• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Black Rock Shooter OVA: Poor evidencing and questionable scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired

From my knowledge everything is scaled to this character, who has the justification that her "existence held up her mansion", which, without specific mechanics unifying her capabilities, wouldn't scale to her physicals. Hell if anything it's an inversion of Environmental Destruction. If this isn't the case, her file does a terrible job explaining why not.

Alongside this, this verse has extremely poor proofing, doesn't elaborate on any of its P&A, and links no evidence, which, the entirety of this verse is on YouTube, even including specific scenes, so it's no longer excusable.

Unfamiliar with the verse, so I'll have to leave this for the supporters to fix, otherwise given this poor filemaking is now outdated by wiki standard, I may have to get these files deleted.

I'm mostly a supporter of the verse because I liked the anime and one of the mangas, I didn't had much to with the profiles formating, so I dunno what most things are from really.

Hm, I do like the verse and agree that the abilities like Regen needs links. The Regen for Dead Master seems to be scale from Rock, due to them being the same type of being.

Hm... Actually, there is no context to BlackRockShooter regenerating from Saw's attack by the OVA. I guess its assumed she would survive but there is no continuation of the fight between Rock and Saw in the OVA after getting stabbed.

Just went over the ova and there's nothing that mentions DM sustaining her domain they just fight without any words the only one who says anything is BRS at the end of the OVA asking the main lead if dhe wants to save her friend and that her name is BRS

So we can just get into the feats
And here they are

The most impressive looking ones are
0:50 GW yeets BRS into the ground and breaks the floor
1:08 GW breaks a concrete wall
4:30 where DM's shockwave destroys part of the floor

We should bring those feats to calced. As for Regen, I don't believe we can be certain about it, as Rock's fight could've happened later in the timeline in the OVA. Rock could've died from it, but might not be likely, due to her Main Character status and the tone of the OVA that friendship and heart wins.

Low-Mid Regen should have a "Likely" rating next to it.

We should bring those feats to calced.
@DemonGodMitchAubin @KieranH10 @Armorchompy

Willing to help?
As for Regen, I don't believe we can be certain about it, as Rock's fight could've happened later in the timeline in the OVA. Rock could've died from it, but might not be likely, due to her Main Character status and the tone of the OVA that friendship and heart wins.

Low-Mid Regen should have a "Likely" rating next to it.
Sounds more like a "Possibly"

I think that might also be cause that structure was load-bearing

maybe
it seems weird since the world isn't really normal but i'm fine with dismissing it

is this alright ?
i yeeted the regen from dead master and gold saw because there's nothing that says that they have a universal physiology thing or anything like that
edit: i also added weapon mastery since they know their stuff

is this alright ?
i yeeted the regen from dead master and gold saw because there's nothing that says that they have a universal physiology thing or anything like that
edit: i also added weapon mastery since they know their stuff
Yeah this is a direct upgrade.

Better work on the Black Rock Shooter page as well though, before applying.

Great job :y

done
and so are the profiles
btw do i need a crt for adding scans ? cuz that's the only issue i have with rock-chan iirc

done with rock-chan(pretty cute manga
677388880797892620.webp
)
check if i ****** up with somethin

yeah double checked and it was rock cannon i just thought that it's name was canon from rock-chan's page

touched up on the verse page to make it look more aesthetically pleasing ( resizing images was a pain though
890059988926607401.webp
)
but more importantly tommorow i'm gonna go to city that's far away(1K km) to visit my sick grandfather and chill there for 4 days so i won't be able to edit
although i'm gonna watch the anime and the game and i'm still gonna be active

Has this verse been improved on yes, and if not, what is left to do here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back