• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach: Renji and Mask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like seriously Damage, you can’t tell me his discussion rule making is in the wrong when others have brought up that it took like 5 threads of the same thing when people have made a seireitei downgrade thread and it took that many times finally make a discussion rule about it. One that doesn’t really matter because as soon as the anime comes out you’re going to make another. I’m just skeptical when it comes to staff members commenting on Bleach because I know they’re not in favor of it

I haven't seen anything about a discussion rule yet. I might have just missed it though.

This is uncalled for. Disagreeing with a staff member's judgement does not mean belittling them.
While I won’t condone any slander against Staff. I ask that AKM stop intentionally provoking the supporters as well by saying stuff like “this will never get accepted”. It’s obvious that it provoked people the first time he said it, and it clearly provoked people the second time.

Again I don’t condone anyone lashing back out, but it’s a two way street and I’d appreciate it if we ALL can be civil.

Thank you.

He means do people that scale to it get stacked multipliers on it
As per the OPs request, who scales and how scaling is affected is going to be saved for an application thread, this is just to get the calc accepted.

Also I’ll respond to damage’s two points in a bit.

23.png

Turning aside = cause someone or something to deviate in the direction; direct, avert or deflect someone or something on another course; veer or move away; change position.
Source: theidioms.com

Visual confirmation + auditory confirmation that Renji's Zabimaru deflected Mask's Star Flash = satisfies reflection requirement
Star Flash is a beam of light = satisfies made of light requirement
Two requirements satisfied = light speed laser
Regarding damage’s “it being reflected is vague” point.

The little bit of burning would be entirely to the beam being so energetic and hot that the limited flux into the blade heated it up that much. And as you say, Renji’s blade isn’t pure white, it isn’t a perfect reflector.

Regarding Mask not being a reliable source.

I’ll reiterate: Yhwach has detailed daten on the Quincy techniques that he hands out to his very own Quincy, additionally Mask has had 100s if not 1000s of years to familiarize himself with his own techniques. There’s little reason to doubt him.

I’ll reiterate: Yhwach has detailed daten on the Quincy techniques that he hands out to his very own Quincy, additionally Mask has had 100s if not 1000s of years to familiarize himself with his own techniques. There’s little reason to doubt him.

I get your point as just "Mask should have time to be aware of his own techniques" but I don't think we have any kind of confirmation that Mask has been alive for hundreds of years.

We saw As Nodt in a modern-day hospital before he was picked up by Yhwach and recruited into the Sternritter. So there's no reason to assume that all of the Sternritter have been around since the beginning of the Wandenreich / end of the previous Quincy war.

Fair that doesn’t address the fact Yhwach gives out databooks to his army.
For the sake of verification, do you have the scans on the Quincy having this daten on their own specific techniques?

I've talked to a few other staff members about this feat, and they agree that "beam of light" in this context does not meet our standards. It really isn't about subjective interpretation. It's a pretty objective thing. The standards are there for everyone to see, and so is the statement. It either meets it, or doesn't. If you think it does, then perhaps you didn't understand the requirements in the first place. I am currently awaiting the input from other staff members.

Wasn't the thread you created for statements like “beam of light” to be accepted as the 4th requirement if it's without contradiction?
It was yes and AKM Sama himself said beam of light is fine in that thread

The argument isn't so much that "beam of light" is invalid, rather the argument is that the way Mask said it and the context makes it invalid, which is wrong, but at that point you're just arguing against AKM Sama's faulty interpretation.

The whole "wait for the anime" or "wait for more info" is just a weak attempt at buying time and avoid dealing with the issue now.

Like, lets be real, how many if any of us are going to be here in 3 or so years when the anime actually reaches that point, let alone when a possible databook drops which basically has a zero % chance of happening.

The whole "wait for the anime" or "wait for more info" is just a weak attempt at buying time and avoid dealing with the issue now.

Like, lets be real, how many if any of us are going to be here in 3 or so years when the anime actually reaches that point, let alone when a possible databook drops which basically has a zero % chance of happening.
……. I will.

I myself have been spending less time on this wiki

Don't think that will do anything? If I'm understanding correctly either they believe it still needs to say photons for whatever reason or that somehow mask statement is flowery.

Me out of spite, I'll disappear for a few years to go buy cigs at the milk store and come back

Don't think that will do anything? If I'm understanding correctly either they believe it still needs to say photons for whatever reason or that somehow mask statement is flowery.
Objectively false tho, considering the last LS thread got "beam of light" as a satisfactory statement to the fourth requirement barring no contradictions.

Is this the time Bleahc changes the standards for light speed!?
Follow more on the next episode-
But seriously "beam of light" : it doesn't bend, it reflects, it burns, it doesn't explode. It travels in a straight line
Seems light speed to me, unless "beam of light" means beam of pee-

It seems we may have to wait for a databook to release and the technique glossary in the back to call it a "beam of light" lmao.
The moment this technique is defined as a beam of light in a legitimate databook will be the moment when Mask's statement would be confirmed to be a reliable matter-of-fact thing and I will vouch for it myself. Take my word for it, if you can believe that.

Any elaboration?

Is stated to be a beam of light which thanks to the thread posted here it qualifies for the 4th requirement of it being light

It's also reflected/deflected which is shown + stated
Mostly what Damage is saying. The "statement" is questionable, although I'm sure the reflection part is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back