• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel vs. Capcom Revision: Ultron-Sigma, Black Panther, Ability Additions, and Resistances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s true, but that clarification isn’t actually given in MvC. I don’t that sounds like a loophole from me, but Onslaught is described strictly as a psionic being created by Xavier and Magneto’s dark emotions here. We have nothing else to separate the armour as physical, and even then, Onslaught is still killed by those who can defeat him in certain endings
I get what you mean. MvC is very loyal to the comics. But given we already have some huge differences in abilities and physiologies, we can’t assume this is the case for Onslaught unless we’re told
I'd say it's more a lack of detailed explanations regarding Onslaught, who is basically the same character, but I kinda get NPI for at least killing him for good.
I'd prefer to keep it as possibly, but I won't fight to death for this.

The entire roster can’t resist it. Only those that were recruited and assisting Ruby Heart on her Earth. I definitely don’t think EVERYONE in MvC2 can resist it and that’s why I listed the characters I did. Sure, I do think those like Tron’s Servbots were spared via being robotic in nature. But everyone else on the team didn’t have the luxury
The element of there being a “countdown” for the planet is in regards to everything in its entirety. Organic life itself is either being faced with disease or straight up dying on the spot due to the winds. It would just be very odd to me to assume Ruby and several of her collected help, who even have to stroll up to Abyss himself, never have to deal with his passive effects at all. For stuff like his effects on the sea life, that obviously doesn’t effect anyone because nobody is confirmed to have gone in the water during that period in MvC2. But for stuff like death manip, it’s pretty unavoidable going by the official scans and bios
The mentioning of Amingo’s specific homeland in reference to death manip doesn’t come off as a work in progress to me. Simply, it’s referencing the scale at which Amingo is personally noticing Abyss’ presence
I can very well settle for a likely instead of plain addition, but I feel I'm almost stonewalling something that is basically harmless and reasonable.

Sorry for the late reply, but I've been on field work all day.

I'd say it's more a lack of detailed explanations regarding Onslaught, who is basically the same character, but I kinda get NPI for at least killing him for good.
I'd prefer to keep it as possibly, but I won't fight to death for this.
I'm essentially treating this not unlike how we treat other adaptations, where we're going by what this portrayal gives rather than going by things stated or shown to operate in canon (unless there is a reason to go off of those specifically). I definitely know this version of Onslaught, while being created the same way as in 616 and having some similar abilities, definitely has his fair share of differences, such as already having Franklin Richards and Nate Grey's powers from the start as well as not being in a mess of an arc here

I can very well settle for a likely instead of plain addition, but I feel I'm almost stonewalling something that is basically harmless and reasonable.
You felt the need to further discuss something you were unsure about. Better that we talked in through here as we did rather than later

Sorry for the late reply, but I've been on field work all day.
No worries, I totally get it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back