• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A crocodile in the mansion of the dead (Giant Crocodile vs Dead Master)

Alright one of my pages so I'll give advantages for each side as I see it:

Giant Crocodile:

Superior AP/Durability (0.13 ton vs 0.0405 which gives it a x3.20987654321 edge) and considering its bite likely can just cover her whole body if she gets chomped she looks like cheese afterwards
Superior LS (Class M vs Unknown, so if it grab her chains or something she's not getting them back and it can just hold her in place if it lands a grab)
Better suited to Room 910 (If they start in the dark area it can see better then her and can use stealth against her, if they start in the watery area then it can just camp in the water and yank her chains away and wreck the skulls forcing her into melee in terrain it's better at)
Possibly better stamina (She doesn't have any reasoning for hers, so until someone gives something the crocodile outlasts her when in the you consider its superhuman one + durability edge)

Dead Master:
Smarter (She could try and employ hit and run tactics against the crocodile, and is general can strategize better)
Better range (Crocodile must get into melee to hit her while she has several ranged options to try and wear it out)
Smaller (Crocodile's size makes it an easier target to hit while her makes so it's hard for it to turn around quickly and hit her)

Overall I think Giant Crocodile has better chances to win to stat superiority and having more useful abilities for the location they're in.

Superior LS (Class M vs Unknown, so if it grab her chains or something she's not getting them back and it can just hold her in place if it lands a grab)
While this isn't wrong, it's an unlikely scenario. Way more probable is just her wrapping the chains around its mouth while it's closed (why would they just throw it at an open croc mouth anyways) and that pretty much sets the entire match since Crocodiles can't open their mouths with anywhere near the force that they can bite down wi-

Due to having a strength score of 27[2] and being a huge quadruped creature they are vastly superior to the Stone Golem

Stone Golem is at minimum 8-C

Strength determines damage

What is this madness

We don't use Strength score to determine AP, we use CR
Also the LS isn't for the biting force only, it's for how strong they drag/push

Also it can trash her around rather easily with having superior stats overall, idk how the LS translates in the Crocodile's case but even assuming she somehow holds its mouth in place it can use its tail for combat instead (Although I do not see what would prevent it from getting rid of the chains with its claws or something, since Crocodiles have those)
Plus what can she do when it goes to the water, she seems to have only 2 skulls which it can destroy and a limited amount of chains which is can also destroy/she has to use to hold its mouth in place, she is just forced to engage the Crocodile in a range that she'll get wrecked in

i don't see him ever tagging her with her ganging up strat alongside superior skill

Ganging up?
With what the skulls?
Can't it just destroy the skulls, thing has over 3 times the AP she has

No i meant as in she can attack with the skulls and chains
I don't know. I mean, does she typically use those chains for restraint? Because superior LS will break those. Plus lack of LoS in a watery room does mean that the croc will likely get the first hit

I don't know. I mean, does she typically use those chains for restraint? Because superior LS will break those. Plus lack of LoS in a watery room does mean that the croc will likely get the first hit
No she uses them to attack as well, also Aren't they literally 10 meters apart so is the croc in the water alongside dead master or what

Yup, there are a few crates scattered around for one to stand on

Waist deep
then that shouldn't be an issue as both of them are aware of each other's presence by SBA unless he goes straight to hiding which won't matter depending on his size

then that shouldn't be an issue as both of them are aware of each other's presence by SBA unless he goes straight to hiding which won't matter depending on his size
I guess so

Hmm, number advantage does help Dead Master in this situation. I can see her winning this. I assume you vote for her

I vote for the Crocodile
It holds an edge in literally all stats barring range and intelligence and can just destroy her skulls and chains

He needs to attack for hitting any of them it's not like he has any AOE so he just gets ragdolled

Not ragdolled, overwhelmed. Higher LS, remember?
it's not like she uses the chains to mainly restrict people anyways and having to deal with like 4-5+ attacks is gonna get him overwhelmed unless he's like skilled or something which i very much doubt

it's not like she uses the chains to mainly restrict people anyways and having to deal with like 4-5+ attacks is gonna get him overwhelmed unless he's like skilled or something which i very much doubt
These monsters usually fight against entire parties of adventurers (which usually consist of 4, but can be higher).

So yeah, those kinds of numbers aren't really all that threatening.

Edit: Also, these crocodiles attack with both their bites and tails at once, so surrounding and even coming from above would threaten an attack. At the CR the crocodile is at, it can pose a challenge to adventurers who have unlocked flight, so attacking at weird angles also ain't gonna be a problem.

These monsters usually fight against entire parties of adventurers (which usually consist of 4, but can be higher).

So yeah, those kinds of numbers aren't really all that threatening.

Edit: Also, these crocodiles attack with both their bites and tails at once, so surrounding and even coming from above would threaten an attack. At the CR the crocodile is at, it can pose a challenge to adventurers who have unlocked flight, so attacking at weird angles also ain't gonna be a problem.
you need to give me the details how could he hold his own against 4 different opponents at once
her chains is seen seems to have no limits so 4-5 is just a lowball

Somehow doesn't have Death Manip : 4
Big Croc : 1
Incon : 0

9-A versions used (Use this Giant Croc's calc)
Speed equalized
Fight takes place in Room 910, 10 meters apart with no LoS
Something incredibly important I want to highlight. They don't have line of sight. And they are within enough range that the croc's enhanced senses can let it detect her. Crocodilians by nature are ambush predators, and this one even has stealth mastery. A single bite is all it takes for the croc to end it with that insane LS, and with stealth? I see the croc grabbing her way often than not. And having established that the croc can, in fact, withstand a big numbers assault... Yeah, I vote the croc.

you need to give me the details how could he hold his own against 4 different opponents at once
her chains is seen seems to have no limits so 4-5 is just a lowball
The CR system measures how dangerous an enemy is to a group of at least 4 adventurers of equal level. That means, the croc can deal with at least 4 adventurers of comparable AP at once. These can include wizards capable of flight, range spam and a variety of spell effects; fighters with insane stamina; divine magice users, including druids capable of commanding large vines (similar to her usage of chains); etc etc etc

A single CR 1 adventurer is well enough trained above most city guards, and every CR can possibly stomp the last, so by the time they get to lvl 5? They are well seasoned and experienced. The crocodile can still threaten them. It's literally considered a 50/50 chance.

The CR system measures how dangerous an enemy is to a group of at least 4 adventurers of equal level. That means, the croc can deal with at least 4 adventurers of comparable AP at once. These can include wizards capable of flight, range spam and a variety of spell effects; fighters with insane stamina; divine magice users, including druids capable of commanding large vines (similar to her usage of chains); etc etc etc

A single CR 1 adventurer is well enough trained above most city guards, and every CR can possibly stomp the last, so by the time they get to lvl 5? They are well seasoned and experienced. The crocodile can still threaten them. It's literally considered a 50/50 chance.
that doesn't tell me anything it could be either because of the speed or the AP of the enemy
the rest seems like Tabletop stuff that has no meaning without more context

that doesn't tell me anything it could be either because of the speed or the AP of the enemy
They are all of comparable stats. We measure the stats based on the CR in the first place.

Simply, the croc poses a challenge anyway.

They are all of comparable stats. We measure the stats based on the CR in the first place.

Simply, the croc poses a challenge anyway.
that still doesn't tell us how he somehow can challenge 4 people comparable to him in power and it's not gonna matter anyways since the opponents will not just be 4 people

It means that the croc can threaten opponents with more options and resources than her. She doesn't have a skill advantage in anyway, and even her chains aren't something the monster can't possibly deal with.

In fact, I gave a very likely scenario of what would happen in this fight. The croc abuses it's stealth mastery which, given CR, threatens adventurers accustomed by this point to such tactics, and bites her and pins her with superior LS.

Back