• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel vs. Capcom Revision: Ultron-Sigma, Black Panther, Ability Additions, and Resistances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lonkitt

He/Him
VS Battles
Retired
With the amount of page progress that’s been done with Marvel vs. Capcom recently, it’s important now more than ever to tie up some loss ends while proposing some other semi-larger scale tweaks.

However, I first must thank @Tonygameman, @Isaiah_ZaMangaka, and @MaidRips for their extensive contributions to this verse, as well as feedback on making this verse as clean as it can be on the wiki. Especially for this revision, each one has contributed something significant to me putting this all together.

Ultron-Sigma may boast the (current) greatest stats on the wiki, but this profile's revisions have been long overdo. I'll link a sandbox on what revised version will look like, but lets address the biggest change to the page:

Giving Ultron-Sigma a Tier 5 rating while 2-C is simply a higher AP rating via the Reality and Space Gems

The 2-C feat is pretty blatant. Its just the physicals that need to be redone. Why's that?

An Infinity Gem-powered Hulk is clearly shown to be able to tank his attack here. An Infinity Gem-powered Thor and X then have to fight and free Dante from UltronLater, Infinity Gem-empowered Dante and Captain Marvel are shown to be able to damage and temporarily hold off Ultron-Omega, but it requires the combined might of the four Infinity Gems, the Infinity Buster enhancing their power, and all of the heroes' energy to finish him off for good.

Now I do want to note that both states Ultron-Sigma is in above are faaaaaar beyond the heroes mentioned in terms of power. But they do heavily suggest he isn't flat out 2-C.

Not only that, later (while temporarily weakened), Ultron-Sigma has the Reality Gem cracked during an encounter with Thanos. From this point forward, Ultron-Sigma is still well above The Resistance, but is stated to be weakened. So much so that the Reality and Space Gems can't undo the fusion of the universes. Still, they're far above the the four other Infinity Gems, as stated by Dante after acquiring knowledge from the Soul Gem.

So taking this into account and the MANY missing abilities...here's my draft

Because of the tier change from Ultron-Sigma, Black Panther is surprisingly affected heavily by this. Remember, Cap's shield is made of Vibranium, and it was able to withstand attacks from Ultron-Sigma. Black Panther's entire suit is made out of Vibranium. Meanwhile, he has often sparred (and seemingly won in most matches) with the Monster Hunter, who can block an attack from Hulk (albeit still being sent back).

But hold on. I'm sure some of you might be wonder: "If T'Challa's that durable, why hesitate in regards to Ultron-Sigma? With how strong him and the Monster Hunter are, surely they along with The Resistance can pull up to him and clean house. Right?"

Its not that simple for two reasons:
A) T'Challa makes it clear he's against a direct approach in response to Ultron-Sigma. He tells the Monster Hunter this himself, as strategically its not only smarter, but safer for his own people. In fact, he's hesitant to even give the Time Gem to Steve because of his plan
B) Ultron-Sigma's still incredibly busted thanks to the Gems. Not even four could've scored a win against the guy when he was weakened, which is why Dante had to trick him the way he did. Whether its during the time he's still got 2-C AP, or just really really high upscaling from his base with the Gems, I'd say T'Challa's MORE than smart enough to know facing Ultron-Sigma in a straight up fight is a bad idea

Remember, I'm more so of the belief that T'Challa's durability is higher than his AP. I'd more so suggest "High 5-A" for his AP and "At least High 5-A, likely higher" for his durability. Reason being, Hulk blocked the Monster Hunter's attack and overpowered her. But still, given Vibranium's durability plus the fact the Monster Hunter's guard wasn't broken when block despite being sent back, High 5-A scaling still qualifies

For anyone wondering, this won't be any super complex Tier 1 stuff. Its pretty much the most straightforward cosmology you're gonna see in awhile. Its already been established in MvC that Marvel and Capcom have their own universes in the continuity that commonly crossover. In the proposal thread, I covered how the Dark Dimension and Makai Kingdom are also universes that exist (the Makai Kingdom more so being confirmed as one as it was treated as an individual universe that fused with the Dark Dimension because of Ultron-Sigma). But there's actually a lot more when you do some digging. I'll cover each one below very briefly and then talk about why it matters:

Marvel Universe
The universe in which heroes such as the X-Men and Avengers exist, protecting innocent people from the threat of super villains.

Mojo World
Another universe, home to the titular Mojo, an enemy of the X-Men.

The Dark Dimension
Another universe that has been taken over by the Dread Dormammu.

The Chaos Dimension
A universe ruled by Shuma-Gorath. It is implied his world mirrors our own in design.

Marvel Zombies Universe
Another dimension discovered by Reed Richards, knowledge of which he shared with Frank West.

Capcom Universe
The universe in which characters such as Street Fighters, Robots, Undead Creations, Demons, and several other unique individuals exist.

The Makai Kingdom
Another universe in which several supernatural creatures known as Darkstalkers originate.
  • It is treated as a universe, as it would later fuse with another, being the Dark Dimension, into the Dark Kingdom due to Ultron-Sigma's actions. It essentially met the same circumstances as the Marvel and Capcom universes fusions

Ruby Heart's Universe
A universe home to Ruby Heart, Amingo, and SonSon. Most infamously, this universe's Earth nearly faced its end upon the awakening of Abyss. Ruby Heart took it upon herself to travel to Marvel and Capcom's universes to recruit several heroes and villains.

100 (possibly more) Unnamed Universes
Shuma-Gorath is toted as the "Ruler of a Hundred Dimensions", and has casually mentioned that any of his dowries would be given "many dimensions".

"Many" Unnamed Universes
Dormammu claims that the encounter with Galactus opened his eyes to the many opportunities there are on "so many different worlds". Dormammu ultimately favours recruiting Capcom characters as to take over the Marvel and Capcom universes. However, as Dormammu has displayed a clear knowledge of Shuma-Gorath, as well as his place relative to him on the hierarchy, we can safely assume Dormammu is not referring to any of the 100 dimensions that Shuma-Gorath rules over.

So there are at least 108 universes in the cosmology of Marvel vs. Capcom. Taking from the “many” statements, there’s probably at least four or six more too. But I’m not gonna make estimates. We basically know there’s 108+ universes in total.

With the Infinity Gauntlet, Thanos decided in his MSH ending (in one of his two endings, that is) to reshape all of existence. As that is relevant to the entire cosmology of MvC, this would affect his rating with the Gauntlet. I'm drafting up his profile and this is pretty integral to cover before I make things official

That profile is going to be zero fun to make

Onslaught is the creation of Professor X and Magneto's dark emotions, and is described as a psionic being. There are specific cast members who can defeat him, so they should get Non-Physical Interaction. The following are those who should get it:
-Spider-Man
-War Machine
-Wolverine
-Mega Man
-Roll
-Captain Commando
-Strider Hiryu
-Venom

That's about it for that category

In MvC2, Ruby Heart's Earth is being faced with the passive effects of Abyss simply being awake. In terms of what affects specific characters, is the land-based conditions. Abyss' very presence was responsible for a passive, global wind that killed animals, inland life, and plant life. The awakening of Abyss also spread a mysterious illness to SonSon's village.

Those recruited by Ruby Heart have to traverse the planet to act against Abyss, and literally have to be in their presence for the final battle. Ruby Heart, Amingo, and SonSon were on Earth as this was happening and literally have to watch these effects for themselves, with Amingo seeing the plant life die and SonSon's village being infected. So for the three original characters of MvC2 as well as those shown in MvC2's ending, they should earn a Resistance to Death Manipulation and a Resistance to Disease Manipulation. Remember, these are global winds occurring because Abyss has simply been woken up. Hell, Ruby was the one to accidentally free him, so she was pretty much at grounds zero before anyone else. The plot of this game couldn't happen if they weren't able to resist this. But who would this apply to? I'll list that off now:
-Ruby Heart
-Cable
-Ryu
-Cyclops
-Spider-Man
-Morrigan Aensland
-Sakura Kasugano
-Jill Valentine
-Captain America
-Guile
-Marrow
-Shuma-Gorath
-Iceman
-Tron Bonne
-Zangief
-Doctor Doom
-Anakaris
-Magneto
-Akuma
-Wolverine
-Hayato
-B.B. Hood
-Amingo
-SonSon
-Psylocke
-Hulk
-Strider Hiryu
-Venom
-Juggernaut
-Captain Commando
-Jin Saotome
-Gambit
-Rogue

Remember. This was on Ruby Heart's Earth. That's why other MvC2 cast members or other MvC characters in general aren't applicable here

Conclusions
-Huge overhaul of Ultron-Sigma’s profile
-Clarification on Black Panther and Monster Hunter’s profiles
-Cosmology update
-Specific MvC:CoSH characters get Non-Physical Interaction
-Everyone who teamed up to fight Abyss gets Resistance to Death Manipulation and Disease Manipulation

To anyone asking where the Abyss profile is, we’re getting there. We only like, very recently got the long lost magazine scans

Thoughts?

Agree: MaidRips, Isaiah_ZaMangaka, Bossbrosish, Reploidnoridomix, Tonygameman, Abu2411, Milly_Rocking_Bandit, ImmortalDread, Marvel_Champion_07, Excel616, The_2nd_Existential_Seed, LuffyRuffy46307, Maverick_Zero_X, SamanPatou, Oliver_de_jesus, Eseseso

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
Mad lad finally did it, so put me in for agree. S̶e̶e̶m̶s̶ t̶h̶e̶ S̶S̶J̶4̶ G̶o̶g̶e̶t̶a̶ m̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ m̶a̶y̶ n̶o̶t̶ b̶e̶ p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ d̶u̶e̶ t̶o̶ H̶i̶g̶h̶ 5̶-̶A̶ d̶u̶r̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ r̶i̶p̶

Mad lad finally did it, so put me in for agree. S̶e̶e̶m̶s̶ t̶h̶e̶ S̶S̶J̶4̶ G̶o̶g̶e̶t̶a̶ m̶a̶t̶c̶h̶ m̶a̶y̶ n̶o̶t̶ b̶e̶ p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ d̶u̶e̶ t̶o̶ H̶i̶g̶h̶ 5̶-̶A̶ d̶u̶r̶a̶b̶i̶l̶i̶t̶y̶ r̶i̶p̶
and his 2-C power

Onslaught is the creation of Professor X and Magneto's dark emotions, and is described as a psionic being. There are specific cast members who can defeat him, so they should get Non-Physical Interaction. The following are those who should get it:
-Spider-Man
-War Machine
-Wolverine
-Mega Man
-Roll
-Captain Commando
-Strider Hiryu

That's about it for that category
Hold on, shouldn't Venom also be included here?

last question,so the combine power of 4 stone,infinity buster and energy of the whole member in resistance team will only grant far higher into high 5-A tier right

As a long-time supporter, I pretty much agree with this whole revision.

EDIT: Speaking of Captain America, it's funny how a narrative thread said his ending is canon as it explains about how characters from the Capcom Universe were summoned to Marvel's Universe, despite him not defeating Onslaught (I really wish he should've).

Last edited:
Agree, tho I am not understanding the cosmology part, how is that tier 1?

Damn, I thought it won't be any super complex tier 1, rather a straightfoward one. I really interpret it wrong

But I once again don't understand the death hax resistance part, you only linked all scans for disease hax resistance.

I agree with the first two arguments, but I have something to say about the rest.

Afaik in the comics Onslaught is intangible only on the inside, as his armor is physical and gets shattered at some point, releasing him as a sort of psychic-ghost. Without further context from MvC, I'd equate him to his comics counterpart and say that the game characters are striking his physical part.

I'm not sure about the resistances, it looks like a case of no one getting affected because yes. We are not given a timeframe for Abyss's curse, and from what I see it is said to kill only animals and not humans, right? Amingo's also not an ordinary plant, and there's no mention of other plant-people being affected, I think?
Same for SonSon, a disease is spreading in her village, but it doesn't mean everyone being infected, she might just have not be stricken by the contagion.

I do see the point, it's just strange to have a whole bunch of people resisting such diverse powers not for an actual evidence but rather "meta-logic".

I agree with the first two arguments, but I have something to say about the rest.

Afaik in the comics Onslaught is intangible only on the inside, as his armor is physical and gets shattered at some point, releasing him as a sort of psychic-ghost. Without further context from MvC, I'd equate him to his comics counterpart and say that the game characters are striking his physical part.

I'm not sure about the resistances, it looks like a case of no one getting affected because yes. We are not given a timeframe for Abyss's curse, and from what I see it is said to kill only animals and not humans, right? Amingo's also not an ordinary plant, and there's no mention of other plant-people being affected, I think?
Same for SonSon, a disease is spreading in her village, but it doesn't mean everyone being infected, she might just have not be stricken by the contagion.

I do see the point, it's just strange to have a whole bunch of people resisting such diverse powers not for an actual evidence but rather "meta-logic".
I mean, we could list the resistances as "possible" in that case then no?

That’s in the comics, but this is MvC, which follows a different continuity. We can’t base instances such as the shattering of his armour off the comics

It’s not meta logic. Ruby Heart, Amingo, and SonSon are there as passive effects that inflict death and disease are globally spread. Furthermore, she’s bringing in a ton of people, who alongside her, have to directly interact with Abyss

It isn’t animals just dying. They mentioned death to inland life is occurring, which would go beyond animals.

I see what you mean about Amingo and SonSon. But in Amingo’s case, saying he’s not a normal plant only seems to support the fact that he can resist the passive death manip. SonSon’s a little more debatable, true, but it’s not really a stretch given Abyss’ effects were planetary

Abyss’ abilities are not a “curse”. Stuff like the death and disease manip is literally occurring via him being awoken. There’s no timeframe, he’s just doing these things by existing

The actual evidence is there. How could Ruby, Amingo, and SonSon, three vital protagonists, let the plot move forward if they were vulnerable to this? How could the cast members seen in the ending be alive if they had to meet with Abyss themselves? Remember, the winds bringing death are casual winds. Like the kind that occur each and every day, around the planet

If they couldn’t resist that, MvC2’s plot couldn’t come to a close

@SamanPatou Btw when you said the first agreed with two arguments, I assume you mean the Ultron-Sigma and Black Panther stuff. Are you also alright with the cosmology?

That’s in the comics, but this is MvC, which follows a different continuity. We can’t base instances such as the shattering of his armour off the comics
The thing is that MvC gives a quick description of who Onslaught is, and he is a psionic entity even in the comics, but the intangible being is inside the armor, the same he dons even in MvC.

I believe this is a case of MvC just copy-pasting the notions from the comics, rather than establishing a complete different nature for the character.

It’s not meta logic. Ruby Heart, Amingo, and SonSon are there as passive effects that inflict death and disease are globally spread. Furthermore, she’s bringing in a ton of people, who alongside her, have to directly interact with Abyss
It isn’t animals just dying. They mentioned death to inland life is occurring, which would go beyond animals.
With meta-logic I mean that the entire roster of 20+ different kind of people and creatures aren't getting affected by the malicious powers not because of a real reason, but just because otherwise they'd be dead and wouldn't be able to fight the boss, whose abilities don't go as much in detail.

I see what you mean about Amingo and SonSon. But in Amingo’s case, saying he’s not a normal plant only seems to support the fact that he can resist the passive death manip. SonSon’s a little more debatable, true, but it’s not really a stretch given Abyss’ effects were planetary
I meant more like the evil powers affecting only normal plants and not creatures like him.
Also, the bio says Abyss is destroying plant life in his homeland, which means the process is still ongoing. I'd get it if all the plants but him had been exterminated, but I can see him noticing a progressive death of plant-life and deciding to take action before all of them die.

Abyss’ abilities are a “curse”. Stuff like the death and disease manip is literally occurring via him being awoken. There’s no timeframe, he’s just doing these things by existing
I mean the time it takes for them to have effect, but also why the reason some people and things get affected and others don't.
From what I read, it's not a complete extermination of every living being, but rather many but not all living beings suffering their effect, eventually leading to exctintion if not halted.

The actual evidence is there. How could Ruby, Amingo, and SonSon, three vital protagonists, let the plot move forward if they were vulnerable to this? How could the cast members seen in the ending be alive if they had to meet with Abyss themselves? Remember, the winds bringing death are casual winds. Like the kind that occur each and every day, around the planet. If they couldn’t resist that, MvC2’s plot couldn’t come to a close
This is what I was saying before with meta-logic. I get your point, I'm just skeptical for this reason.
With actual evidence I mean something stating they don't get affected, rather than using what I consider meta-argument.

But I won't drag this thing on forever; I personally wouldn't add them, but could also settle for a "possibly". If I'm outvoted anyway, I'll accept the resistance being added.

@SamanPatou Btw when you said the first agreed with two arguments, I assume you mean the Ultron-Sigma and Black Panther stuff. Are you also alright with the cosmology?
Yes, my mistake, I meant everything but those two things.

The thing is that MvC gives a quick description of who Onslaught is, and he is a psionic entity even in the comics, but the intangible being is inside the armor, the same he dons even in MvC.
That’s true, but that clarification isn’t actually given in MvC. I don’t that sounds like a loophole from me, but Onslaught is described strictly as a psionic being created by Xavier and Magneto’s dark emotions here. We have nothing else to separate the armour as physical, and even then, Onslaught is still killed by those who can defeat him in certain endings

I believe this is a case of MvC just copy-pasting the notions from the comics, rather than establishing a complete different nature for the character.
I get what you mean. MvC is very loyal to the comics. But given we already have some huge differences in abilities and physiologies, we can’t assume this is the case for Onslaught unless we’re told

With meta-logic I mean that the entire roster of 20+ different kind of people and creatures aren't getting affected by the malicious powers not because of a real reason, but just because otherwise they'd be dead and wouldn't be able to fight the boss, whose abilities don't go as much in detail.

I meant more like the evil powers affecting only normal plants and not creatures like him.
Also, the bio says Abyss is destroying plant life in his homeland, which means the process is still ongoing. I'd get it if all the plants but him had been exterminated, but I can see him noticing a progressive death of plant-life and deciding to take action before all of them die.

I mean the time it takes for them to have effect, but also why the reason some people and things get affected and others don't.
From what I read, it's not a complete extermination of every living being, but rather many but not all living beings suffering their effect, eventually leading to exctintion if not halted.

This is what I was saying before with meta-logic. I get your point, I'm just skeptical for this reason.
With actual evidence I mean something stating they don't get affected, rather than using what I consider meta-argument.

But I won't drag this thing on forever; I personally wouldn't add them, but could also settle for a "possibly". If I'm outvoted anyway, I'll accept the resistance being added.
I get what you mean. Of course, you don’t wanna drag this on and I don’t either, so I’ll respond, but I won’t egg you on with the topic

The entire roster can’t resist it. Only those that were recruited and assisting Ruby Heart on her Earth. I definitely don’t think EVERYONE in MvC2 can resist it and that’s why I listed the characters I did. Sure, I do think those like Tron’s Servbots were spared via being robotic in nature. But everyone else on the team didn’t have the luxury

The element of there being a “countdown” for the planet is in regards to everything in its entirety. Organic life itself is either being faced with disease or straight up dying on the spot due to the winds. It would just be very odd to me to assume Ruby and several of her collected help, who even have to stroll up to Abyss himself, never have to deal with his passive effects at all. For stuff like his effects on the sea life, that obviously doesn’t effect anyone because nobody is confirmed to have gone in the water during that period in MvC2. But for stuff like death manip, it’s pretty unavoidable going by the official scans and bios

The mentioning of Amingo’s specific homeland in reference to death manip doesn’t come off as a work in progress to me. Simply, it’s referencing the scale at which Amingo is personally noticing Abyss’ presence

Yes, my mistake, I meant everything but those two things.
All good. Just wanted to check

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back