• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Bleach Bankai General Discussion Thread 23

Since Shinji's bankai seems to invert friend and foe instantly as soon it is switched on, i.e, it's passive, doesn't that mean that technically if you create a battle in which Shinji starts in Bankai, he'll always win ? Unless his opponent is somehow immune to his bankai ?

LordWhis said:
Since Shinji's bankai seems to invert friend and foe instantly as soon it is switched on, i.e, it's passive, doesn't that mean that technically if you create a battle in which Shinji starts in Bankai, he'll always win ? Unless his opponent is somehow immune to his bankai ?
According to Shinji, it doesn't work in 1v1s, so in a 1v1, he'd just use his Shikai. That's why they didn't have everyone clear out and just send Shinji to solo Aizen

it dont cuz theres no one else to fight other than each other so even if he uses it, it wont do anything... unless hes fighting another shinigami or host of a demon/monster then the spirit/monster/demon can fight their host

Zezu1995 said:
it dont cuz theres no one else to fight other than each other so even if he uses it, it wont do anything... unless hes fighting another shinigami or host of a demon/monster then the spirit/monster/demon can fight their host
His profile disagrees with you

Dangai Ichigo wrote:

Not at all since Aizen gave them thr off screen

They were able to fight him, do pretty well and injure him. They definitely cannot he high 6Cs, they are low 6B+s at the very least.

isshin injured him with getsuga and kisuke injured with his bombs IN SHIKAI.. just saying also they would scale to captains anyways logically they should be stronger than most of them same with ishidas dad

LordWhis said:
Zezu1995 said:
His profile is also wrong in the description (I'll bring it up in the Bankai thread)

When his Bankai is active, he can't move from the ring and his sword becomes a staff, so how would he do as the description implies as stab the enemy

LordWhis said:
What does Yhwach/SK's passive powernull not work on?
Does it not work on hollows?
it doesn't work on Accausal or those that resist powernull a great deal.

where do you get the impression that it doesn't work on hollows ?

BakiHanma18 said:
LordWhis said:
Zezu1995 said:
His profile is also wrong in the description (I'll bring it up in the Bankai thread)
When his Bankai is active, he can't move from the ring and his sword becomes a staff, so how would he do as the description implies as stab the enemy
There's a part in the novel where Shinji said that he can always pretend to be their friend and stab them in the back in a 1v1. And he also said that he didn't used it against Aizen because he was saving it in case Aizen use KS on Ichigo.

I got some rippin into people to do, because I haven't been fortunate enough to be able to sit down and read CFYOW, and people have been telling me his Bankai has 0 use in 1v1s. I even suggested this very thing and they said it wouldn't work

I think it's less useful in 1v1s since you can just let people kill each other in a 1vMultiple and in a 1v1 you have to do the sneak attack yourself but it is still far from useless.

Is it possible Aaroniero was an Adjuchas who regressed earlier in his life ? That would explain why he wasn't able to become an Adjuchas despite eating enough hollows to achieve a Vasto Lorde level of power?

ya if they made a novel about bountos and made them canon it will be amazing and ichigo wont be part of that race

Can't disagree with that. If it weren't for them popping up in the middle of other arcs, they feel right at home with the setting. What are your guys' favorite non canon arcs or elements from them? In order if you feel like it. Mine is probably Reigai or Rebellion.

Reigai was pretty good imo

zanpakuto was neat , seeing the zamps spirits interacts .

Amagai arc was meh , amagai himself being alright as a characther.

Bounts is my least favorite. might have to rewatch it tho, been quite a while

Thinking back on Bounts, the start seemed kinda cool with the whole monsters in the night theme they had going on, twins were especially horror vibing in the hospital, new guys with summons that were all unique. Can't really remember what made me dislike it since I was already disliking it before they went to SS which was boring af imo. Wait ..... yeah I remember why now. Wasn't a fan of all the Shinigami showing up to basically bail out the Ryoka squad (should be noted that I had stopped watching the anime for years and had caught up to the manga so I watched the anime arcs for something new while waiting for more chapters. Was pissed that the Ryoka were relegated to being trash), mod souls weren't that good either (except best plush Nova), Ichigo and the whole "no Bankai irl" was interesting as it nerfed him from just bodying the Bounts but that got tossed out the moment muhfuckin Renji whipped out Bankai first (epic) moment to see Renji still be somewhat of a rival to Ichigo, Ishida and the vampire milf was exhausting (her flame on mode was nice tho. Fusing people with their "Zanpakuto" eh? Where have I seen that before?).

Renji didn't really seem like a rival to Ichigo in that arc. Uryu and Byakyuya did though.

Is Zangetsu haxier than Ichigo ?

AnonymousBlank said:
Thinking back on Bounts, the start seemed kinda cool with the whole monsters in the night theme they had going on, twins were especially horror vibing in the hospital, new guys with summons that were all unique. Can't really remember what made me dislike it since I was already disliking it before they went to SS which was boring af imo. Wait ..... yeah I remember why now. Wasn't a fan of all the Shinigami showing up to basically bail out the Ryoka squad (should be noted that I had stopped watching the anime for years and had caught up to the manga so I watched the anime arcs for something new while waiting for more chapters. Was pissed that the Ryoka were relegated to being trash), mod souls weren't that good either (except best plush Nova), Ichigo and the whole "no Bankai irl" was interesting as it nerfed him from just bodying the Bounts but that got tossed out the moment muhfuckin Renji whipped out Bankai first (epic) moment to see Renji still be somewhat of a rival to Ichigo, Ishida and the vampire milf was exhausting (her flame on mode was nice tho. Fusing people with their "Zanpakuto" eh? Where have I seen that before?).
Agreed, Bount Arc deserves more credit, besides it fit in quite well with the timeline

I'd say it depends which Zangetsu you are talking about but the answer to both is yes .... ironically. You'd think Ichigo getting both of their power sets combined into one would make him haxier but he is just as much of brick as before. One sword has regen, speed amps that bypass IA and ESP, along with similar stats and more skill while the other has atomic hax, stat amps, weapon creation, probably danmaku and all that other cool standard Quincy shit while Ichigo got 2 "new" Getsuga's and ..... a small sword. Zangetsu should have been the MC with Old Man as his Zan, that would be a fun relationship/interaction between a Shinigami and their Zan.

Back