply be saying humans because of the context that the only people around him are humans but the implication is still there in Aizen's words that even though humans can't withstand his power, then other things could. This is not to say that all non-humans can withstand his power. Nobody is demanding that Aizen say "Oh, and Hollows also can't withstand my power."

It's just a matter of there being a certain level of 'strength' that a spirit can be before it can withstand being near Aizen's power.

Now, we get another mention of this "withstanding spiritual energy" here, for the Don scene: "It seems you're unable to withstand my spiritual energy anymore."

This isn't Aizen flexing his Reiatsu in Don's direction. We saw that Aizen could do with that with a character like Grimmjow earlier in the arc when he was much weaker. If he was actually trying to crush Don deliberately, he would have done so much sooner. So this is merely Aizen's passive spiritual energy, and Don (although incredibly weak in the grand scheme of things) is still able to stand within Aizen's range for a short period of time before being unable to withstand it.

So, we know that this passive ability that erases things is a result of Aizen's sheer power. He says as much when he states that humans can't withstand it, and he points out that his Reiatsu is undiminished and merely kept close to him when he erases a Shinigami. "These restraints don't eliminate my spiritual pressure. They only keep it near me. I don't have to tell you what will happen if you try to touch me."

Taking this all together, the implications are clear. Somebody who is not monumentally weaker than Aizen will be able to withstand Aizen's sheer power / spiritual energy, and they would not be expected to be erased. When Ichgio grabbed Aizen by the face and dragged him off forcibly to a new location, Aizen was not surprised that Ichigo wasn't erased by him, he was just surprised that he was physically overpowered. While it's possible Aizen was just holding himself back at this point, he still doesn't even think of trying to erase Ichigo, not does it cross his mind that Ichigo is somehow unable to be erased.

Likewise when fighting Yhwach, when Aizen has no reason to be holding back. He's able to physically interact with Yhwach and not erase him. Never is it implied that erasure should be happening and Yhwach is simply resisting it. It just never takes place in the first place, and is never indicated to be able to take place at all.

I rambled on a bit longer than I intended to when I started writing this, but I wanted this to serve as a sort of summary in case any of my earlier points were lost or misunderstood. Hope you can check this out. @Agnaa @AKM sama @Arc7Kuroi
Works for me, makes it easier in responding to your current viewpoints lol, I’ll get back to you with my thoughts on this in a few hours.

@Arcker123; already apologized for that post. I would take it back via deleting it, but I wanted to leave it up as it didn't seem right to remove it without apology.

@Arcker123; already apologized for that post. I would take it back via deleting it, but I wanted to leave it up as it didn't seem right to remove it without apology.

What you said is still concession.

I also had that typed up before you edited that, I just went to bed.

@Arcker123; take it however you like, my vote currently remains the same. I just apologize for the tone I used with you.

On that note, it's about time for me to head to bed.

Eh, could you post a few more panels? We don't actually see the others nearby being unaffected in those two.
Hm, how about I give u a link to the starting page from the chapter and you move to the next ones? That will be much easier for me, there you go, read till page 10, at page 10 it shows Zommari and others sitting unaffected while Grimmjow was on his knees, barely able to breath.

Edit: this is the scan
Has it ever been a thing in Bleach where characters have had qualities to their RCs that stronger characters lack?
I don't think this has ever been stated or shown.

Dope, thanks.

But having a look at Damage's recent post makes me notice a wider consistency in "spiritual energy/pressure" being used for both RC and EE that I didn't pick up on before.

So both of those pieces of evidence moved me, but ultimately left me staying at giving resists under a possibly. There's a combination of similarities and differences, making going 100% on either interpretation a bit weird.

I also suggested what Deceived has said, a compromise for possibly EE based on the equal interpretation argument, thank you.

I’m admittedly confused at this point.

If the EE can be resisted by spiritual power, then it sounds like to me it can just be resisted by those with resistance to soul manipulation, I don’t see how it’s limited in its ability to effect those without some sort of unnatural property, it just so happens everyone in bleach has a varying degrees of “soul strength”, but as far as I can tell, for cross verse purposes anyone with no soul durability feats would be no different to a “human” as far as this ability is concerned.

I’m still for removing the limited rating, but it should be noted characters with both EE resistance and soul based attack resistance can survive it.

Hasty: Some of the issue is whether other Bleach characters should get EE resistance for not being affected by it.

I guess under your interpretation they would've resisted it via resisting soul manip, and therefore not get resistance?

Hasty: Some of the issue is whether other Bleach characters should get EE resistance for not being affected by it.

I guess under your interpretation they would've resisted it via resisting soul manip, and therefore not get resistance?
Yeah, if the ability is contingent on those affected by it not having strong enough souls, then no one would get a resistance to EE, as the EE can be resisted by soul strength.

so whilst the application of the EE shouldn’t be “limited” IMO, the EE itself can just be resisted by having a strong soul, so anyone in Bleach who resists it may not inherently gain resistance to EE.

First to tackle the "Aizen EEs humans because they're weak souls" point. My issue with your interpretation is that you pigeon hole the word "power" in Aizen's statement to refer to his power level/spiritual pressure, when power can refer to an ability as well. It is equally valid to interpret "But their spirits are unable to withstand my power" as "their spirits cannot withstand my ability" where ability would refer to his EE hax. And in that vein it would simply mean that humans do not have resistance to EE. Because in reality, not being able to sense spirit energy doesn't narrow down their sensory to simple power levels, considering spiritual senses and perceptions allow you to sense more than just someone's power level. My argument here is another equal interpretation argument, using the fact that power doesn't have to mean spiritual pressure/spirit energy/power levels, it can refer to abilities as well (characters in Bleach and fiction in general refer to their haxes and abilities as their "power" or "powers").

Now to tackle the "Any human..." statement and the if Aizen said anyone argument. Aizen refers to Ichigo as a human as well, meaning Aizen is not inherently referring to only the weak regular humans of the living world that cannot sense spirit energy. Ichigo by Aizen's own definition would fall under "any human". Again, Aizen bringing up humans in that context in Deicide is purely contextualized by the fact that he had just erased a human, since later in the TYBW when he reminds Shunsui and the others of his EE aura, he makes the statement far broader. Regardless, because Aizen classifies Ichigo as human, he objectively cannot be solely referring to weak regular humans in his "any human" statement, debunking the notion that his hax is restricted to weak regular humans.

We actually do not know that Aizen's EE aura is a result of sheer power. The only claim we can make with objectivity is that the Hogyoku, in the process of evolving Aizen, enabled Aizen to manifest a hyper short range EE aura. None of the Don scans or TYBW scans inherently suggest or even prove that Aizen's EE is a result of sheer power. In fact that interpretation doesn't make much sense when you consider that stronger characters (Ichigo and Yhwach) don't have this EE aura despite having more sheer power than Aizen.

Taking this all together, the implications are clear. Somebody who is not monumentally weaker than Aizen will be able to withstand Aizen's sheer power / spiritual energy, and they would not be expected to be erased. When Ichigo grabbed Aizen by the face and dragged him off forcibly to a new location, Aizen was not surprised that Ichigo wasn't erased by him, he was just surprised that he was physically overpowered. While it's possible Aizen was just holding himself back at this point, he still doesn't even think of trying to erase Ichigo, not does it cross his mind that Ichigo is somehow unable to be erased.
This above conclusion is predicated on the assumption that Aizen's EE aura is directly connected to his power level, which as I show above is not objectively provable, and likely not even probable. Also, Aizen was repeatedly incorrect regarding his assessment of Ichigo in Deicide, so his statements regarding Ichigo cannot reliably be used to draw any concrete conclusions. Especially, when the point of Deicide is to deconstruct Aizen's character as he progresses from the calculating and careful master mind into the arrogant villain drunk on his own power.

Again, Yhwach and Ichigo not being erased when within the EE aura range of Aizen is not proof of your claim, the interpretation of them getting close is entirely dependent on how we interpret Aizen's EE aura. It isn't a point for either side, and rather whether or not they are resisting EE will be resultant of our conclusion on the mechanics of Aizen's EE aura.

Anyways, I believe I have sufficiently shown how Aizen's EE aura warrants at least a possibly rating and that as a result the likes of Ichigo and Yhwach would receive possibly resistance ratings.

Here, Grimmjow was moving away and Aizen made him bow on his knees with his Reiatsu crush while all the espada were sitting next to Aizen casually unaffected, even tho Grimmjow is the 6th strongest Espada, Szayel, Yammy and Zommari were there and they are all weaker than Grimmjow.

I believe this is actually ok, at least by currently accepted info, because when Aizen kills Tosen via RC (which is accepted atm I believe) it doesn't affect Komamura or Shuhei.

I'm not sure if this is right or wrong or whatnot, but I know this was accepted in an ability thread so, probably fine.

I believe this is actually ok, at least by currently accepted info, because when Aizen kills Tosen via RC (which is accepted atm I believe) it doesn't affect Komamura or Shuhei.

I'm not sure if this is right or wrong or whatnot, but I know this was accepted in an ability thread so, probably fine.
I don't remember that being accepted.

My issue with your interpretation is that you pigeon hole the word "power" in Aizen's statement to refer to his power level/spiritual pressure, when power can refer to an ability as well. It is equally valid to interpret "But their spirits are unable to withstand my power" as "their spirits cannot withstand my ability" where ability would refer to his EE hax.
It's not pigeon holing and it can't be equally interpreted as otherwise. Look at the statement again:

"Don't come near me. Humans can't sense my power because they can't sense spirit energy. But their spirits are unable to withstand my power."

"Humans can't sense my power because they can't sense spirit energy" is directly referring to power as in the one which is brought about by having a high spirit energy. This is not referencing any ability because you can't sense someone's EE ability. The second sentence is built off of the first, so power there means the same aforementioned power.

Coupled with the following statement:
"Such gross carelessness. These restraints do not eliminate my spiritual pressure. They only keep it near me. I don't have to tell you what will happen if you try to touch me."
It's again implied to be a product of his power, or spiritual pressure.

In both of these statements, he is referring to power, as in spirit energy or pressure.

One more reason for why Ichigo and Yhwach being unaffected by Aizen's EE (which is implied to be the product of his spiritual pressure) makes more sense, is because it's consistent with Zaraki stating that in a collision of two spiritual pressures, the stronger remains unaffected but the weaker gets affected, when Zaraki with his high spiritual power was not getting cut by Ichigo's lower spiritual power/sword.

Ichigo remaining unaffected by Aizen's EE is in line with that.

AKM: Yeah, while that is the reasoning supporting that argument, it runs against the reality that no other character has their larger spiritual pressure result in EE, or for it to result in any abnormal ability like this. It's that discrepancy which pushes me over to endorsing a possibly rating.

Since your argument's built of it being in line with ordinary spiritual pressure based on some implications and similar wordings, this outlier-ish/contradictory nature of the EE functioning that way should add some doubt.

@Agnaa; the major characters in question who could be considered comparable to Transcendent Aizen - Yhwach and Ichigo - do not physically interact with fodder.

It is an outlier in how spiritual energy works; because Aizen himself at that level of power is an extreme outlier compared to 99% of the cast.

Does he only have that EE when Transcendent, and not in any earlier arcs?

Assuming that's all accurate, while there are still some pro-resistance arguments left, they seem to be more weak, supplementary ones of far more minor mechanical differences.

I'm back to disagreeing with this change.

First to tackle the "Aizen EEs humans because they're weak souls" point. My issue with your interpretation is that you pigeon hole the word "power" in Aizen's statement to refer to his power level/spiritual pressure, when power can refer to an ability as well. It is equally valid to interpret "But their spirits are unable to withstand my power" as "their spirits cannot withstand my ability" where ability would refer to his EE hax. And in that vein it would simply mean that humans do not have resistance to EE. Because in reality, not being able to sense spirit energy doesn't narrow down their sensory to simple power levels, considering spiritual senses and perceptions allow you to sense more than just someone's power level. My argument here is another equal interpretation argument,
Going to have to disagree here on equal interpretation. , Power is more often than not, a very holistic term, that's not to say that power cant be referring to a specific ability but when it does there's normally a precedence for it in the work or's attached to a larger context. for definitons this broad the interpretation thats the most specific would require the most evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back