• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach revisions

In the first databook, Bleach: Official Character Book SOULS Page 207, it is stated that Ichigo in his Bankai moves at the speed of lightning https://m.imgur.com/zUpFjxU

Conclusion: If this gets accepted, it would be used to quantify the arrancar arc speed scaling and those that were blitzing ichigo up and down.

"Move at lightning speed" is one of the most common hyperboles in fiction.

AppleLord said:
"like" lightning isn't a feat.
It doesn't say like" lightning,it says fast as lightning from what I recall,I will probably wait for @imade to comment since he knows Japanese very well.

Oh my god, if you want a speed feat then you have to calc him slapping away Byakuya's petal blades. Let's just use the anime time frame for it to get a idea for his speed ? Just for testing and so people can stop bringing up the databook

Dangai Ichigo said:
Oh my god, if you want a speed feat then you have to calc him slapping away Byakuya's petal blades. Let's just use the anime time frame for it to get a idea for his speed ? Just for testing and so people can stop bringing up the databook
You can't scale with this because of calc stacking.

I'm just saying that if someone wants Ichigo's speed then use a feat not a databook hyperbole, heck the databook might actually be referring to these parts

Danny1112 said:
AppleLord said:
"like" lightning isn't a feat.
It doesn't say like" lightning,it says fast as lightning from what I recall,I will probably wait for @imade to comment since he knows Japanese very well.
8efiHHLs
It actually does say Like Lightning

With the new info of Candice's lightning from the novel, do we still consider that a feat? Would base dual shikai Ichigo scale? Can we back scale using a fraction of that speed of his base according to OMZ?

How'd you get this imgur scan? I've never posted that on the Wiki and only on /r/whowouldwin.

But yeah, I own both the English version and the Japanese version of the SOULs Databook.

Kanji
ÚøÀÕàëÒü«ÕªéÒüìþÑ×ÚǃÒüºþÖ¢ÕôëÒéÆÞ┐¢ÒüäÞ®░ÒéüÒÇü ÒüØÒü«Þç│Þ┐æÒü½Òü¥Òüºµö╗ÒéüµÄøÒüïÒéïõ©ÇÞ¡À

Translation
Driving Byakuya into a corner with god-speed/great speed like/the same as lightning, Ichigo attacks at close range!

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
How'd you get this imgur scan? I've never posted that on the Wiki and only on /r/whowouldwin.
But yeah, I own both the English version and the Japanese version of the SOULs Databook.

Kanji
ÚøÀÕàëÒü«ÕªéÒüìþÑ×ÚǃÒüºþÖ¢ÕôëÒéÆÞ┐¢ÒüäÞ®░ÒéüÒÇü ÒüØÒü«Þç│Þ┐æÒü½Òü¥Òüºµö╗ÒéüµÄøÒüïÒéïõ©ÇÞ¡À

Translation
Driving Byakuya into a corner with god-speed/great speed like/the same as lightning, Ichigo attacks at close range!
I got it from reddit,thanks for the translation, seems it clarifies bankai ichigo being able to move at the speed lightning unlike the other one which says like lightning, so this can be used then??

AnonymousBlank said:
Lightning is still pretty vague since it varies from 220,000 mph to 220,000,000 mph.
Well we could range it using average lightning speed,average lightning speed which is used everywhere is around mach 286 while this wiki it's around mach 1k from what I recall.

Mach 286 is a lower end that VS doesn't use. VS Wiki's standard:

For the purpose of calculating speed feats we use the average lightning speed of 4.4×105 m/s (Mach 1294), which is suggested by this study.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
Mach 286 is a lower end that VS doesn't use. VS Wiki's standard:
For the purpose of calculating speed feats we use the average lightning speed of 4.4×105 m/s (Mach 1294), which is suggested by this study.
Yeah that's what I said in my comment above,@Anonymous just suggested using mach 286 as a low ball to avoid shitstorm or something like that,I agree with you,since the wiki already have an average speed for lightning,That should be used instead.

Pretty sure I was explaining why others used 286 but w/ever. Are still not allowed to use the Ichigo moves at lightning speed minimum for 9hrs 15 mins for the Palace distance?

AnonymousBlank said:
Pretty sure I was explaining why others used 286 but w/ever. Are still not allowed to use the Ichigo moves at lightning speed minimum for 9hrs 15 mins for the Palace distance?
I wasn't aiming for this tho,I was aiming for a quantifiable speed scaling for the arrancar arc through this.

I know, I was looking for their speed justifications yesterday. Just checking if that is valid for the distance (may as well).

AnonymousBlank said:
I believe currently we don't have this despite Ichigo's MHS+ and Sub-Rel ratings because those ratings were derived from calcs. Thus it would be calc-stacking.

If we are to accept this databook statement, then I believe it could be applied due to it not being a calc.

I recall a similar lightning databook + calc with Naruto. There was an attempt to find a lightning speed statement in the databook for the Raikage for a calc with Minato, it only failed because the lightning statement didn't actually say he was as fast or like lightning, just that he wore lightning.

AnonymousBlank said:
I know, I was looking for their speed justifications yesterday. Just checking if that is valid for the distance (may as well).
It could be used,well after this gets through.

AnonymousBlank said:
If the databook isn't where our current Bleach speed rating comes from, then where does it?
Might have been a backward scaling or something, that's why I needed to make this CRT tbh.

AnonymousBlank said:
If the databook isn't where our current Bleach speed rating comes from, then where does it?
I have no idea either. TataHakai made a thread about it a month ago, but it was closed because we discovered that the ratings were put in place by Soldier Blue who has been inactive due to real life.

It was to be reopened once he had time to explain since the derived ratings were from several threads.

To this day I do not understand why it's not being used, lol.

One thing, Tensa Zangetsu is Ichigo's Bankai and he reaches that speed with her, this quote is also valid for Tensa Zangetsu, right ?

Back